Folks who know Newcastle...

Lou

Aye a couple of the barmaids (female)

43184[/snapback]

Do you get male barmaids like? Must be hard to tell them apart in them sort of pubs mind tbh.

43187[/snapback]

;)

No, but i knew you would translate it as some sort of term for a tranny or something like it

I've just found this on their website. Watch out AF - potential for offence in 5...4....3...2.... ;)

We hold a monthly Special Needs disco which is very well attended as they also come for their lunch from homes around the area.

I might take Sammy along ;)

I've just found this on their website.  Watch out AF - potential for offence in 5...4....3...2.... ;)

We hold a monthly Special Needs disco which is very well attended as they also come for their lunch from homes around the area.

I might take Sammy along :blush:

43199[/snapback]

'Special Needs disco'? Sounds like another one of them gay pubs to me. ;)

Big and blue and yellow?? Does it have BIG neon arrows going "COMEDY IN HERE" - "ENTRANCE THIS WAY" etc too? because it seems like it's nicely designed so that I can't miss it.

And shakermaker, I'm planning to go to the hyena at some point too (but of course). My mate has gigs there later in the month, so, yeh. And there's comedy at the Union too, wahoo. (And mate's on there next month too... he's a busy bee.)

Big and blue and yellow??  Does it have BIG neon arrows going "COMEDY IN HERE" - "ENTRANCE THIS WAY" etc too?  because it seems like it's nicely designed so that I can't miss it.

And shakermaker, I'm planning to go to the hyena at some point too (but of course).  My mate has gigs there later in the month, so, yeh.  And there's comedy at the Union too, wahoo.  (And mate's on there next month too... he's a busy bee.)

43243[/snapback]

You can't miss it, it looks like it's been set on fire. ;)

There was a cool place with a climbing wall that I used to go by on the tram every Sunday in Melbourne. It took us a month or two to realise it was there, and what it was, and suddenly we were so keen to go. We were planning a special trip out there so we could go, and we were gonna get off the tram there early one day so that we could investigate opening times etc.

The next time we went by, it was burnt to the ground.

So we never did get to go climbing ;)

[/random anecdote]

Where can I find a decent (and understandable) map of Newcastle online??

I need to find some random place in Fenton tomorrow.. and I'll probs just get a cab there, but I'd like to be able to see where it is anyways...

Any online maps I've found before have, as I mentioned before, confused me.

;)

I need to find some random place in Fenton tomorrow.. and I'll probs just get a cab there, but I'd like to be able to see where it is anyways...

;)

43341[/snapback]

I'm not sur about online, but I'm sure you can get a decent map from a tourist information desk. Or you could buy an A-Z - may as well if you are going to be here for a while.

I've never even heard of anywhere called Fenton, I think you may have made that up!

;)

43341[/snapback]

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk

You only have to put in the adress...

I think I probably made it up too. I think it DOES start with an F though....

FenHAM. That's the one.

Fenton's in Stoke on Trent I think..... ;)

Thanks Ise!!

Hmm... ok... I've made more sense of it in my head now. I don't think it's that far off actually.

But I'm not walking there, on my own, at night ;)