• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a listen to the Bishop thing before he gets taken out. ^^^^^^^

Link doesn't seem to be showing up.

But it did lead to this though. :aye:

Too late. :huh:

When I put these things up listen to them immediately fools. The war is on all levels. ;)

Corr it's hot around here......

“Directed-energy systems could be used for crowd-control purposes. It’s not so futuristic anymore.”

- Lt. Don Kester, sheriff’s tactical-response commander and a chairman in the National Tactical Officers Association

L.A. County sheriff’s Cmdr. Sid Heal bore-sights the “Silent Guardian.” Raytheon Missile Systems calls the weapon “truly non-lethal.”

Police agencies look to Raytheon weapon

ARIZONA DAILY STAR | Dec 9, 2007

‘Burning’ beam of directed energy marketed mainly to the military

By Jack Gillum

A recent spate of violence in Los Angeles County jails has Cmdr. Sid Heal looking for a better way to quell disturbances, and a Tucson-made weapon may be just the tool he needs.

Heal, of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department, is looking to new “directed-energy” technology from Tucson-based Raytheon Missile Systems as a possible addition to his department’s arsenal against unruly inmates.

The weapons, which deliver a beam of energy that feels akin to scalding hot water but leaves no injuries, have been developed for use by the Defense Department as a “force-protection” tool for use on battlefields overseas.

Now, Raytheon says, civilian law enforcement — and “security organizations” — may benefit from the technology, which the company calls a “truly non-lethal system” for situations when lethal force “may not be appropriate or warranted.” While the final price is unclear, Heal said it cost his department $3 million for Raytheon to build a prototype.

“We have the largest jail in the world, with 20,000 crooks, and they all brought their problems with them,” said Heal, who heads the department’s Technology Exploration Unit.

Directed energy, specifically Raytheon’s Active Denial System, works by emitting a focused beam of energy that penetrates the skin to 1/64th of an inch, which produces an intolerable heat that causes targeted people to flee.

That system, which Raytheon delivered to the U.S. Air Force in September, has been marketed primarily to military contractors, spokesman John B. Patterson said.

But demands from the Los Angeles County sheriff and potential future requests from other agencies or prisons, could change that, especially if directed-energy weapons were to follow the path of Taser weapons.

Edited by Park Life

looks like rubbish to me Parky

They seem to be using some pretty expensive flying dustcarts. :aye:

They have to be used for SOMETHING - better that than shooting up innocent civilians

• 1 month later...

I'm half way through watching a documentary "I shot JFK", it's an interview with James Files who claims to be one of the "Grassy Knoll" gunmen.

I'm half way through watching a documentary "I shot JFK", it's an interview with James Files who claims to be one of the "Grassy Knoll" gunmen.

Was that on one of the discovery channels or something Jimbo?

Was that on one of the discovery channels or something Jimbo?

I believe it was, I'm watching it via download though. :lol:

I've just finished watching it and it is very compelling, if you are someone like me that doesn't buy that LHO was working alone then it is recommended viewing, whether James Files is telling the truth or not is a matter of debate but either way he has got his story well throught out and there are corroborating witnesses that are backing up a number of his claims.