Allardyce criticises Ashley reign

Craig

Former Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce claims owner Mike Ashley only bought the club to make a big profit.

Ashley has put Newcastle up for sale and Allardyce, who was sacked in January, said: "It is crystal clear now what the motives were for Mike Ashley.

"I think that he did buy the club in the hope that he could quickly sell it on for a vast profit.

"It is going from bad to horrendous and there is part of me that thinks I'm glad I'm out of it."

Ashley replaced Allardyce with Kevin Keegan, but decided to sell after facing a fans' revolt in the wake of Keegan's surprise departure in September.

Allardyce added: "I thought Kevin was going to get the money I didn't get - but the continuous sales and players moving in and out over the summer obviously caused him to conclude the job was untenable and the club was thrown into chaos."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7656236.stm

Can't really find fault with him on this one...

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion :(

Guest Stevie

No fault with him at all on that, but he should consider piping down a bit, it's clear to me he goes to bed thinking about Newcastle United.

"I think that he did buy the club in the hope that he could quickly sell it on for a vast profit.

It does look like that.

All this stuff about developing the club just seems to have been more lies whilst waiting for the pay off.

It does look like that.

All this stuff about developing the club just seems to have been more lies whilst waiting for the pay off.

Aye. Developing in the same way he develops his companies.

The man's a barrow boy. I was in London a while back and Lillywhites was plastered in neon "SALE OMGZ!!" signs. It used to be a really good place to go and have a wander around.

That's true actually, it was a 'proper sports shop' if you know what I mean.

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion :(

He didn't exactly spend the money he did get very well though did he? If money was tight hardly a great idea to splurge £6m on Smith and put him on 60k a week.

He didn't exactly spend the money he did get very well though did he? If money was tight hardly a great idea to splurge £6m on Smith and put him on 60k a week.

I agree but I was making a different point.

I just don't think Allardyce should be commenting on not getting money when he wasn't spending money very well in any case. Given more funds he'd probably have just wasted them.

Keegan had grounds for complaint especially as he had to make a fist of a job with Allardyce's over-paid, under-performing players. Fat Sam should shut up really.

Edited by Big TRon

I just don't think Allardyce should be commenting on not getting money when he wasn't spending money very well in any case. Given more funds he'd probably have just wasted them.

Keegan had grounds for complaint especially as he had to make a fist of a job with Allardyce's over-paid, under-performing players. Fat Sam should shut up really.

All I was saying was that neither manager have had much in the way of spending money (in terms of net spending). It was an attack on Ashley rather than a defence of Allardyce's transfers.

I'm sick to the back teeth of Allardyce's announcements explaining away nowt was his fault and he was hard done by.

Whatever the argument about putting the club up for sale, he had enough backing and supposed nouse as a manager not to have a team playing piss poor losing football and on a fast track to the championship.

He may be right about Ashley but he's still a charlatan who got his big chance he'd been pining for for years and failed.

Tosser.

All I was saying was that neither manager have had much in the way of spending money (in terms of net spending). It was an attack on Ashley rather than a defence of Allardyce's transfers.

Yeah I don't have a problem with what you are saying I think you are entitled to say it. So was Keegan. Fat Sam wasn't that's the only distinction I would draw.

Shame you didn't agree at the time when people pointed out how shit Smith was.

Coming from someone who recently said they'd hadn't been so optimistic about the club's future in ages I think it's a case of stones and glass houses.

It does look like that.

I thought he was leaving because the fans protested to get him out?

People were moaning because they wanted him out and are now moaning that he agreed to go straight away, with the odd moan in between about him wanting to stay instead of selling to that lot who bought Man City.

You couldn't make it up.

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion ;)

Coming from someone who recently said they'd hadn't been so optimistic about the club's future in ages I think it's a case of stones and glass houses.

That's my fault for thinking Keegan had grown some balls this time.

Alan Smith though, fucking hell. :(

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion ;)

I thought Smith was decent cover and dear with that in mind so stop trying to make out I was predictin he'd be a superstar. I thought the fans would warm to his all action style of play though, which they haven't, since he doesn't seem to have the legs any more.

Guest Stevie

I thought Smith was decent cover and dear with that in mind so stop trying to make out I was predictin he'd be a superstar. I thought the fans would warm to his all action style of play though, which they haven't, since he doesn't seem to have the legs any more.

:wank:

Me and Chez discussed this a while back when Allardyce was still at the club and whatever you might think of the bloke he didn't get much to spend. That's net spending, to avoid any confusion :wank:

:D

;)

I'm sick to the back teeth of Allardyce's announcements explaining away nowt was his fault and he was hard done by.

Whatever the argument about putting the club up for sale, he had enough backing and supposed nouse as a manager not to have a team playing piss poor losing football and on a fast track to the championship.

He may be right about Ashley but he's still a charlatan who got his big chance he'd been pining for for years and failed.

Tosser.

I think the fact that he still hasn't got a job may indicate that you're not the only one who feels like that.

I'll hold my hands up and say I thought the same - always thought he was a good player and I'm more disappointed than most that he's been shit.