Barton - To ban or not to ban?

TheMoog

I can't be the only (non-scally :nufc: ) on here who did things and were at places my/their parents didn't know about at various times when I was 16.

Nope, but I suspect you probably weren't regularly at a McDonalds baiting a professional footballer at 4am in the morning.

And I bet your first reaction if you were caught wasn't to scream "I know my rights, I'm going to sue!" either. :scratchchin:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair I think any 16 year old who's loitering around at that time of night without good reason deserves a good hiding :D Their parents are likely scumbags as well... especially if they're scousers.

Undoubtedly, and the irony is that the very best thing for everyone (the general public and themselves) is that they get a good kicking. It'll teach them more than they'll ever learnt in school and be much more a deterrent to other behaviour than the law could ever be.

Barton's real downfall is that he doesn't employ a minder like Bellamy does to get him out of situations like that.

Society needs a minder against people like Barton...........................and it`s called prison. Suggesting that any 16 year old deserves to have his teeth smashed by a grown man should also carry a sentence.

I think that's in the next Labour election manifesto to be fair, 10 years without parole (ironically much longer than you'd ever get for actually doing it :nufc: ), right along with not voting for them putting you in a higher tax band (they learned that clever one from Islam :scratchchin: ).

But quite seriously all I can say is you've clearly never lived in Liverpool.

I however have lived in Liverpool and whilst the city has many positives its scallies are NOT one of them, the only thing they understand or respect is physical threat, and in fairness it's not done so bad a job for over the 100,000's of years of human evolution.

I have, but I really don`t think beating anyone is a solution to a problem. I think human evolution would be better served by educating people not to batter each other, rather than continuing to do so. Don´t you?............surely it is one of next steps in our evolution, meaning what went on prior to it was not ideal.

Guest alex
I can't be the only (non-scally :nufc: ) on here who did things and were at places my/their parents didn't know about at various times when I was 16.

Nope, but I suspect you probably weren't regularly at a McDonalds baiting a professional footballer at 4am in the morning.

And I bet your first reaction if you were caught wasn't to scream "I know my rights, I'm going to sue!" either. :scratchchin:

While I've never condoned Barton's actions (what the fuck was he doing there anyway? etc.) if you bait someone and get chinned - tough shit imo. You were asking for it.

While I've never condoned Barton's actions (what the fuck was he doing there anyway? etc.) if you bait someone and get chinned - tough shit imo. You were asking for it.

Perhaps, but a pro should react differently in such circumstances. No excuse for it.

To be fair I think any 16 year old who's loitering around at that time of night without good reason deserves a good hiding :D Their parents are likely scumbags as well... especially if they're scousers.

Undoubtedly, and the irony is that the very best thing for everyone (the general public and themselves) is that they get a good kicking. It'll teach them more than they'll ever learnt in school and be much more a deterrent to other behaviour than the law could ever be.

Barton's real downfall is that he doesn't employ a minder like Bellamy does to get him out of situations like that.

Society needs a minder against people like Barton...........................and it`s called prison. Suggesting that any 16 year old deserves to have his teeth smashed by a grown man should also carry a sentence.

I think that's in the next Labour election manifesto to be fair, 10 years without parole (ironically much longer than you'd ever get for actually doing it :nufc: ), right along with not voting for them putting you in a higher tax band (they learned that clever one from Islam :scratchchin: ).

I however have lived in Liverpool and whilst the city has many positives its scallies are NOT one of them, the only thing they understand or respect is physical threat, and in fairness it's not done so bad a job for over the 100,000's of years of human evolution.

I have, but I really don`t think beating anyone is a solution to a problem. I think human evolution would be better served by educating people not to batter each other, rather than continuing to do so. Don´t you?............surely it is one of next steps in our evolution, meaning what went on prior to it was not ideal.

Well it was clearly one of the posh parts then.

"I'm going to call the police, and enrol you in a self betterment course" isn't so very effective when one of them is trying to mug you.

And the problem with evolution is that it is NOT a ladder with steps to "betterment", it is simply becoming most suited for the environment a lifeform inhabits. In the case of chavs this explains a LOT, as they are perfectly suited to their environment, and is probably the main reason no one will ever be able to educate them into extinction.

I can't be the only (non-scally :scratchchin: ) on here who did things and were at places my/their parents didn't know about at various times when I was 16.

And I bet your first reaction if you were caught wasn't to scream "I know my rights, I'm going to sue!" either. :D

Yup, but unfortunately that's about as PC today as colonialism.

And is largely the problem with most youth issues in the UK; they know you're more afraid of them (or what they law will do to you, almost without doubt) than they are of you (in fact they aren't afraid at all until they are bleeding). :nufc:

"I'm going to call the police, and enrol you in a self betterment course" isn't so very effective when one of them is trying to mug you.

And the problem with evolution is that it is NOT a ladder with steps to "betterment", it is simply becoming most suited for the environment a lifeform inhabits. In the case of chavs this explains a LOT, as they are perfectly suited to their environment, and is probably the main reason no one will ever be able to educate them into extinction.

The key is raising their level of environment, their expectations and their education. Battering them and telling them they deserve it is not 'evolution'. It is backward.

The key is raising their level of environment, their expectations and their education. Battering them and telling them they deserve it is not 'evolution'. It is backward.

And giving a chimpanzee an encyclopaedia is neither evolution nor education it's just pointless lunacy.

To be fair I think any 16 year old who's loitering around at that time of night without good reason deserves a good hiding :rolleyes: Their parents are likely scumbags as well... especially if they're scousers.

And giving a chimpanzee an encyclopaedia is neither evolution nor education it's just pointless lunacy.

I agree. I wouldn`t give you a book either. :D

I agree. I wouldn`t give you a book either. :D

I suspect I wouldn't actually need to be given any that you might have read. :scratchchin:

As the fact my arguments >>>>>>>>>>>> over yours in this thread clearly demonstrates. :nufc:

From the Press Association, Friday:

Premiership footballer Joey Barton, from Widnes, is to appear in court charged with criminal damage. The 25-year-old Newcastle United midfielder will face trial before Liverpool magistrates after being accused of vandalising a taxi following a night out in the city in March last year.

Barton, from Foxbank Close, denies the charge and the trial is expected to last half a day.

The player was jailed for six months last week after pleading guilty to assault and affray at Liverpool Crown Court.

From the Press Association, Friday:

Premiership footballer Joey Barton, from Widnes, is to appear in court charged with criminal damage. The 25-year-old Newcastle United midfielder will face trial before Liverpool magistrates after being accused of vandalising a taxi following a night out in the city in March last year.

Barton, from Foxbank Close, denies the charge and the trial is expected to last half a day.

The player was jailed for six months last week after pleading guilty to assault and affray at Liverpool Crown Court.

March 'last' year? Christ it's taken them long enough hasn't it? Those Liverpool magistrates must be a busy lot :nufc:

Newcastle midfielder Joey Barton was cleared today of criminal damage.

The former Manchester City player, 25, was found not guilty at Liverpool Magistrates’ Court of vandalising a taxi after a night out in March last year.

The player, who was last week jailed for six months for admitting assault and affray, left court to return to prison after a half-day trial.

To be fair I think any 16 year old who's loitering around at that time of night without good reason deserves a good hiding :rolleyes: Their parents are likely scumbags as well... especially if they're scousers.

I think that's in the next Labour election manifesto to be fair, 10 years without parole (ironically much longer than you'd ever get for actually doing it :scratchchin: ), right along with not voting for them putting you in a higher tax band (they learned that clever one from Islam :D ).

The key surely is grabbing them and taking them to a quiet place and cutting the tips off their fingers with pliers as you enjoy a cocktail or two..No? [barton/] :nufc:

Edited by Park Life

I think that's in the next Labour election manifesto to be fair, 10 years without parole (ironically much longer than you'd ever get for actually doing it :scratchchin: ), right along with not voting for them putting you in a higher tax band (they learned that clever one from Islam :rolleyes: ).

The key surely is grabbing them and taking them to a quiet place and cutting the tips off their fingers with pliers as you enjoy a cocktail or two..No? [barton/] :nufc:

The key is getting someone else to do that whilst you watch and direct on your 20 foot wide HD screen in your volcano lair.

The other option is reform the benefits system, and actually sort out the police and criminal "justice" system, but that is probably just getting silly. :D