"The players morale is at rock bottom."

Park Life

"When this proposal was rejected in a formal letter from Llambias, it became clear that a compromise was impossible. As negotiations shifted to the financial details of Keegan's departure, the manager yesterday spoke to a senior player and told him he would almost certainly not be returning. Newcastle's squad, who almost all liked and enjoyed working with Keegan, were angry that no director explained the situation to them. An agent representing a member of Keegan's squad said: "The players' morale is at rock bottom."

From the ever sexy Louise Taylor. :(

© Guardian Online. :o

We're fucked basically. I can see factions developing over the coming months.

Anyone decent will want to go, no one decent will want to come. You'll get the odd exception in both cases but I think that'll be the trend.

Anyone decent will want to go, no one decent will want to come. You'll get the odd exception in both cases but I think that'll be the trend.

Yup, I guess Owen has gone for a start unless we offer him a fortune and/or manage to convince Sven to come.

Yup, I guess Owen has gone for a start unless we offer him a fortune and/or manage to convince Sven to come.

No chance of Sven, he likes a chunky pussy kitty to play with. :o

Edited by Park Life

Which is why i'm annoyed with Keegan too in all this. Depressing as fuck.

I can see some Spanish boss coming in and it'll be olé the lads from there on in.

its different to the last time like..........we had a progressive club and Keegan disn't leave because he wasn't backed by his board [despite what mick on NO said yesterday].

The fans were gutted, and the players were too, but we still had a great side and the club was able to carry on and also made what appeared to be in lots of ways the most credible replacement possible.

I have not known anything like this at this club, assuming the players are as pissed off as it seems, since Gordon Lee left for Everton in 1976.

Then, they were so pissed off with the directors and the club, they threatened to go on strike.

A lot of people didn't like Lee because he sold MacDonald, but in the end they were coming back, and realising that we were on the right road.

But him going had massive repercussions.

The spirit among the players was never the same. From a team that collectively saw the season out and motivated themselves to finish and end up finishing 5th, the following season was a disaster. We won our first game, then lost 11 on the trot and ended up relegated.

But in my opinion, the club were heading for relegation from the moment Lee walked out of the club.

I'm praying this doesn't happen again. If the players have lost faith in their owners, then Ashley simply must sell.

Edited by LeazesMag

Owen's as good as gone. I think he might have stayed under Keegan though. I have serious doubts about the club's offer of a new contract too, given everything else that was going on behind the scenes. Also, he might have thought he owed the club something (or he might have just thought it would be good for his media image to 'repay' the fans by hanging around and signing a new deal) but now he's got a get out of jail free card on that score. No one would blame him for leaving either.

I bet he wishes Sven had bought him at City btw.

Owen's as good as gone. I think he might have stayed under Keegan though. I have serious doubts about the club's offer of a new contract too, given everything else that was going on behind the scenes. Also, he might have thought he owed the club something (or he might have just thought it would be good for his media image to 'repay' the fans by hanging around and signing a new deal) but now he's got a get out of jail free card on that score. No one would blame him for leaving either.

My thoughts exactly :o

its different to the last time like..........we had a progressive club and Keegan disn't leave because he wasn't backed by his board [despite what mick on NO said yesterday].

The fans were gutted, and the players were too, but we still had a great side and the club was able to carry on and also made what appeared to be in lots of ways the most credible replacement possible.

I have not known anything like this at this club, assuming the players are as pissed off as it seems, since Gordon Lee left for Everton in 1976.

Then, they were so pissed off with the directors and the club, they threatened to go on strike.

A lot of people didn't like Lee because he sold MacDonald, but in the end they were coming back, and realising that we were on the right road.

But him going had massive repercussions.

The spirit among the players was never the same. From a team that collectively saw the season out and motivated themselves to finish and end up finishing 5th, the following season was a disaster. We lost our first game, then lost 11 on the trot and ended up relegated.

But in my opinion, the club were heading for relegation from the moment Lee walked out of the club.

I'm praying this doesn't happen again. If the players have lost faith in their owners, then Ashley simply must sell.

If we get relegated we'd be stuck with him as there is no way he could sell without making a huge loss.

Am fucking buzzing here :o

I can see some Spanish boss coming in and it'll be olé the lads from there on in.

I'm not annoyed at Keegan one bit. I was a bit last time round. He's been sold down the river though, he really has.

even under the last board, I said that any manager with any ambition would come to this club. Yes, even........ I know they made some fuck ups.

But its different now. Somebody somewhere will take it, even under the situation and job spec which is now known. But a lot won't touch it with a bargepole.

even under the last board, I said that any manager with any ambition would come to this club. Yes, even........ I know they made some fuck ups.

But its different now. Somebody somewhere will take it, even under the situation and job spec which is now known. But a lot won't touch it with a bargepole.

It will be a Spanish manager.

Nailed on.

Aye, I think that a lot of this week probably explains most of the last couple of months in the Owen saga (and perhaps many of the newspaper linkage stories that went no where).

I think he would have stayed too with Keegan and backing, and I can't honestly blame him or anyone else for wanting to get out at the moment.

I'm not annoyed at Keegan one bit. I was a bit last time round. He's been sold down the river though, he really has.

same as we said yesterday mate. When I went down the pub last night, all the locals are all saying to me they think he's been well stitched up and screwed.

We're absolutely fucked.

Owen came through a fluke of RM selling him, Liverpool not wanting to pay double what they sold him for, and us having a very persuasive friend of his here (Shearer).

We took it for granted that we could have England's best strikers at our club. It's in tatters now.

Who is the manager of Argentina at the moment? :o

He could have rode it out. All this talk about 'integrity' winds me right up though. Ashley bears the brunt of the blame for this but if the club does go into meltdown and gets relegated, its clear that Keegan could have chosen another course of action that could have prevented this. So, he was first team coach for a season, big wow, think about from a normal perspective of a normal job, you might be unhappy and want to leave but at least dont fuck over the people you profess to love so much.

I worked for 6 months with someone i consider to be a total cunt. I did it because thats life for normal people.

same as we said yesterday mate. When I went down the pub last night, all the locals are all saying to me they think he's been well stitched up and screwed.

What's annoying is I guess many of those tabloid stories were true, and probably with hindsight it could be seen in Keegan's face.

Certainly Shearer (for the first time ever?) has come out pretty clearly that he wouldn't be interested in the job with the system that did for Keegan.

He could have rode it out. All this talk about 'integrity' winds me right up though. Ashley bears the brunt of the blame for this but if the club does go into meltdown and gets relegated, its clear that Keegan could have chosen another course of action that could have prevented this. So, he was first team coach for a season, big wow, think about from a normal perspective of a normal job, you might be unhappy and want to leave but at least dont fuck over the people you profess to love so much.

I worked for 6 months with someone i consider to be a total cunt. I did it because thats life for normal people.

I take your points mate, I really do. And I know it's life for most of us. But I just think he is a highly principled individual who was sold a vision that turned out to be a lie. I think what has happened has also shown that there was only ever going to be one winner/which side the owner would take. So I think it's a case of sooner rather than later and I know he was fucking raging at what happened with Modric.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about it, least of all with a good mate.

What's annoying is I guess many of those tabloid stories were true, and probably with hindsight it could be seen in Keegan's face.

Certainly Shearer (for the first time ever?) has come out pretty clearly that he wouldn't be interested in the job with the system that did for Keegan.

No one wanted to believe they were true, did they?

I'm not sure Keegan could do the job like that (which also ties in with the end of his England reign). And frankly just because most people have to do it, isn't a reason to do it either.