How hard was it for Shola to miss?

Rob W

How hard is it to stay onside these days!? All he needs to do is watch his line, fair enough if he was caught once or twice - but it was 5 or 6 times today. He really needs to take a look at himself and get it sorted.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not just Shola's appalling goals record in the prem and some of his performances its the fact that we've all know for an age that he and Shearer cannot play together. They make each other and the team worse and leave us with nothing in attack unless every single player is on their game which is rare.

It had to be Chopra, or Zog pushed up something like that to give us something up front. If Shearer was injured and Owen was playing you could get away with starting Shola.

41745[/snapback]

Spot on, they simply cannot play together.

How hard is it to stay onside these days!? All he needs to do is watch his line, fair enough if he was caught once or twice - but it was 5 or 6 times today. He really needs to take a look at himself and get it sorted.

41771[/snapback]

I sit up in the gods at SJP and whenever the lad plays he stands offside nearly all game. And I don't mean in a watchful sense where he'll bend his run back and be onside when the pass is played. I mean he just stands there. Offside. Paying no attention to the fact and making no effort to put it right.

He's not good enough like. I think this really has to be his last season here, flog him to a Championship club (which I personally think is his level to be fair) for a canny price and get in a couple of half decent centre forwards. He gets far too much stick at the match, but he's certainly not the man to replace Shearer, no matter how much he thinks he is.

He deserves the criticism because he is consistently rubbish. For some reason the ameobi apologists want to overlook this and shift the blame to anything....other players that he can't play with, the system.....anything other than facing up to the fact that ameobi is just plain sh!te. At 24 he is not going to develop much further and he's certainly not going to get any faster. He's much better suited to the sands with a bucket of carrots.

He deserves the criticism because he is consistently rubbish. For some reason the ameobi apologists want to overlook this and shift the blame to anything....other players that he can't play with, the system.....anything other than facing up to the fact that ameobi is just plain sh!te. At 24 he is not going to develop much further and he's certainly not going to get any faster. He's much better suited to the sands with a bucket of carrots.

42340[/snapback]

Getting on his back from the minute he sets foot on the pitch till the minute he gets off isn't going to help things though don't you think? I think we're all pretty much in agreement that he isn't good enough, but the shit he gets during the game has become predictable boring bollocks tbh. Slag him before and after, but geting on the back of a player during a game doesn't help the team and is counter-productive, imo like.

You might need kudoes from the forum alex, that's up to you. Some of us form our own opinions.

42372[/snapback]

I don't rate him though, if you read the thread you'd see that. (Not saying you should read through every thread you post in, just pointing out that agree with you about his ability). I just don't like the constant stick he gets at the match. Every time his name gets mentioned though there's a stampede to have a pop. That's my opinion anyway.

You might need kudoes from the forum alex, that's up to you. Some of us form our own opinions.

42372[/snapback]

:lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself!

I'm sure NUFC has made Ameobi a millionaire. He can't really complain, he's had a lot of chances. I think it's a mistake to place so much emphasis on "local" talent.

I think Lua Lua was probably the better player (just), but he wasn't from Newcastle.

I agree with SLP though, the guy could do without the crap while he's actually playing.

I think the best we can do is loan him out for a bit.

Robson really did have a problem with players playing outside the continent.

Sad really....

42402[/snapback]

Especially when he claims to be so patriotic himself.

There are too few people who would understand that conflict.

I am forever grateful for what Robson did for this club but as a person he's a joke.

Robson really did have a problem with players playing outside the continent.

Sad really....

42402[/snapback]

Especially when he claims to be so patriotic himself.

42405[/snapback]

And him being so in-continent :lol:

There are too few people who would understand that conflict.

I am forever grateful for what Robson did for this club but as a person he's a joke.

42413[/snapback]

A bit harsh that, isn't it? Nobody's perfect.

Nobody is perfect. But I seem to recall that missing planes and arriving back late was an issue at times, especially with the likes of asprilla. I can speak from experience that it doesn't happen that often, but some of these superstars seemed to manage to do it a lot more than us regular joes who work for a living. That was one of the things that frustrated BR and rightly so when we are paying their wages and he has to plan ahead.

42533[/snapback]

You're right, it's a little harsh, I do tend to veer to one extreme or another with people. I thought he was all right until I read his autobiography, he comes out of it looking like a complete whinging tosser, who never made a mistake in his entire life and his nationalistic 'God Save the Queen and Might England' bollocks bordered on racism.

I don't suffer fools gladly, and he's a fool.

Nothing wrong with being proud of your country or liking the Queen if that's what you choose. It's sad sacks like you that have to associate that with racism. What are you looking for....kudos from the politically correct tossers on the forum?

Nothing wrong with being proud of your country or liking the Queen if that's what you choose. It's sad sacks like you that have to associate that with racism. What are you looking for....kudos from the politically correct tossers on the forum?

42543[/snapback]

Not ok to express an opinion though. Yes, well done. I was hoping people would like me better by expressing an unpopular opinion on one of our most popular managers. I say what I see, in this case that apparently makes me 'pc'. I hate when political correctness prevents people from expressing opinions, you've just found a whole new way to do that, aren't you great?

I thought in his particular instance that his attitude towards foreign players was bordering on racist and whilst worshipping the crown that was ironic.

I never said liking the Queen made him a racist but if you really want to have an intelligent argument why don't you think about what bigging up your own country infers about other countries?

42533[/snapback]

You're right, it's a little harsh, I do tend to veer to one extreme or another with people. I thought he was all right until I read his autobiography, he comes out of it looking like a complete whinging tosser, who never made a mistake in his entire life and his nationalistic 'God Save the Queen and Might England' bollocks bordered on racism.

I don't suffer fools gladly, and he's a fool.

42537[/snapback]

He went down in my estimation after reading his autobiography too actually. Things that really pissed me off were:

The fact he clearly would have dropped us to manage England again if he had the choice. His blood bleeds black and white my arse.

His obsession with money, and in particular a very insulting comment about how much he was worth compared to "normal" people.

His general lack of respect for Newcastle fans' intelligence.

His treatment of foreign players, especially Solano. He just couldn't avoid getting a last dig at him (Boro vs Villa match), could he?

His talking up players that we all know frankly were shit, just because he signed them (e.g. Cort). His assessment of Jenas was frankly ridiculous.

So yes, I probably agree with you on the whole. :lol: