Fat Ronnie's back to Brazil

The Fish

Ronaldo looks Flamengo bound

Star striker set to play once again in native Brazil

Last updated: 13th July 2008

Ronaldo Milan Brazil

AC Milan look to have lost star striker Ronaldo to Brazilian side Flamengo.

The president of the Brazilian side Marcio Braga has announced an agreement with the agent of the player, who is now out of contract with the Italian giants.

Ronaldo has been out of action since suffering a knee tendon injury while jumping for a cross in Milan's 1-1 draw with Livorno on 13th February.

His subsequent battle for fitness prompted Milan to opt to wait before committing to another season.

But this policy seems to have back-fired with the Brazilian now set to sign for Flamengo.

Deal

Braga told Globoesporte newspaper: "We have a deal with the player's agent.

"As soon as he has recovered from the injury, we will sit around a table and complete the paperwork."

He added: "Flamengo's medical staff are personally following his physical progress.

"Ronaldo will be this club's top priority."

The 31-year-old striker has played for a host of top European sides - PSV Eindhoven, Barcelona, Inter, Real Madrid and Milan - since leaving Brazilian outfit Cruzeiro in 1994.

While his career has been blighted by a series of injuries, he has still won the coveted FIFA World Player of the Year title a joint record three times.

Ronaldo_981899.jpg:icon_lol:

I think he's done enough on the pitch to warrant a few pies.

I hope he pulls it together and performs some more magic before retiring!

Absolute class act, would love to see him get his act together one last time. Lit up my World Cup 98, if he didnt have so many problems he would still be at the top of the game worldwide.

Rather think that vindicates the title :icon_lol:

No I mean it's great hearing a view on the lad, when obviously no one comments about his depression or anything to go with. :D

No I mean it's great hearing a view on the lad, when obviously no one comments about his depression or anything to go with. :D

he's fatty fatty boom boom, one chunky mother muther fucker, he's got weight issues, he's michelin man with a tan, puts his belt on with a boomerang, etc. etc.

sure he's got reasons, doesn't make it less amusing though.

he's fatty fatty boom boom, one chunky mother muther fucker, he's got weight issues, he's michelin man with a tan, puts his belt on with a boomerang, etc. etc.

Those in fat houses shouldn't throw big macs.

His goal against Compostela - one of the great goals "imo".

<< Tom sort it oot

Makes the hairs on yer neck stand up. Hope he recovers and gives another couple of years.

I hope he does too (same with Ronaldinho), I think part of the problem is that their lifestyles you can get away with when they're 21 and playing regularly, but late 20's to early 30's with injury and they end up doing a reverse Fern.

No I mean it's great hearing a view on the lad, when obviously no one comments about his depression or anything to go with. :)

Those in fat houses shouldn't throw big macs.

:D

he's without a doubt one of the best footballers I've ever seen, I just like winding 2J up.