Food

Guest Stevie

I used to be quite picky, but I've been put in situations where if I didn't eat what was put in front of me meant I didn't eat... fuck that!

I've had shark and kangaroo, reindeer and frogs legs, fucking everything.

still prefer the more middle of the road food though, Italian, English that kind of thing.

Apparently what they do in Iceland right, they kill the shark, chop it up, bury it in the ground for six months and eat the cunt. The shark meat is poisonous if eaten straight away, what's it taste like?

not much meat there tbh

and REALLY fucking salty :icon_lol:

I've had Ostrich, Crocodile and Kangaroo, all very nice indeed.

Change the ostrich to emu and you've eaten our coat of arms!

I've had everything from camel (tastes like a cigar) to raw eel (sashimi) to chicken's feet (yum cha).

stevie I doubt you'll find a Korean restaurant that serves dog, chinese maybe but not korean.

The koreans have a bbq called a Bulgogi which is awesome, they give you finely cut meat (wagyu beef, pork neck, seafood) that you bbq at the table and dip in sauce and eat with kimchi (pickled cabbage).

We went to a new Brasilian Churrasco restaurant a couple of weeks ago, fuck me it was good - even the chicken heart!

Mind you with waitresses that look that good you'd eat anything they tell you to.

Fucking hate brussel sprouts though, wouldn't matter how good the restaurant was they'd be going back.

What's your favourite obscure foreign food?

I had never had foreign food till last month. I won consultant of the month for May, and my manager and his boss took me out to lunch in London, their choice of where we went. "We're going to a French Restaurant" I was like fuck, I wish they were taking me for a chinkies. Honestly though, my whole life I've never had anything remotely as tasty. The starter wasn't even bad, I'd always thought fuck eating snails, but they were nice, well nice, covered in garlic. The main meal though fucking hell, it was a steak called a Paleron, they cooked it so it was a bit bloody ye naa, I thought fuck it it looks horrible but I'm hungry, honestly it was the best steak I've had by a million miles. It's common sense but I'd never thought about it in depth, but depending on where the steak is cut can have a dramatic effect on the flavour and this Paleron was cut from the shoulder. I couldn't get over how nice the food was. The whole thing was class, apart from the shirtlifting french waiter giving me the eye. I was stunned by how nice the food was though, I was expecting it to be mingin, and it emphasised to me how backward I am when it comes to food, there are so many foods I've never tried, Thai, Korean ( a wouldnt eat dog mind), Iranian, Russian, Japanese, I've never even had a Mexican. So while I love me Italian and Chinkies I'm more open minded these days, anyone got any suggestions? I would strongly recommend going to a French restaurant though, only thing was the bill for 3 of us was 270 quid, but that's posh London prices, and that included loads of wine and brandy.

I love this bit, it just goes to show how we in Britain see food and the likes, the fact you dont see them as foreign yet even refer to them by the country they come from :icon_lol:

If you liked the Paleron then the nearest cut you're looking for here is Chuck but Id always thought Chuck was meant to be tough and full of fat, not really ideal for a steak. Was it like that or lean?

Oh and Japanese is fantastic (including Sushi)

I used to be quite picky, but I've been put in situations where if I didn't eat what was put in front of me meant I didn't eat... fuck that!

still prefer the more middle of the road food though, Italian, English that kind of thing.

Apparently what they do in Iceland right, they kill the shark, chop it up, bury it in the ground for six months and eat the cunt. The shark meat is poisonous if eaten straight away, what's it taste like?

Shark is nice, was quite a bit like Marlin from memory.

I had some Bison and Gator recently. Both were very nice.

Shark is nice, was quite a bit like Marlin from memory.

I had some Bison and Gator recently. Both were very nice.

They use it in 'stralia as the fish you buy in a chippy but it's referred to as flake.

Scandinavian food is surprisingly canny, if we're talking about the kind of thing you'd never normally think of eating. You have to like fish and seafood though, obviously.

Aye, I think that sort of diet makes people look better. They might be boring cunts but they're a good looking race. The Swedish national dish is reindeer baals though isn't it?

Close. Meatballs :lol:

After 2 trips to Thailand, I'm hooked on their curries. Absolutely lovely stuff. I've started making green and red one's at home myself, and have gotten it close enough.

I really like some Indian foods too.

I've not tried sushi, as I've only recently started enjoying seafood(cooked), I'm sure I'll give it a crack eventually though.

Neneh Cherry misled us all.

You can say that again. I got involved with this manchild once and all I got for my troubles was arrested. :lol:

In a buffalo stance?

Guest Stevie
What's your favourite obscure foreign food?

I had never had foreign food till last month. I won consultant of the month for May, and my manager and his boss took me out to lunch in London, their choice of where we went. "We're going to a French Restaurant" I was like fuck, I wish they were taking me for a chinkies. Honestly though, my whole life I've never had anything remotely as tasty. The starter wasn't even bad, I'd always thought fuck eating snails, but they were nice, well nice, covered in garlic. The main meal though fucking hell, it was a steak called a Paleron, they cooked it so it was a bit bloody ye naa, I thought fuck it it looks horrible but I'm hungry, honestly it was the best steak I've had by a million miles. It's common sense but I'd never thought about it in depth, but depending on where the steak is cut can have a dramatic effect on the flavour and this Paleron was cut from the shoulder. I couldn't get over how nice the food was. The whole thing was class, apart from the shirtlifting french waiter giving me the eye. I was stunned by how nice the food was though, I was expecting it to be mingin, and it emphasised to me how backward I am when it comes to food, there are so many foods I've never tried, Thai, Korean ( a wouldnt eat dog mind), Iranian, Russian, Japanese, I've never even had a Mexican. So while I love me Italian and Chinkies I'm more open minded these days, anyone got any suggestions? I would strongly recommend going to a French restaurant though, only thing was the bill for 3 of us was 270 quid, but that's posh London prices, and that included loads of wine and brandy.

I love this bit, it just goes to show how we in Britain see food and the likes, the fact you dont see them as foreign yet even refer to them by the country they come from :lol:

If you liked the Paleron then the nearest cut you're looking for here is Chuck but Id always thought Chuck was meant to be tough and full of fat, not really ideal for a steak. Was it like that or lean?

Oh and Japanese is fantastic (including Sushi)

Paleron didn't seem fatty to be honest, just had a gorgeous flavouring, more intense than your standard steak. I had it really rare first time I've had meat rare, I generally just fucking cremate meat because I've never liked the thought of a bloody steak, but it was lush.