Folks who know Newcastle...

Lou

Hi guys.

Any idea where the Cornerhouse Hotel is?? I *think* it's down here the river.. umm.. ish? Is that right? Is it easy to find?

I mean, I know the street it's on.... Stephenson Road.... but that means NOTHING to me, and I don't have a map... and I tried looking online for something that'd be helpful, but everything I found just confused me more. Because, yes, I am that useless. ;)

I need to go there on Friday.. my mate's got a gig on there. But that means I have to be able to find it!!!

It is indeed a comedy gig. ;)

A friend I met in Melbourne (who's English, he was just over for the comedy festival) is on there. He's got loads of gigs in Newcastle at the moment, which is good.

Never actually seen him on stage before! But he's bloody funny to just chat to, so it looks good....

It is indeed a comedy gig. ;)

A friend I met in Melbourne (who's English, he was just over for the comedy festival) is on there.  He's got loads of gigs in Newcastle at the moment, which is good.

Never actually seen him on stage before!  But he's bloody funny to just chat to, so it looks good....

43029[/snapback]

you know what? you may just see me there...was deciding what to do on Friday and comedy sounds like a plan.

Don't mean to piss on your cornflakes Lou but the Corner House on the Coast Road was subject to an arson attack a few months back - Wacky Jnr a member of this forum is still helping police with their enquiries!

So if this is the right place and your heading there soon you'll be disappointed. ;)

Don't mean to piss on your cornflakes Lou but the Corner House on the Coast Road was subject to an arson attack a few months back - Wacky Jnr a member of this forum is still helping police with their enquiries!

So if this is the right place and your heading there soon you'll be disappointed.  :blush:

43048[/snapback]

Cornflakes are well and truly dry mate.. ;)

It was only the front main room that was damanged in the attack, the back room is still open for gigs etc (as my original post stated...)

oops edit: did originally state that in me post but then changed it before posting for some reason. :blush: cornflake check...hmm still dry though.

tbh

;)

Mr Pud - would be really cool to see you there. Hope you make it down ;) I have a feeling that Silky is gonna be bloody funny....

Ahh... I wondered why it said that the room was still open for gigs and stuff on the site... now I know. As long as it doesn't burn down again when I'm in there, I'll be alright.

So if this is the right place and your heading there soon you'll be disappointed.  ;)

43048[/snapback]

I've told you before, that had fuck all to do with me. Arson is not my forte ;)

lou,

Corner House is on the corner of the Coast Road and Stephenson road get the 365 or 366 from haymarket and ask for Corner House or the 38 from opposite the Odeon. Its five minutes on a bus from town.

43023[/snapback]

The 305, 306, 307 and 308 from the Haymarket all go along there as well so there's plenty of buses from the town.

You could also get the 1 (and I think the 2 and the 3 as well) which will drop you off on Heaton Road, although it's about a 5-10 minute walk along to the Corner House, where as all the others drop you off pretty much right outside. But it's another option I suppose.

Thanks Tom.

I think I'll stick with the ones that drop me off right in front of it..... don't fancy getting lost the first time I go!!

DAMN it's been a long time since I was at comedy...... a whole month!!!! Two days used to seem like a lifetime before....!

Good job I don't have an obsessive personality, isn't it? ;)

You'd have more of a laugh in the bar at the Chillingham Arms, some of the locals are well and truly council!

Or the Stags in Byker, but their regulars are mostly just scumbags rather than the type of folk who are amusing to simply observe.

43144[/snapback]

Isn't that a gay pub? ;)

You'd have more of a laugh in the bar at the Chillingham Arms, some of the locals are well and truly council!

Or the Stags in Byker, but their regulars are mostly just scumbags rather than the type of folk who are amusing to simply observe.

43144[/snapback]

Isn't that a gay pub? ;)

43171[/snapback]

I do believe it is, i think Wacky Jnr drinks brown ale there! ;)

I'll drink anywhere as long as they stock vodka and snakebite. As for the Stags Head being a gay bar I suggest you have a trip in Manc-mag and ask a few of the locals if they take it up the wrongun, probably best askin g about 10pm on a Friday night, thats when their at there most relaxed ;)

Please report your finds on the board

I'll drink anywhere as long as they stock vodka and snakebite. As for the Stags Head being a gay bar I suggest you have a trip in Manc-mag and ask a few of the locals if they take it up the wrongun, probably best askin g about 10pm on a Friday night, thats when their at there most relaxed ;)

43179[/snapback]

I'm not gay though.

43179[/snapback]

I'm not gay though.

43180[/snapback]

I never said you were although i have had my doubts :blush: I would like to know what was said to you if you went in there though asking them sort of questions ;)

43179[/snapback]

I'm not gay though.

43180[/snapback]

Don't listen to him, Wacky. I've seen him with his highlighted hair and pink shirt on on the pull for blerkes in Canal St, Manchester ;)

43179[/snapback]

I'm not gay though.

43180[/snapback]

I never said you were although i have had my doubts :blush: I would like to know what was said to you if you went in there though asking them sort of questions ;)

43181[/snapback]

Have you pulled in there?

43179[/snapback]

I'm not gay though.

43180[/snapback]

Don't listen to him, Wacky. I've seen him with his highlighted hair and pink shirt on on the pull for blerkes in Canal St, Manchester :blush:

43182[/snapback]

You used to dangle me as bait IIRC. Beating them off with a shitty stick!!! ;)