What did you guys think of.................

Torres

I didn't think the atmosphere was owt special like, especially when the Liverpool players needed the crowd behind them. It's normally very good on these sorts of nights though (I suppose it should be).

Nothing they can ever do or Celtic for that matter could touch Barca in 97.

Aye, I was thinking about that the other night when the match was on so it's funny you should mention that. The constant singing and the atmosphere in general that nigth was unbelievable that night, it really was. They bang on about other clubs but if we had a genuine chance of winning the CL (pie in the sky I know) you'd have to say we'd be as good as, if not better, than anywhere in terms of atmosphere. What a night that was.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stevie
I didn't think the atmosphere was owt special like, especially when the Liverpool players needed the crowd behind them. It's normally very good on these sorts of nights though (I suppose it should be).

Nothing they can ever do or Celtic for that matter could touch Barca in 97.

Aye, I was thinking about that the other night when the match was on so it's funny you should mention that. The constant singing and the atmosphere in general that nigth was unbelievable that night, it really was. They bang on about other clubs but if we had a genuine chance of winning the CL (pie in the sky I know) you'd have to say we'd be as good as, if not better, than anywhere in terms of atmosphere. What a night that was.

Better than anywhere in this country (England or Scotland) for definite. If you notice with Liverpool and Celtic, the media darlings in terms of fans, they sing YNWA at the start, make a noise for 3 minutes, then thats it. Then the commentator will make light of the lack of atmosphere, putting it down to "nerves" it really is pathetic.

Torres, why do you ask such a question on this board? Surely, by reading the rest of it, you realise that you'll never get a fair or honest opinion about Liverpool on it. There are so many wrong 'facts' on here that it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to sort them out. Forget it, we won 5-3 on agg, we're through to the semis for the 9th time, on merit. Arsenal play sublime football at times, totally outplayed us for the first 20 minutes, but once big Sami scored we came in to our own.

To the two that say the atmosphere at Anfield was bad and that it would be/was better at your ground all I can say is you must be deaf or so blinded by envy you can't see what's in front of you.

I was at Anfield and can assure you the place was rocking to it's foundations, there wasn't a minute when there was no noise. Not as good as Chelsea 05 granted but still better than most.

Guest Stevie
Torres, why do you ask such a question on this board? Surely, by reading the rest of it, you realise that you'll never get a fair or honest opinion about Liverpool on it. There are so many wrong 'facts' on here that it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to sort them out. Forget it, we won 5-3 on agg, we're through to the semis for the 9th time, on merit. Arsenal play sublime football at times, totally outplayed us for the first 20 minutes, but once big Sami scored we came in to our own.

To the two that say the atmosphere at Anfield was bad and that it would be/was better at your ground all I can say is you must be deaf or so blinded by envy you can't see what's in front of you.

I was at Anfield and can assure you the place was rocking to it's foundations, there wasn't a minute when there was no noise. Not as good as Chelsea 05 granted but still better than most.

Complete bollocks, I've never seen anything in this country before or since when we played Barca and that was just a group game.

Sounded shite on the telly, till last 10 minutes.

Complete bollocks, I've never seen anything in this country before or since when we played Barca and that was just a group game.

Sounded shite on the telly, till last 10 minutes.

I thought there was summat wrong with the sound. :icon_lol:

As I said, no use looking for honesty about Liverpool on here.

I think you've got a point tbf...we're acting like mackems ffs....

It's not so long since we finished above the pool, we should see them as rivals not act like jealous cockends. I bet you we'll be up above you in the league again within 2 years too... :icon_lol::(

Edited by Asprilla

Guest Stevie

It's not so long since we finished above the pool, we should see them as rivals not act like jealous cockends. I bet you we'll be up above you in the league again within 2 years too... :icon_lol::(

I can't see any jealous cockends, we were asked a question we answered it. Are we supposed to say the atmosphere was like River v Boca, and Liverpool played like Brazil??????!?!

It's not so long since we finished above the pool, we should see them as rivals not act like jealous cockends. I bet you we'll be up above you in the league again within 2 years too... :(:blush:

I can't see any jealous cockends, we were asked a question we answered it. Are we supposed to say the atmosphere was like River v Boca, and Liverpool played like Brazil??????!?!

We're talking about a match 11 years ago. The fact that the Liverpool fans expect success is part of the reason they don't make as much noise for a group game. In any case, it's hard to say for sure what the crowds are like too from just the TV. They can make it sound however they want.

BTW, if we're not jealous, then we should be.... :icon_lol:

I'm not saying there aren't annoying Liverpool fans, I just think we've acted a bit bitter towards them and it reflects badly on us. Credit where it's due, they've won shitloads over the last few years after some lean ones.

for the record, neither team played outstandingly.

the best thing for me is knowing that liverpool won't win the final... especially if they play manchester united. i think they'll get spanked.

I think it's ManU's to lose this year.

It's not so long since we finished above the pool, we should see them as rivals not act like jealous cockends. I bet you we'll be up above you in the league again within 2 years too... :(:blush:

If I were you I wouldn`t wager too much on that. :icon_lol:

It's not so long since we finished above the pool, we should see them as rivals not act like jealous cockends. I bet you we'll be up above you in the league again within 2 years too... :blush::icon_lol:

If I were you I wouldn`t wager too much on that. :icon_lol:

We'll see. :(