What's the daftest thing you've done ?

Jimbo

Guest alex
I also always turn the ignition key with the clutch down even if its in neutral.

Yup that too, I've seen it visibly demonstrated why it's a good idea when someone very nearly kangarooed a car that had been left in reverse down a small cliff. :D

Conversely, you could say leaving it in gear is a bad idea :nah:

I also always turn the ignition key with the clutch down even if its in neutral.

Yup that too, I've seen it visibly demonstrated why it's a good idea when someone very nearly kangarooed a car that had been left in reverse down a small cliff. :icon_lol:

Conversely, you could say leaving it in gear is a bad idea :D

Not if you always put the clutch down before you turn the ignition, which is just good practice IMO (especially if it's not you that has driven the car or are just forgetful :icon_lol: ). Although it's a good idea to knock it into neutral first anyway.

The other thing with leaving it in gear is that it helps stop issues not just with forgetting the handbrake, but full or partial handbrake failure too. :nah:

Fell off a car whilst drunk. Was trying to take a shortcut.

Landed face-first onto the concrete, and ended up with my right foot wedge in to the bumper. Had to take me shoe off to get my foot free.

Thankfully I just buggered my face up without doing any real harm. :D

was that a 2ft shortcut so you didnt have to walk round the bonnet? :nah:

Guest BigThompers
I was once gettin a blow job whilst driving, ended up smashing my car into a kerb and popping two tyres.

Aye, righto :nah:

I'm serious unfortunately. Poor lass felt I was being harsh when I got angry as fuck and blamed her too.

I had to roll it to a nearby pub car park, leave it there overnight and get my Dad to come down the next day so I could use his spare wheel as well as my own.

All four tyres were illegal anyway which sort of cushioned the £200 bill.

Maybe one day I will share some of the fuckin' stupid things I've done over the years.

Regarding some of the previous posts:

I know a lad who fell of a moving car (the usual having a laugh business), hit his head and was killed.

When we go to 'merica in Sept, I have told mrs Hips that I want a blow job whilst driving. As far as I'm concerned, that is a must do whilst driving in the U.S. Wor lass doesn't sound too convinced, but I will get my way. I'll report back after the hols!

We (mrs hips and I) always leave the car in gear when we switch the engine off. This followed a mishap mrs hips had in a service station car park somewhere down the A1. She had put the handbrake on, but, apparantly, Golfs have a tendency for the handbrake to become ineffective once the disc/break pads cool down (that's what she was told by the AA guy at the time) and the car rolled into another parked vehicle. Ooops.

Talking of mrs hips, maybe one day I'll tell you about the fuckin' millions upon millions of stupid things she has done over the years!! I still love her, though!

I was once gettin a blow job whilst driving, ended up smashing my car into a kerb and popping two tyres.

Aye, righto :nah:

I'm serious unfortunately. Poor lass felt I was being harsh when I got angry as fuck and blamed her too.

I had to roll it to a nearby pub car park, leave it there overnight and get my Dad to come down the next day so I could use his spare wheel as well as my own.

All four tyres were illegal anyway which sort of cushioned the £200 bill.

Are you sure it's not because she turned the Kid Rock-blaring stereo off whilst she was at it?

I've ran through a glass door when I was 2, cracked my head against the corner of a wall playing armies in my back garden when I was 7, I've driven my mam's car four miles with the hand brake on, bitching all the way about how slow and shit it was.

I've driven half an hour North on the A1 from Leeds when I was supposed to be going to London. (In my defence I was tired and driving pretty much on auto pilot.)

I took a road bike out for the first time and forgot to re-attach the brakelines and so when I had to stop for the first time, it didn't. I tried to stop with my feet, but my right foot buckled under and broke my second toe of course I tumbled off the bike, ripping my elbows and knees apart.

I've cartwheeled up the road in the middle of the night pissed a s a fart and stacked it into the only puddle around, covered in mud, ripped the skin off my knee and tearing the first pair of "Designer" jeans I'd owned beyond repair. Parents were not amused

Me and wor kid used to hoy darts at each other. I distinctly remember one hanging out of my belly.

We used to play that game as well. Getting one stuck in the achilles was one of my most painful experiences.

My brother shot me in the leg with a dart from his gat. He said he thought I was an intruder.

Lying bastard.

Me and wor kid used to hoy darts at each other. I distinctly remember one hanging out of my belly.

We used to play that game as well. Getting one stuck in the achilles was one of my most painful experiences.

My brother shot me in the leg with a dart from his gat. He said he thought I was an intruder.

Lying bastard.

What a legend is Stu. :nah:

Lying bastard.

:icon_lol:

Another lesson I learned was not to turn a plug off that you can't see. Some clever sod had taken off the pack plate and plugged in a lamp with the live wires exposed. :D I slid my arm around the door from the other side of the wall to find the switch but ended up with 240v coarsing through me.

I don't know who did it, but it was either Stu or one of my parents.

I was in the back seat of my mates Fiesta in the car wash when he decided to get out and unscrew the aerial (mid wash). The car wash started coming back, cue him panicking and pushing back the machine whilst it began to crumple his doors.. "lads come and help me push back this (5 tonne) machine." Needless to say he's a mackem...

Lying bastard.

:icon_lol:

Another lesson I learned was not to turn a plug off that you can't see. Some clever sod had taken off the pack plate and plugged in a lamp with the live wires exposed. :D I slid my arm around the door from the other side of the wall to find the switch but ended up with 240v coarsing through me.

I don't know who did it, but it was either Stu or one of my parents.

I wouldn't tell them if you have life insurance, they clearly don't need the extra motivation. :icon_lol: