NUSC

Jusoda Kid

From Skunkers you say?

I wrote that very update out when I got back from the meeting and posted it on N-O.

To be fair, it is said over there that it is copied from you post on W-O.

Aye, thats right, didn't realise you had wrote it Tom, why don't you sue for copyright? :jesuswept:

Who's this Peter Lee fella? If his prediction doesn't come good this week he wants told to fuck off as far as invites to future meetings are concerned, the last thing the club and NUSC need is bullshitters.

to be fair, I don't think he will be back but we felt that dismissing him out of hand was wrong especially as we're learning from our mistakes at the mo!

But if Chez is looking to invest a couple of grand then you're a braver person than me! Plus he looks like David Dickinson but with a better tan! :lol:

I think basically,he got in contact with one or two people and the opportunity came about for him to come and say his bit.

Whatever we think of him/his bid, he's thrown his hat in the ring and his group are therefore potential owners of NUFC, and I think it was fair enough to hear what he had to say. From what he's said on TV in the papers etc we were hugely sceptical, and he didn't say anything to change that, judging from what people were saying last night. Personally speaking, I found some of what he was saying pretty confusing and some of what he was saying seemed to contradict other things, to the extent where I honestly can't work out where he's coming from, how its going to work and where any fans chucking in a grand fit into the 'substantial funds' he already has from his businessmen experts and celebrities.

I'm not saying I'm against him or his bid, just that I think he left us even more in the dark about how it would all work when we were hoping he would clarify and explain things. Perhaps his plans are sound and if they are, good luck to him, but it's not the impression he left us with last night.

So, was this earth-shattering news this week that Peters and Lee told you to watch out for the press release about Madge and Guy Ritchie divorcing ???

Shit joke, I know, but him above started it with his Peterlee one :icon_lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was already 90% pretty much against the NUSC, but this has taken me to 100%.

“We need to show any future owner that we can either be his best friend or his worst enemy.

“We need to show we’re here to work with them, but also to show what kind of damage we can do if they treat us badly.”

Seriously, what the f*ck are prospective owners going to think when they see things like that?

“We need to show any future owner that we can either be his best friend or his worst enemy.

“We need to show we’re here to work with them, but also to show what kind of damage we can do if they treat us badly.”

Seriously, what the f*ck are prospective owners going to think when they see things like that?

Why don't you get off your arse and tell them where they're going wrong instead of squealing about it on messageboards

Is this new? I thought they'd finished with the idiotic statements.

Is this new? I thought they'd finished with the idiotic statements.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcas...72703-22151426/

Michael Martin, who organised the first meeting, also stressed the need to carry on the action.

He said: “It’s the whole point of this club to pressure Ashley to sell.

“We have got to make a stand. If we don’t have the boycott then we haven’t got a campaign.”

The group also agreed to seek trust status so it can ultimately get a foothold in the club.

Interim chairman Malcolm Shiels said: “In the long term we would like to have some representation at board level. We want to be able to give the fans a collective voice."

:icon_lol:

Don't worry, Ashley's asking price will put off anyone thinking of buying the club anyway :icon_lol:

Maybe the NUSC are aware of this

Maybe they are. I still wish they lay off the ill-thought out (imo) press releases though.

Michael Martin, who organised the first meeting, also stressed the need to carry on the action.

“We have got to make a stand. If we don’t have the boycott then we haven’t got a campaign.”

Why not turn up and ask them exactly why they're continuing with the boycott

Don't worry, Ashley's asking price will put off anyone thinking of buying the club anyway :icon_lol:

Maybe they are. I still wish they lay off the ill-thought out (imo) press releases though.

It seems to me that they want to keep the pressure on

Yup.

Good thing to.

Yup.

Good thing to.

I don't see what difference their campaign is going to make. They wanted to Ashley to sell and he's selling, if they think they can affect the asking price then they're deluded.

They obviously do. But I agree with the nut about potentially putting off prospective buyers. Also, if Ashley isn't going to lower his price / isn't really bothered about selling (at present at least) they're going to have to enter into some sort of dialogue with him / the board in the short-medium term imo. If for no other reason than to try and find out what's happening.

I'll probably still join the NUSC btw because I think this club needs a proper supporters club. But the problem is, if they're setting themselves up as an organisation almost exclusively aimed at ousting Ashley and boycotts etc. then you're going to end up with more militant types running the show (as appears to be the case) who aren't really the sort of people I want speaking on my behalf to the club, press etc.

Why not turn up and ask them exactly why they're continuing with the boycott

I can see from their pathetic press statements why they are.

Also, I don't agree with the BNP, but I wouldn't go along to one of their meetings saying, "But really, why DO you want Asians out of the country?"

Yup.

Good thing to.

I don't see what difference their campaign is going to make. They wanted to Ashley to sell and he's selling, if they think they can affect the asking price then they're deluded.

He says he's selling...I think they (quite rightly) want to make sure he sticks to Plan A. Normal behavior on their part if we take into account the amount of frustration the last few months have brought.

You see, for me, that shouldn't be the whole point of the supporters club.

I'm not sure it is but it's definitely the biggest problem at the minute

Well it was yet another ill-conceived comment if it isn't.

Like it or not it's the catalyst for now, in time it will evolve I'm sure.

I think everyone is aware what was the catalyst for its inauguration thanks Parky :icon_lol:

I think everyone is aware what was the catalyst for its inauguration thanks Parky :icon_lol:

Well it is the 'whole point' for now. Understand? :icon_lol:

Well it is the 'whole point' for now. Understand? :icon_lol:

The special needs smiley was never so apt. I've bolded what I said before in case you're struggling with the comprehension bit too.