Benitez souding bitter, beaten and broken.

Park Life

Dont get me wrong I am not saying he is crap or anything but after 4 years and spending lots of money he hasn't improved their league staus. i know he won the champions league and that is amazing but after 4 years you would think he would have started challenging for the title by now.

Has he been there 4 years now? I must admit it's strange that Robson arguably did a better job of mixing it up then.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get me wrong I am not saying he is crap or anything but after 4 years and spending lots of money he hasn't improved their league staus. i know he won the champions league and that is amazing but after 4 years you would think he would have started challenging for the title by now.

Has he been there 4 years now? I must admit it's strange that Robson arguably did a better job of mixing it up then.

This is their 3rd CL semi in those 4 years isn't it? Potentially the 3rd CL final in that time. Amazing really. Shame about the league form although they've looked good since about Xmas on that front. No shock it coincided with him stopping the constant chopping and changing.

This is their 3rd CL semi in those 4 years isn't it? Potentially the 3rd CL final in that time. Amazing really. Shame about the league form although they've looked good since about Xmas on that front. No shock it coincided with him stopping the constant chopping and changing.

As much as it is a cliche the saying is true, the league is your bread and butter. The CL is a great bonus but I'd prefer to see us challenging for the league than doing well in the CL, though as you say they have kicked on recently and if he survives the summer I can see next season being a critical one for Benitez.

As much as it is a cliche the saying is true, the league is your bread and butter. The CL is a great bonus but I'd prefer to see us challenging for the league than doing well in the CL, though as you say they have kicked on recently and if he survives the summer I can see next season being a critical one for Benitez.

I'd settle for winning either though :nufc: I think Liverpool fans are really desperate for a serious league challenge though.

The league is always the number one objective with all Liverpool managers, even Rafa. Once the league looks out of sight he concentrates on the Champions League because this is what has given him his transfer budget for the last few years.

Our best league run under Benitez was 05/06 season when we finished on 82 points, 1 behind Manure and 9 behind Chelsea. We got knocked out of the CL in the first knockout round that season, which for me shows he's capable of winning the league but his squad isn't good enough to go for everything.

Our players are looking fresh at the minute which may be down to his rotation policy. He believes that it's no good resting players once they are knackered, it's best to keep them fresh for the business end of the season. No-one can say it hasn't worked. What we are lacking is quality players to rotate with.

Our players are looking fresh at the minute which may be down to his rotation policy. He believes that it's no good resting players once they are knackered, it's best to keep them fresh for the business end of the season. No-one can say it hasn't worked. What we are lacking is quality players to rotate with.

I disagree, I think you're always going to have certain problems when rotating players regardless of quality. I take Rafa's point about keeping players fresh at the start of the season but if the result is that when it comes to the middle of the season and you're already out of the running for the league then it really defeats the purpose. Getting off to a good start and being there or there abouts come January can result in momentum and the chase often giving players that extra 10% of energy what keeps them going until the end of the season.

I disagree, I think you're always going to have certain problems when rotating players regardless of quality. I take Rafa's point about keeping players fresh at the start of the season but if the result is that when it comes to the middle of the season and you're already out of the running for the league then it really defeats the purpose. Getting off to a good start and being there or there abouts come January can result in momentum and the chase often giving players that extra 10% of energy what keeps them going until the end of the season.

I think Rafa was quite lucky at Valencia where he inherited a team on the up and up from Cuper.

*Runs off to check if true* :nufc:

I think Rafa was quite lucky at Valencia where he inherited a team on the up and up from Cuper.

ewerk

This interview with Benitez explains his theories on rotation, if you're interested.

Benitez interview with Balague

Park Life

The interview also answers your question about Hector Cuper

ewerk

This interview with Benitez explains his theories on rotation, if you're interested.

Benitez interview with Balague

Park Life

The interview also answers your question about Hector Cuper

Cheers. Having a read now. :rolleyes: