6 Years ago today

Jimbo

Seem to recall that we needed Juve to get beat and they obliged (being already through). Think that was the same season we beat them at SJP when Griffin scored that belter?

Other way round I'm sure, we needed Juve to win in Kiev, played a reserve team and still won iirc.

There's not half a chance our current lot is anywhere near as good as Robson's side, man. Solano alone was probably a better player half the cloggers in our midfield now and that's before mentioning Robert on a good day and Speed. Shearer and Bellamy was a much more effective partnership than Owen+ another too.

I was convinced after the Juve game Bramble had turned the corner. His performance that game was fucking outstanding. I'm really struggling to think of a better one by a defender in the B&W shirt over recent years.

The Feyenoord game ws a killer. I nearly hit the roof when Bellamy scored with the last kick. I had a huge grin on my face for days afterwards. And need I remind you all of that game in the San Siro where Inter cheated their way to a 2-2 draw. IIRC a win in that game and we'd have had a brilliant chance of going through.

I was convinced after the Juve game Bramble had turned the corner. His performance that game was fucking outstanding. I'm really struggling to think of a better one by a defender in the B&W shirt over recent years.

The Feyenoord game ws a killer. I nearly hit the roof when Bellamy scored with the last kick. I had a huge grin on my face for days afterwards. And need I remind you all of that game in the San Siro where Inter cheated their way to a 2-2 draw. IIRC a win in that game and we'd have had a brilliant chance of going through.

Can't remember him being particularly immense in the Juve game. Maybe he was, but I can't recall it. For me it was the San Siro game where he had Vieri gift-wrapped in his pocket for the entire game, apart from the one time he got away and scored a header. Thought that if he could keep one of the best strikers at home so well marshalled except for one small lapse of concentration, then he'd be fine in the prem...... unfortunately it became a recurrent theme. Interestingly i both martins and emre played for inter in that one as well................ for the cheating bastards!!!!!!! Still was so proud at that 2-2 performance, one of our finest ever against all odds/referee

Can't remember him being particularly immense in the Juve game. Maybe he was, but I can't recall it. For me it was the San Siro game where he had Vieri gift-wrapped in his pocket for the entire game, apart from the one time he got away and scored a header. Thought that if he could keep one of the best strikers at home so well marshalled except for one small lapse of concentration, then he'd be fine in the prem...... unfortunately it became a recurrent theme. Interestingly i both martins and emre played for inter in that one as well................ for the cheating bastards!!!!!!! Still was so proud at that 2-2 performance, one of our finest ever against all odds/referee

Conceição was the main culprit when it came to cheating. I can remember him going down after a nothing challenge, rolling a for a few feet and ending off the pitch the rolling back on the pitch and then falling of the stretcher when they put him on it. Cunt.

Conceição was the main culprit when it came to cheating. I can remember him going down after a nothing challenge, rolling a for a few feet and ending off the pitch the rolling back on the pitch and then falling of the stretcher when they put him on it. Cunt.

Portuguese ref too, IIRC. What a lovely combination.

Am I the only person who can remember Griffin's waist high scissorkick take down in the home fixture against Inter? :angry: One of the few positives on what was a very bleak night.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechroni...385BD469948.jpg

Bastard.

I had the Mirror's headline 'The San Shearo' and the pic of Shearer up on my wall at uni.

I can also vaguely recall a lot of dipper fans complaining after the 3rd game that we were a complete embarrassment to English football, then we qualified and they got knocked out (although I could be making that last bit up)

edit - I was right!

And Real Madrid beating Man U 6-5 on aggregate - Ronaldo with a hattrick at OT in the Quarters

Edited by Geordieboyo

Am I the only person who can remember Griffin's waist high scissorkick take down in the home fixture against Inter? :angry: One of the few positives on what was a very bleak night.

Don't remember that, but I do remember that the commentators were saying how much smarter shearer was in clobbering cannavaro and getting away with it during the match, compared to bellamy's idiocy.... then they just used the video evidence against shearer :( that and recoba's screamer

Don't remember that, but I do remember that the commentators were saying how much smarter shearer was in clobbering cannavaro and getting away with it during the match, compared to bellamy's idiocy.... then they just used the video evidence against shearer <_< that and recoba's screamer

Ameobi and Lua Lua dominating Leverkusen :(

I want to be back in the Champions League :naughty:

Don't remember that, but I do remember that the commentators were saying how much smarter shearer was in clobbering cannavaro and getting away with it during the match, compared to bellamy's idiocy.... then they just used the video evidence against shearer <_< that and recoba's screamer

Ameobi and Lua Lua dominating Leverkusen :(

I want to be back in the Champions League :naughty:

Neuville running his heart out to keep the ball in play, stops it on the touchline and runs into the barriers, lua lua dribbles, crosses, ameobi, 3-0 :flowers:

I think I miss the beginning of the intertoto more. Wondering how the new boys would settle against europe's finest minnows. Apart from FC Troyes, although the comeback nearly was our best ever

Seem to recall that we needed Juve to get beat and they obliged (being already through). Think that was the same season we beat them at SJP when Griffin scored that belter?

Other way round I'm sure, we needed Juve to win in Kiev, played a reserve team and still won iirc.

Indeed.