Grimsby cup game to be televised...

Scottish Mag

TOWN'S Carling Cup game with Newcastle United has been selected by Sky TV to be shown live on the satellite channel. The Mariners will receive around £50K from the broadcaster, which should bring their earnings from the cup run so far to over £200K.

The third round clash against the Magpies will take place on Wednesday, October 26th (19.45 KO) and comes on the back of Grimsby's second round triumph against Tottenham, which is probably the shock of the season so far in any competition, and received enormous coverage throughout the media.

A delighted chairman John Fenty told the Grimsby Telegraph: "It's fantastic news to be on Sky again and yet another massive boost for the club.

"Not only does it give us another shot-in-the-arm financially but means we will again be seen in around 122 countries - putting the town of Grimsby into the limelight once again.

"For the team as well, it will be another chance to show what they can achieve live to the nation and I'm sure everyone involved, and the fans, are already looking forward to it."

Tuna army? ;)

39415[/snapback]

What a pilchard. You'll get battered for that! They'll be cramming through the door like sardines to turn you into fish food!

39860[/snapback]

What a carp post!

39863[/snapback]

Aye, best get on me pike..

Tuna army? ;)

39415[/snapback]

What a pilchard. You'll get battered for that! They'll be cramming through the door like sardines to turn you into fish food!

39860[/snapback]

What a carp post!

39863[/snapback]

39864[/snapback]

Okay, but watch the wind doesn't spoil your mullet.

Tuna army? ;)

39415[/snapback]

39860[/snapback]

What a carp post!

39863[/snapback]

39864[/snapback]

Okay, but watch the wind doesn't spoil your mullet.

39866[/snapback]

I'll be alreet, I've got sole baby!