Rank these toon managers

Guest Stevie

Guest CabayeAye
5. Pardew - 6/10 - Puppet of Ashley. Debatable how much he has to do with purchases. Baffling team selections at times. But doing well.

Lots of people said the same about Hughton till he started doing well...

When he stopped being a puppet he got the chop. Pardew will meet the same fate if he defies his masters.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of interest:

1. Keegan - 8/10 - Fitted the club like a glove. Bit too much emotion though.

2. Robson - 8/10 - Brilliant manager but failed to control the knobhead players.

3. Hughton - 7/10 - Brought some respectability back to the club. Dead man walking.

4. Dalgleish - 6/10 - Could have been good. Wasn't given enough time.

5. Pardew - 6/10 - Puppet of Ashley. Debatable how much he has to do with purchases. Baffling team selections at times. But doing well.

6. Roeder - 6/10 - Calm and did well for a bit. The definition of average.

7. Shearer - 5/10 - Great player, didn't manage to make his team of pricks play well.

8. Souness - 5/10 - All talk and no troosers.

9. Alardyce - 4/10 - Tried to make good footballers play hoofball. Didn't work.

10. Gullit - 1/10 - Diabolical. Total prick and a shite manager to boot.

11. Kinnear - 1/10 - Cockney moron who has no place managing a corner shop, let alone a football club.

An overstated myth. To be honest as well finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th I wouldn't care if they were sniffing toot off Mo Mowlam's tit.

He did have some grade A tits at the club to be fair. Dyer, Jenas, Bellamy, Robert, Bramble, N-Zogbia, Kluivert, Maric, Lua Lua. The dressing room would have been a nightmare, man!

We came in the Champions League positions two seasons running after the club was staring oblivion in the face. He can't have lost the dressing room for that to have happened fact. FFS panicked and got rid, we only came fifth in 03/04 because of chronic injuries, we only lost 8 games, you don't only lose 8 games because the manager has lost the dressing room and can't control players, there were too many experienced pro's like Speed, Shearer and Given for that to happen anyway, total myth used as justification by FFS via Anal as part of the reason for getting rid.

• 3 months later...

Good stuff HF

A "top flight only" one would be interesting. Would guess SBR in particular would rise somehwat

Premier league points won only, no cups....

61.54% - Kevin Keegan
(143/78/30/35)

53.19% - Sir Bobby Robson
(188/83/51/54)

50.00% - Alan Pardew
(46/18/15/13)

47.44% - Glenn Roeder
(52/21/11/20)

45.24% - Kenny Dalglish
(56/19/19/18)

41.27% - Sam Allardyce
(21/7/5/9)

39.58% - Chris Hughton
(16/5/4/7)

39.39% - Graeme Souness
(55/16/17/23)

36.84% - Kevin Keegan 2
(19/5/6/8)

36.59% - Ruud Gullit
(41/11/12/18)

34.72% - Joe Kinnear
(24/5/10/9)

20.83% - Alan Shearer
(8/1/2/5)

We came in the Champions League positions two seasons running after the club was staring oblivion in the face. He can't have lost the dressing room for that to have happened fact. FFS panicked and got rid, we only came fifth in 03/04 because of chronic injuries, we only lost 8 games, you don't only lose 8 games because the manager has lost the dressing room and can't control players, there were too many experienced pro's like Speed, Shearer and Given for that to happen anyway, total myth used as justification by FFS via Anal as part of the reason for getting rid.

i said at the time that the whole "robson had to go" line was bollocks. he was our best manager we'd had since keegan and had restored some pride to the club. then people start calling for his head. i couldn't believe it. i didn't give a shit that some of the players were turds as long as we were finishing in the top 5. the booing for finishing 5th was a disgrace tbh. but not as disgusting as shepherd's decision to sack him two games into a new season and replace him with souness.

robson became a victim of his own success - partially his own fault for raising expectations. we never really recovered from that sacking though.

Just out of interest:

1. Keegan - 8/10 - Fitted the club like a glove. Bit too much emotion though.

2. Robson - 8/10 - Brilliant manager but failed to control the knobhead players.

3. Hughton - 7/10 - Brought some respectability back to the club. Dead man walking.

4. Dalgleish - 6/10 - Could have been good. Wasn't given enough time.

6. Roeder - 6/10 - Calm and did well for a bit. The definition of average.

7. Shearer - 5/10 - Great player, didn't manage to make his team of pricks play well.

8. Souness - 5/10 - All talk and no troosers.

9. Alardyce - 4/10 - Tried to make good footballers play hoofball. Didn't work.

10. Gullit - 1/10 - Diabolical. Total prick and a shite manager to boot.

11. Kinnear - 1/10 - Cockney moron who has no place managing a corner shop, let alone a football club.

An overstated myth. To be honest as well finishing 4th, 3rd and 5th I wouldn't care if they were sniffing toot off Mo Mowlam's tit.

agree with that comment. Going back further, Joe Harvey, Gordon Lee and Arthur Cox are def 3rd, 4th and 5th [in no particular order] and Pardew is doing a similar job to Gordon Lee just now.

Honestly don't remember any booing for 5th place.

People just didn't hang around to show appreciation for it at the last home game. Which in itself was a disgrace.

there was a lot mate, if you can look back at here or NO, there was a lot of comments about it.

That's because it never happened. Wasn't Shepherd greeted with pantomime boos at Shearer's testimonial? Which Leazes subsequently interpreted as his being booed for coming 5th, which has now seemingly become fact.

People just didn't hang around to show appreciation for it at the last home game. Which in itself was a disgrace.

there was a lot mate, if you can look back at here or NO, there was a lot of comments about it.

Burden of proof is with you. Post the links up and I'll take a look.

Burden of proof is with you. Post the links up and I'll take a look.

done :razz:

you shouldn't have fucked off before the end .....

actually, if memory serves it might have been a lap of honour that was played out to a virtually empty stadium rather than booing the players. or was it the announcement of a lap of honour that was booed before everyone fucked off home? i cant imagine those few that stayed hanging around just to boo the players.

actually, if memory serves it might have been a lap of honour that was played out to a virtually empty stadium rather than booing the players. or was it the announcement of a lap of honour that was booed before everyone fucked off home? i cant imagine those few that stayed hanging around just to boo the players.

wrong.

Whether it happened or not too much is made of it anyway basically imo. What I mean by that is fans can be twats-it just comes with the territory-but it's irrelevant. It's for the club management to show judgment and leadership and one a prime way of doing this is to ignore fans when they're having an 'emotional' reaction, and employ cool headed, longer term thinking. Man U fans wanted rid of SAF after they blew the title to Leeds and at least once prior to them winning the Cup Winner Cup. They're fortunate because the management of the club decided they knew better than the fans-and they did.

Leazes might well have heard a few boos, who knows? It's a big enough stadium. The problem is he tries to use it as some sort of justification for Shepherd's dismissal of Robson, when it isnt. It was just poor judgment and leadership.

Hindsight but fact.

That's because it never happened. Wasn't Shepherd greeted with pantomime boos at Shearer's testimonial? Which Leazes subsequently interpreted as his being booed for coming 5th, which has now seemingly become fact.

http://fansonline.ne...icle.php?id=558

I was at that game and it's fucking bollocks. The stadium wasn't a quarter full at full-time but there were inevitably a few boos due to the shite performance. The revisionists have subsequently made out that that got Robson the sack when it was in fact the pathetic actions of the last board that did exactly that.

Whether it happened or not too much is made of it anyway basically imo. What I mean by that is fans can be twats-it just comes with the territory-but it's irrelevant. It's for the club management to show judgment and leadership and one a prime way of doing this is to ignore fans when they're having an 'emotional' reaction, and employ cool headed, longer term thinking. Man U fans wanted rid of SAF after they blew the title to Leeds and at least once prior to them winning the Cup Winner Cup. They're fortunate because the management of the club decided they knew better than the fans-and they did.

Leazes might well have heard a few boos, who knows? It's a big enough stadium. The problem is he tries to use it as some sort of justification for Shepherd's dismissal of Robson, when it isnt. It was just poor judgment and leadership.

Hindsight but fact.

read the link you cretin. For a change, get your head out of your arse.

I was at that game and it's fucking bollocks. The stadium wasn't a quarter full at full-time but there were inevitably a few boos due to the shite performance. The revisionists have subsequently made out that that got Robson the sack when it was in fact the pathetic actions of the last board that did exactly that.

it isn't my article Alex. I remember getting home and seeing a lot of comments about it on NO and maybe here too, it was quite loud, I was pretty disgusted tbh. I always stay behind after the end at the last game.

done :razz:

you shouldn't have fucked off before the end .....

That link is from 2011 mate. Printing the legend rather than the facts. Find a report of booing from the time.

I stayed and applauded. No-one stayed to boo. They just fucked off if they weren't happy. There were 2 away games left after the Wolves one and we had a game in hand. We could still have made Champions league, though it was a long shot.

The only sensible conclusion to be drawn, unless you don't want to learn from mistakes made. Which just seems an absurd viewpoint.

Shepherd was ploughing the same furrow when he appointed Roeder (the 'fans choice') etc. Plot was beyond lost by then mind you.

The only sensible conclusion to be drawn, unless you don't want to learn from mistakes made. Which just seems an absurd viewpoint.

Shepherd was ploughing the same furrow when he appointed Roeder (the 'fans choice') etc. Plot was beyond lost by then mind you.

Classic get out of jail card tbh. Again pathetic.

I know, 5th best, etc.

I remember getting home and seeing a lot of comments about it on NO and maybe here too,

Comments from a game in 2004 on here?

Didn't this place start in '06 or summat?

The witness is clearly unreliable your honour.