Testing the water.

Park Life

How long will Keegan stay?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The facts

He has quit 75% of jobs he has had with no onward role

Nope. as I said he was asked to leave Man City.

"We discussed the rest of this season and felt it was in the best interests of the club that Kevin move on."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4338665.stm

He is perceived by fans of other clubs as a bottler

If by "fans" you're referring to an ill-informed minority I suppose that could be called a fact.

He is second favourite to be first out of the door.

The only fact in your list. But then Jol had odds as long as Ramos this time last year.

Edited by Happy Face

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts

He has quit 75% of jobs he has had with no onward role

Nope. as I said he was asked to leave Man City.

"Kevin stated he was finishing at the end of next season - that was a talking point in the media that would not go away," said club chairman John Wardle.

"We discussed the rest of this season and felt it was in the best interests of the club that Kevin move on."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/4338665.stm

He is perceived by fans of other clubs as a bottler

If by "fans" you're referring to an ill-informed minority I suppose that could be called a fact.

He is second favourite to be first out of the door.

The only fact in your list. But then Jol had odds as long as Ramos this time last year.

Ramos' odds are almost as long and distinguished as my Johnson, which is a fact btw.

Why do you think Keegan is second favourite in the sack race?

Do you really think people think Ashley will sack him off so soon?

What's being favourite got to do with it. According to skysports you're 5th favourite for the title :headphonedance:

;):):blush:

Full three years. Keegan has a (malicious, not at all grounded in fact, perpetuated by a biased and hateful london media) stereotype to shake off and that's why he intends to see out his contract this time.

Who cares what odds some bookies put on him? He knows he won't be sacked, NUFC fans don't want him to go, Ashley brought him in and won't alienate the fans by sacking him...so the only ones who don't know the score are the same ones who have applied the "bottler" label to him in the first place. And their opinion doesn't matter. I wish them well in wasting their money betting on Keegan to go.

p.s. Can someone PM me with contact information for whoever I have to bribe to get Wummy B banned? :headphonedance:

Full three years. Keegan has a (malicious, not at all grounded in fact, perpetuated by a biased and hateful london media) stereotype to shake off and that's why he intends to see out his contract this time.

Who cares what odds some bookies put on him? He knows he won't be sacked, NUFC fans don't want him to go, Ashley brought him in and won't alienate the fans by sacking him...so the only ones who don't know the score are the same ones who have applied the "bottler" label to him in the first place. And their opinion doesn't matter. I wish them well in wasting their money betting on Keegan to go.

p.s. Can someone PM me with contact information for whoever I have to bribe to get Wummy B banned? :headphonedance:

I can change my sig if it hurts your feelings.

p.s. Can someone PM me with contact information for whoever I have to bribe to get Wummy B banned? :)

I can change my sig if it hurts your feelings.

To be honest If that's a direct quote from you his is just as bad ;)

Edit : They are probably both on par with mine :headphonedance:

Most fans' perceptions are based on what they've read in shitty tabloids. You can mark that down as a fact if you like.

It all depends. If expectation is low and the team does well early on, the 'messiah' euphoria will spread and he'll stay. Were I a betting man I'd say he'll have scampered by the end of the season. I wish him well.

Why do you think Keegan is second favourite in the sack race?

Do you really think people think Ashley will sack him off so soon?

Because a lot of people think he will be sacked- clearly- that is how bookies make their prices.

Clue: You still win the bet if the manager quits.

That's not my point.

Bookies change their prices to reflect past and anticipated betting patterns. They expect (given our harsh start to the season) Keegan to come under pressure from the press and general mongoloid population (as he was when we went on that crisis run of losing to a number of teams who were a country mile ahead of us). There will probably be a run of bets on him to depart. That's all priced in.

Let's say I went into a bookies and put £100,000 on Wenger to go, just for the hell of it. Then I went down the road and put another £100,000 on. Word would get around, odds would shorten so that the bookies net margins remain intact- they don't operate on gut instincts but on cold, hard numbers (that's why they make money and punters lose it).

It doesn't make Wenger any more or less likely to be sacked, or quit, or be run over by a truck.

All these people who follow the club on a daily basis don't think it's as likely as those odds suggest. Your obvious reaction is that we're all a misty-eyed deluded bunch, rather than perhaps the more astute observation that in fact, general consensus might not be that accurate.

If you look at the reasons behind each departure, we can say that he won't be offered the next England job, he won't be spat at or derided like he was by horrible filth that follows England round every game, and he won't be overpowered by the board.

You might think that last comment is a bit strange, given all the 'boardroom turmoil' that has been reported in reliable, London-centric papers like the Mail. But then you would. That's what you're going off.

Not only that, he really has nothing to lose. What a sport- what a country- that a man who so honestly and passionately served the game for decades is treated as a figure of fun. Not here- that's why he'll be staying.

It all depends. If expectation is low and the team does well early on, the 'messiah' euphoria will spread and he'll stay. Were I a betting man I'd say he'll have scampered by the end of the season. I wish him well.

Have you seen our opening fixtures? I think he'll be riding a media storm early on. That's not to say he'll go though. He rode a media storm for his first 9 or so games.

Have you seen our opening fixtures? I think he'll be riding a media storm early on. That's not to say he'll go though. He rode a media storm for his first 9 or so games.

I don't think media storms are an issue to worry about with Keegan at all (folklore aside), it's when he thinks he can't do better (because of lack of backing or whatever) that the problems occur.

I don't think media storms are an issue to worry about with Keegan at all (folklore aside), it's when he thinks he can't do better (because of lack of backing or whatever) that the problems occur.

Whatever decision KK makes it will be in good faith.

• 1 month later...
Maybe he is trying to shake the bottle job tag.

and yet you cling to you "crap wum" moniker as if it were the only facet to your personality? :lol:

Trust me that is opinion held by most, if not all, non NUFC. Just because you don't like it doesnt make it a wind up.

No, its what your ill-informed media-lapping know-nowt mates think. Big difference. The media deals in simple stories as half its readership are below average intelligence and you dont want to alienate half the readership with complicated things like reality.

You're a case in point.

He walked out on you first time round,

He walked out on Fulham,

He walked out on England during qualifying,

He retired at City......or did he.

Those are the facts I dont need the media to tell me that when the going gets tough....KK gets gone.

Seemed appropriate to bring this up now.

Maybe he is trying to shake the bottle job tag.

and yet you cling to you "crap wum" moniker as if it were the only facet to your personality? :lol:

Trust me that is opinion held by most, if not all, non NUFC. Just because you don't like it doesnt make it a wind up.

No, its what your ill-informed media-lapping know-nowt mates think. Big difference. The media deals in simple stories as half its readership are below average intelligence and you dont want to alienate half the readership with complicated things like reality.

You're a case in point.

He walked out on you first time round,

He walked out on Fulham,

He walked out on England during qualifying,

He retired at City......or did he.

Those are the facts I dont need the media to tell me that when the going gets tough....KK gets gone.

Seemed appropriate to bring this up now.

You're so insightful. Do one, please.