Lee Evans

Toonraider

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friends. Now that is shit.

was good the first time I saw it, but it's repeated so much I could probably quote entire series while piloting a yacht round Cape Horn

I haven't watched The Office for absolutely ages, may have to give it a viewing at some point. It was one of those for me that got ruined, as by the time the 2nd series had almost finished, cock munchers everywhere were walking about thinking they were David Brent, despite never actually watching an episode of it.

Friends. Now that is shit.

was good the first time I saw it, but it's repeated so much I could probably quote entire series while piloting a yacht round Cape Horn

What little charm it ever had disappeared with those awful, patronising London episodes. Then they made another five series of the shite.

to be fair Luke, he vreated genuine innovation in the genre, his stand up show is extremely well done. He's not even that shabby an actor when given a piece to really sink his teeth into he's not bad. Unfortunately all of the films that he's been in so far have been a variation on the David Brent character.

That scene in Extras christmas special when he's in the BB house is very well done.

But, like so much in life it's entirely subjective and if you don't like him, all power to ya

Did he?

Spinal Tap, Curb your enthusiasm & Peter Kay spring to mind as shows that used a documentary format before Gervais did, or is that not what you meant?

I do think he's great though. The Christmas Extras and Office are two shows I enjoyed even more than the hype says I should.

You missed out Operation Good Guys ;)

to be fair Luke, he vreated genuine innovation in the genre, his stand up show is extremely well done. He's not even that shabby an actor when given a piece to really sink his teeth into he's not bad. Unfortunately all of the films that he's been in so far have been a variation on the David Brent character.

That scene in Extras christmas special when he's in the BB house is very well done.

But, like so much in life it's entirely subjective and if you don't like him, all power to ya

Did he?

Spinal Tap, Curb your enthusiasm & Peter Kay spring to mind as shows that used a documentary format before Gervais did, or is that not what you meant?

I do think he's great though. The Christmas Extras and Office are two shows I enjoyed even more than the hype says I should.

You missed out Operation Good Guys ;)

Alex beats Ket