Dear Mr Shepherd

peasepud

Firstly, may I apologise for the slightly rough time Ive given you over the past half a dozen years, I know I was harsh, I know I said some things that now I regret. Yes I know I said you should die a hideous painful death and wished that you'd never been born but I wasnt thinking straight, it was the heat of the moment.

Please come back, I miss you, I miss the way you come out in the papers and tell stuff like it is. I miss the way you would try and buy Ronaldo and pay him 500 grand a week even though the accounts would say we could only afford to employ a cleaner. Fuck it I even miss reading about your whoring exploits, they brought a bit of colour into a generally dull week. The thing is if you come back then I promise not to shout at you for at least a year, promise not to call you a fat twat (at least not to your face) and promise to overlook the odd warehouse deal with your brother.

Hows Douggie? I miss him too, yes he was never here but when he was he would quietly pocket his cheque and leave in his massive Bentley smoking the fattest cigars possible, yes I called him a fat wobbly cunt of the highest order but he was our cunt and without him and you then things just arent the same.

I know we parted badly and that was my fault I was in the flush of new love, Mike promised he'd treat me so well, he said he'd lavish me with new players and fantastic football, things looked so good for a while and then he made me fall head over heels with him by bringing Kev back. You remember Kev dont you? yes he was there with us too back in the old days, we had fun didnt we? Admittedly your uncle John was the main man back then but you were with us and we had good times. Those times lasted even after Kev had gone, Kenny was dour but a nice bloke, Ruud well lets not talk about him and then Sir Bob, oh Sir Bob what fun we had. Remember that autumn night in 2002 when we went to Feyenoord just me, you and 5000 others? We felt the world couldnt stop us and I loved you for it.

Then our relationship really started to change and you took Bob away from me and I have to admit I hated you for it, I didnt care who heard me I would tell the world how much I hated you but secretly I think there was always a place in my heart that was yours I just hadnt realised it. You, well you changed, you told me so many lies and I wanted to believe you I really did but you just kept them coming "list of managers clambouring for the job", telling me you loved me just to get my season ticket money all of those things made me dislike, no hate you and Im sorry for it.

Now Mike treats me like shit, yes you took my season ticket money and didnt thank me but he, well he took 3 years worth, 3 years!!! all on the back of how it was a brave new world, how we were going into it together and how we would be so happy. Kev was there, Kev was going to lead this and take us to places I thought I could only have dreamt of with you. But he didnt, Mike lied to Kev too, all the time that Kev felt he was important Mike had been with another, Dennis. Why? I dont know, hes a greasy horrible little cockney dwarf but I suppose we should have seen it. Mike telling Kev one thing while Dennis does another. Can you believe this? Dennis was actually buying the players! yes I know you bought Luque and well we laughed about it at the time but this is different. Kev didnt know about these until afterwards. Now Kevs gone, upped and left without a word until after he'd gone and I feel so alone.

I hate him Freddy, I really really hate him, hes not what he promised, hes not here to make my life more fun and exciting hes here for what he can get and well yes, I know you were too and I know that your brother made a lot as well (oh yes, Fred I knew about the warehouse but I chose to overlook it) but hes different at least your brother was from here and blew it on whores and gambling in Newcastle. He doesnt even do that, he lives away from me and I only see him on matchdays (and even then hes drinking heavily).

Please come back, I promise not to shout at you anymore and I promise to just go along with what you want, please, please come back, bring Kev back and get rid of the rest. We can start again, pretend the past never happened and just get on with our lives the way we had always planned, trips abroad Im sick of Stoke and Manchester I want to drink coffee in a piazza again and have cheese toasties for breakfast outside some little cafe while singing Keegan Wonderland.

Please, please, please, please please.....

Love you

Px

The grass isn't always greener, as we're being shown at the minute. :D

Freddy had major, major faults and we all know them. It was the right time to go, just such a shame that SJH was conned into believing these cocks were for the best interests of the club.

Firstly, may I apologise for the slightly rough time Ive given you over the past half a dozen years, I know I was harsh, I know I said some things that now I regret. Yes I know I said you should die a hideous painful death and wished that you'd never been born but I wasnt thinking straight, it was the heat of the moment.

Please come back, I miss you, I miss the way you come out in the papers and tell stuff like it is. I miss the way you would try and buy Ronaldo and pay him 500 grand a week even though the accounts would say we could only afford to employ a cleaner. Fuck it I even miss reading about your whoring exploits, they brought a bit of colour into a generally dull week. The thing is if you come back then I promise not to shout at you for at least a year, promise not to call you a fat twat (at least not to your face) and promise to overlook the odd warehouse deal with your brother.

Hows Douggie? I miss him too, yes he was never here but when he was he would quietly pocket his cheque and leave in his massive Bentley smoking the fattest cigars possible, yes I called him a fat wobbly cunt of the highest order but he was our cunt and without him and you then things just arent the same.

I know we parted badly and that was my fault I was in the flush of new love, Mike promised he'd treat me so well, he said he'd lavish me with new players and fantastic football, things looked so good for a while and then he made me fall head over heels with him by bringing Kev back. You remember Kev dont you? yes he was there with us too back in the old days, we had fun didnt we? Admittedly your uncle John was the main man back then but you were with us and we had good times. Those times lasted even after Kev had gone, Kenny was dour but a nice bloke, Ruud well lets not talk about him and then Sir Bob, oh Sir Bob what fun we had. Remember that autumn night in 2002 when we went to Feyenoord just me, you and 5000 others? We felt the world couldnt stop us and I loved you for it.

Then our relationship really started to change and you took Bob away from me and I have to admit I hated you for it, I didnt care who heard me I would tell the world how much I hated you but secretly I think there was always a place in my heart that was yours I just hadnt realised it. You, well you changed, you told me so many lies and I wanted to believe you I really did but you just kept them coming "list of managers clambouring for the job", telling me you loved me just to get my season ticket money all of those things made me dislike, no hate you and Im sorry for it.

Now Mike treats me like shit, yes you took my season ticket money and didnt thank me but he, well he took 3 years worth, 3 years!!! all on the back of how it was a brave new world, how we were going into it together and how we would be so happy. Kev was there, Kev was going to lead this and take us to places I thought I could only have dreamt of with you. But he didnt, Mike lied to Kev too, all the time that Kev felt he was important Mike had been with another, Dennis. Why? I dont know, hes a greasy horrible little cockney dwarf but I suppose we should have seen it. Mike telling Kev one thing while Dennis does another. Can you believe this? Dennis was actually buying the players! yes I know you bought Luque and well we laughed about it at the time but this is different. Kev didnt know about these until afterwards. Now Kevs gone, upped and left without a word until after he'd gone and I feel so alone.

I hate him Freddy, I really really hate him, hes not what he promised, hes not here to make my life more fun and exciting hes here for what he can get and well yes, I know you were too and I know that your brother made a lot as well (oh yes, Fred I knew about the warehouse but I chose to overlook it) but hes different at least your brother was from here and blew it on whores and gambling in Newcastle. He doesnt even do that, he lives away from me and I only see him on matchdays (and even then hes drinking heavily).

Please come back, I promise not to shout at you anymore and I promise to just go along with what you want, please, please come back, bring Kev back and get rid of the rest. We can start again, pretend the past never happened and just get on with our lives the way we had always planned, trips abroad Im sick of Stoke and Manchester I want to drink coffee in a piazza again and have cheese toasties for breakfast outside some little cafe while singing Keegan Wonderland.

Please, please, please, please please.....

Love you

Px

You missed off "if you agree I'll drive you there myself" :D

Shepherd as chairman and Keegan back as Manager would have been far better than what reality brought :D

Would not have happened we would have got some other moron. Shepherds last 3 appointments were all wank. He would have been just as wank with the next one although he would have given BSA more time to make us even more shite. We would have even less money than now although that would have made it easier for someone to buy us but who wants a championship side.

Shepherd as chairman and Keegan back as Manager would have been far better than what reality brought :D

Would not have happened we would have got some other moron. Shepherds last 3 appointments were all wank. He would have been just as wank with the next one although he would have given BSA more time to make us even more shite. We would have even less money than now although that would have made it easier for someone to buy us but who wants a championship side.

we might get one anyway.

See my post in the thread about the players morale. I imagine you may not believe it but its absolutely true.

We are now being run by an utter shambles organistion, who know fuck all about football and have even less genuine ambition for the club/or no idea how to try and get success.

We haven't had such a board of incompetent morons since the 1980's and it never ceases to amaze me that people who supported the club during these era's can underestimate the value of supporting your manager so much.

Shepherd as chairman and Keegan back as Manager would have been far better than what reality brought :icon_lol:

divvent believe I'm hearing this :D

I know... don't get me wrong, I still maintain Shepherd was shite...

But he was fucking angelic by comparison.

Shepherd as chairman and Keegan back as Manager would have been far better than what reality brought :icon_lol:

oh I agree he said some fuckwitted things.......but where we don't, is I just think they were in the grand scheme of things, pretty much irrelevant.

oh I agree he said some fuckwitted things.......but where we don't, is I just think they were in the grand scheme of things, pretty much irrelevant.

anyway.......

lets not get back to this bollocks, we want a new board, fast, and we want a board of people who understand a bit about football and realise everything comes from having a good team on the pitch and have a genuine desire to punch the weight of the club to go with it.

PP's lead article also has fanzine potential I feel.......

we might get one anyway.

See my post in the thread about the players morale. I imagine you may not believe it but its absolutely true.

We are now being run by an utter shambles organistion, who know fuck all about football and have even less genuine ambition for the club/or no idea how to try and get success.

We haven't had such a board of incompetent morons since the 1980's and it never ceases to amaze me that people who supported the club during these era's can underestimate the value of supporting your manager so much.

You didnt support the manager though when we had Souness. It could be argued if he had not supported Souness then Roeder we would not have been in such a state as to need to be taken over. Regardless of what this board have done Shpeherd was a shit chairman who spunked bad money after bad.

we might get one anyway.

You didnt support the manager though when we had Souness. It could be argued if he had not supported Souness then Roeder we would not have been in such a state as to need to be taken over. Regardless of what this board have done Shpeherd was a shit chairman who spunked bad money after bad.

he backed his own appointed manager.

Something Ashley hasn't done. And something all the boards prior to 1992 didn't do either.

That is what they are supposed to do, they are supposed to back their manager. Whether you agree with the choice is irrelevant, it isn't your choice, its the boards.

As for supporting the club, managers and players, I paid my money and hoped the club would win under Souness, Ashley and also all the mongs that ran the club and managed the club through the vast majority of the 1970's and 1980's. Just because you think they are shit doesn't mean you aren't supporting them.

Same as Ameobi on the field, I support him, but he's shit.

Edit.

Actually, I don't think I'm being fair to some of the managers. Lee and Cox did well. McFaul, Smith, and Jack Charlton all did their best, it wasn't their fault that the board didn't help them very much, who were the real mongs. Apart from Charlton who thought you could build good teams with 4th division players kicking the ball down the field all day, the others would all have done better with more backing.

Edited by LeazesMag

we might get one anyway.

Something Ashley hasn't done. And something all the boards prior to 1992 didn't do either.

That is what they are supposed to do, they are supposed to back their manager. Whether you agree with the choice is irrelevant, it isn't your choice, its the boards.

As for supporting the club, managers and players, I paid my money and hoped the club would win under Souness, Ashley and also all the mongs that ran the club and managed the club through the vast majority of the 1970's and 1980's. Just because you think they are shit doesn't mean you aren't supporting them.

Thats where we disagree. To me the chairman is supposed to A find the best available person for the job he didnt. B Critically assess on an ongoing basis the performance level of said appointee and if needed remove him from that position if they turn out to be utter crap.

we might get one anyway.

Thats where we disagree. To me the chairman is supposed to A find the best available person for the job he didnt. B Critically assess on an ongoing basis the performance level of said appointee and if needed remove him from that position if they turn out to be utter crap.

In the boards opinion, they were who they wanted at the time. Its their choice not yours. They backed their men, Ashley didn't.

All clubs make appointments that don't work. All of them. I can name you them all if you like. ManU went through every possibility until they struck gold with Ferguson. Liverpool have appointed some duds. Same as Arsenal. But they back their men.

If you make a bad appointment then you can get rid of him, but if you make a good one and don't back him you will NEVER succeed. More often than not they will know they are being let down and fuck off for someone else who is good enough for them.

Witness the events of the past week for absolute proof.