Ashley demands showdown talks

Jimbo

Something that does piss me off about this is why the fuck is Keegan being summonsed to London by Ashley two days before a Premiership match? Surely it would be in the best interests of all if Ashley made his way up to Tyneside if he has issues?

I know a lot of it is press garbage, but I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about the fact the club is increasingly seeming to be run from London rather than Newcastle...

I'd hope it'll all happen in the afternoon/evening after training. It's only an hour flight isn't it?

Even if it's a one hour flight, it's unnecessary don't you think?

I certainly don't think Ashley has the best footballing interests in mind by arranging it. He comes up to Newcastle, oversees training and THEN meets with Keegan - it's how it should be done anyway.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest alex
Something that does piss me off about this is why the fuck is Keegan being summonsed to London by Ashley two days before a Premiership match? Surely it would be in the best interests of all if Ashley made his way up to Tyneside if he has issues?

I know a lot of it is press garbage, but I'm starting to feel a bit uneasy about the fact the club is increasingly seeming to be run from London rather than Newcastle...

I'd hope it'll all happen in the afternoon/evening after training. It's only an hour flight isn't it?

I certainly don't think Ashley has the best footballing interests in mind by arranging it. He comes up to Newcastle, oversees training and THEN meets with Keegan - it's how it should be done anyway.

He's the owner and the boss etc. I'm happy with whatever arrangements are more convenient. Making something out of nothing imo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/7390139.stm

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan says he is looking forward to his meeting with owner Mike Ashley in London on Friday.

The pair's relationship is reported to have soured after Keegan claimed that Newcastle were unlikely to break into top four during his time in charge.

But Keegan said: "I am going to London on Friday to talk with Mike Ashley. That is a good thing and I will look forward to it.

"That's the only comment I am going to make on anything to do with that."

A pre-match press conference ahead of Newcastle's Premier League match at Everton was brought forward 24 hours to pre-empt questions on the meeting.

"This is a pre-match conference for the game against Everton and that's all I'm going to talk about from now on," added the 57-year-old, who rejoined Newcastle four months ago.

Speculation continues over Keegan's future at St James' Park after the manager's comments following Newcastle's 2-0 defeat to Chelsea on Monday.

Keegan claimed the Premier League would continue to be dominated by Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

"Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't," said Keegan after the match.

"This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world."

Keegan, who turned Newcastle into title contenders when he managed them from February 1992 until January 1997, has been promised funds to attract big-name signings in the summer.

But he has repeatedly indicated his dissatisfaction that striker Michael Owen has not been tied down to a new contract, while he has also sarcastically said his relationship with his billionaire owner was good because they never spoke.

Oh the irony...................so Ashley is plastic! Who`d have thought that........... :lol:

Who said anything about him being plastic? At least our club is being run from this country rather than the other side of the Atlantic...

And in any case, you're hardly best placed to be wax-lyrical about boardroom activities, are you mong? :lol:

Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan says he is looking forward to his meeting with owner Mike Ashley in London on Friday.

The pair's relationship is reported to have soured after Keegan claimed that Newcastle were unlikely to break into top four during his time in charge.

But Keegan said: "I am going to London on Friday to talk with Mike Ashley. That is a good thing and I will look forward to it.

A pre-match press conference ahead of Newcastle's Premier League match at Everton was brought forward 24 hours to pre-empt questions on the meeting.

"This is a pre-match conference for the game against Everton and that's all I'm going to talk about from now on," added the 57-year-old, who rejoined Newcastle four months ago.

Speculation continues over Keegan's future at St James' Park after the manager's comments following Newcastle's 2-0 defeat to Chelsea on Monday.

Keegan claimed the Premier League would continue to be dominated by Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool.

"Maybe the owner thinks we can bridge that gap - but we can't," said Keegan after the match.

"This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world."

Keegan, who turned Newcastle into title contenders when he managed them from February 1992 until January 1997, has been promised funds to attract big-name signings in the summer.

But he has repeatedly indicated his dissatisfaction that striker Michael Owen has not been tied down to a new contract, while he has also sarcastically said his relationship with his billionaire owner was good because they never spoke.

Oh the irony...................so Ashley is plastic! Who`d have thought that........... :lol:

Who said anything about him being plastic? At least our club is being run from this country rather than the other side of the Atlantic...

And in any case, you're hardly best placed to be wax-lyrical about boardroom activities, are you mong? :lol:

Weak comeback. Sooooooooooo funny after all the humdrum about all the "local" crap..............you have to shift the goalposts!

This is really amusing......

I don't know the ins and outs. If Mort and Wise are already down there trying to convince some 18 year old genius to sign for us, or Ashley is agreeing a £500M sponsorship deal with Nike, I'd say going down there was common sense, given that this weekends fixture has very little impact on the future of the club.

Weak comeback. Sooooooooooo funny after all the humdrum about all the "local" crap..............you have to shift the goalposts!

You just haven't got a clue, you adolescent moron.

Guest alex

No one's saying you have to be local to support the club. No one is saying Ashley is a Newcastle fan either.

You truly are a fucking mong aren't you? :lol:

SHould get yourself over to Skunkers. They like interacting with people like you... :lol:

No one's saying you have to be local to support the club. No one is saying Ashley is a Newcastle fan either.

tbh i think you should support your local team

Guest alex

That's great triggy. I really value your opinion too.

Don`t backtrack now. tut tut tut..............

Guest alex

Don`t backtrack now. tut tut tut..............

How am I backtracking?

That's great triggy. I really value your opinion too.

thats nice to know

You truly are a fucking mong aren't you? :lol:

SHould get yourself over to Skunkers. They like interacting with people like you... :lol:

So they like plastic fans................like the messiah and London Ashley.............that really backfired, didn`t it? The irony is so amusing.

How would Keegan be plastic? He has played for us and managed us twice and his dad was a Geordie.

I thought a ''Liverpool Fan'' would have known at least that much.

How would Keegan be plastic? He has played for us and managed us twice and his dad was a Geordie.

By the same means that you call me plastic even though I was born in Liverpool and my father is a scouser. I thought any rational minded person would see that.

Was Ruud Ghuillit a geordie too or Fat Sam or Souness?

The irony is truly fantastic!

Edited by Tosser

By the same means that you call me plastic even though I was born in Liverpool and my father is a scouser. I thought any rational minded person would see that.

Have you played for Liverpool and Managed them twice?

Not yet. But I`d love to. How was your reign at Newcastle?

P.S. Keep going...............this is so amusing, I`ve never come across such a flawed argument as your`s. Brilliant.

It really isn't.

Keegan Knows if he had £500M at his disposal it wouldn't break Newcastle into the top four next year. That's all he's saying.

Well I think it is :lol:

Aye because we can't attract the quality of player.

What's the situation with you xbox atm it says mine should be back next week.

Exactly. It's like the soldiers arriving at the concentration camps, they wanted to feed the skeletal inmates up, fill their bellies so they'd feel better, but couldn't as their stomachs couldn't handle it. They had to be slowly weened from a few spoons of gruel, to soup, to porridge, to mash, to bread, to proper meat over time.

Just checked the xbox and apparently "Repair Status: Device Shipped to Customer" :lol:

I'm off to buy GTA4 at lunch time.

:lol: Nice analogy there btw.

Good stuff I've got GTA now just waiting on getting the Xbox back.

I'm off to buy GTA4 at lunch time.

£50 in Zavvi, are they having a laugh?

What a rip off get yourself on Amazon I got mine off there.

Torres if you honestly class owning/managing a club the same as supporting one then you are daft, being a glory hunter is completely different to owning a club without having ties to it or managing without being born there, Keegan does have ties to here like T-Keith says also it's his job ffs.

Btw you've never once said you were born in Liverpool if that's the case then fine but all this time you've alluded that you're from America and living in Switzerland.

Edited by Barton7

I was born near Preston, my Dad, my Grandad, my Uncle - they all supported Preston.

I moved to Newcastle when I was two. When I was old enough to understand what football was, I started following my local team who played in the old 2nd division and were absolute dig-shit FWIW.

Shits your theory right out of the water tbh.

I was born near Preston, my Dad, my Grandad, my Uncle - they all supported Preston.

I moved to Newcastle when I was two. When I was old enough to understand what football was, I started following my local team who played in the old 2nd division and were absolute dig-shit FWIW.

You hypocrite. Wow....................now it`s all even more ironic.

i dont think he wanted your life story tbh

P.S. Keep going...............this is so amusing, I`ve never come across such a flawed argument as your`s. Brilliant.

You so don't get it and you never will.

You don't know what your missing mate. I pity the fool...

You so don't get it and you never will.

You don't know what your missing mate. I pity the fool...

I pity him too.......................but there are so many to choose from....... :lol: