Is Mido turning this race

bobbyshinton

Oh Danny Boooooooooy, pipe down, pipe down you're boring

Sussed him straight away too like :birthday:

There is a slight problem with the tottenham group that admin are sorting as we speak. Its not really sussing someone when there user name is in their other profile is there?

Then why describe he toon as we you fucking Hertfordshire rent boy?

A song invented by other teams, sang by other teams and never passed comment on previous to us last season. And people wonder why we think we're being victimised?

I wonder how we all know it was invented by West Ham, if it was never passed comment on....of course it was!

And we wonder why people think we play the victim.

Will this put Newcastle on the map re some Islamic backlash.

:birthday:

London is no longer a target. Would anyone even notice if the toon was wiped out?

More so than Hertfordshire. Also 40% of the people on this board would be gone, me, Bob, Alex and Peasepud. All gone.

London is no longer a target. Would anyone even notice if the toon was wiped out?

More so than Hertfordshire. Also 40% of the people on this board would be gone, me, Bob, Alex and Peasepud. All gone.

Im sure Bob, Alex and Peasepud would be sorely missed.

Im sure Bob, Alex and Peasepud would be sorely missed.

:drinks:

Stevie. Do they do that in Egypt? I went on holiday there a few years back. I didn't see any of that going on.

My brother was nearly killed in a market bombing there a few year ago, Danny. So yes. Not that it's all Egyptians or anything but a minority doing that (although there's plenty of other problems with Egypt), but it certainly puts the BNP in context.

Stevie. Do they do that in Egypt? I went on holiday there a few years back. I didn't see any of that going on.

IP Check btw :birthday:

Especially back home in Egypt where, iirc, he is out of favour with the national team.

Strange logic.

Glad you think so.

What good would stirring up a race storm here do for his chances of getting in the national side? Surely trying to get a run of games in the Boro side would work better.

He did make his attack on the Newcastle fans on Egyptian TV. I see it more as him taking the opportunity to get himself on telly there than actually attempting to influence the Egypt manager to pick him.

Mido is the most high profile player in Egypt for various reasons. He has absolutely no need to raise his profile over there.

what makes you think we give a toss about mido ? He came in for a bit of terrace humour, its always happened. If he doesn't like it, he can fuck off

Oh, I forgot to add, Danny. How sad are you

Edited by LeazesMag

This thread is the best argument yet for an IP ban on Danny. If you're so blatantly desperate for a bite Danny lad why don't you rub steaks on your arse and head down to the pound?

Mido's a jackass for several reasons, not least trying to turn this chanting into an anti-Islamic issue.

BUT how different are you Stevie for trying to turn his reaction into an anti-Egyptian issue? This is why I've told you many times to just stick to football and not try to enlighten us with your Stone Age views on the world, society, religion, anything actually. If you knew anything about Egypt you'd know that it is a fairly modern, fairly pro-Western country with a fairly significant (although much less so in recent years) terrorist problem, not at all sympathetic to whatever kind of bomber culture you're trying to make it out to be. So honestly when you don't have any clue what you're on about it's better to say nothing at all.

Getting back to the man himself, Mido is widely hated by Egypt fans and his attempt to get some screen time over these idiotic chants which of course should not have happened will not translate into any more playing time or any less dislike. I think he's just an asshole who wants to get us into trouble. It reminds me of how Dida took that ridiculous dive and "had to be" stretchered off in last year's CL just in an attempt to get Celtic penalized somehow.

This thread is the best argument yet for an IP ban on Danny. If you're so blatantly desperate for a bite Danny lad why don't you rub steaks on your arse and head down to the pound?

Mido's a jackass for several reasons, not least trying to turn this chanting into an anti-Islamic issue.

BUT how different are you Stevie for trying to turn his reaction into an anti-Egyptian issue? This is why I've told you many times to just stick to football and not try to enlighten us with your Stone Age views on the world, society, religion, anything actually. If you knew anything about Egypt you'd know that it is a fairly modern, fairly pro-Western country with a fairly significant (although much less so in recent years) terrorist problem, not at all sympathetic to whatever kind of bomber culture you're trying to make it out to be. So honestly when you don't have any clue what you're on about it's better to say nothing at all.

Getting back to the man himself, Mido is widely hated by Egypt fans and his attempt to get some screen time over these idiotic chants which of course should not have happened will not translate into any more playing time or any less dislike. I think he's just an asshole who wants to get us into trouble. It reminds me of how Dida took that ridiculous dive and "had to be" stretchered off in last year's CL just in an attempt to get Celtic penalized somehow.

YOU have told ME many times? Do you think I take on board what you say?

As for Egypt being fairly modern, outside of Cairo there is hardly any infrastructure never mind anything else. More than half the country live in poverty, the GDP per capita is one third of other perceived countries like Libya, and virtually all of Eastern Europe and is third poorest of all the countries in the world who have a population over 50m, the country has an APPALLING human rights record, almost 70% of the country live in rural poor areas...now if that's a modern society, I think Zimbabwe would probably be happy staying as they are.

As for much less in recent times...

Renowned for its beaches and scuba diving, the Egyptian resort town of Sharm el-Sheikh had become a vacationing hot spot for Europeans, Israelis and Arabs alike. But its bustling nightlife was shattered late last week by three nearly simultaneous explosions that killed at least 88 and wounded more than 200. The deadliest terrorist attack in Egypt since 1981--in a town considered secure enough to host cease-fire talks last winter between Israel's Ariel Sharon and Palestine's Mahmoud Abbas--comes less than two months before voters will decide whether President Hosni Mubarak gets a fifth six-year term in office. Mubarak's long run has hinged on his fight against terrorism while bolstering the economy through tourism. By attacking a hotel, a market and a parking lot near bars and shops, terrorists apparently hope to undermine his progress on both fronts.

Middle East experts and diplomats in Washington foresee grim implications for Egypt and other pro-Western governments that terrorists may regard as insufficiently Muslim. The U.S. has been pushing Mubarak to democratize. But Wayne White, a former top Middle East expert in the State Department, predicts that the Egyptian government will let terrorists goad it into overreacting. In recent years, White says, authoritarian governments in the region became convinced that "if you loosen up, you're in trouble." More worrisome: one of the groups claiming responsibility for the blasts said it has ties to al-Qaeda. "It is part of a bigger project that entails confronting America and Israel and, after that, nonmilitant Arab regimes," says Egyptian political analyst Hala Mustafa. If al-Qaeda is moving back into a global operational mode, it would a be a blow to the Bush Administration, says former White House deputy homeland-security adviser Richard Falkenrath, because "we'd all come to believe that we had decimated the al-Qaeda leadership." --By Daniel Kadlec. Reported by Timothy J. Burger, Scott MacLeod, Elaine Shannon and Lindsay Wise

Egyptian militants kill tourists at Luxor

More than 60 people have been killed after an attack on a group of foreign tourists visiting a temple in southern Egypt.

The tourists' bus was fired on as they visited the temple of Hatshepsut, one of the main attractions in the town of Luxor in southern Egypt.

An Egyptian police spokesman said most of the dead were Swiss and Japanese tourists.

The spokesman said the six gunmen were killed in an ensuing two-hour gun battle with police.

According to initial figures released by Egypt's interior ministry, 57 tourists, a local guide and two policemen died in the attack.

Other reports say the number of people who have been killed could rise to 75 with up to 85 people injured.

An Islamic extremist group, the outlawed al-Gamaa al-Islamiya, is reported to have said it carried out the attack.

Tourists targeted

It came as 65 alleged members of the Islamic group went on trial in Cairo accused of conspiracy to murder.

Islamic militants have targeted tourists since beginning a campaign in 1992 to topple the government of Hosni Mubarak and set up a strict Islamic state.

Two months ago, nine Germans and an Egyptian driver were killed when gunmen opened fire on a bus in Cairo.

Two men have since been sentenced to death for the shootings.

Luxor, about 310 miles (500 km) south of Cairo, is visited by about two million tourists a year.

It has not previously been attacked by militants who have strongholds in other parts of southern Egypt.

In the past five years, attacks by militants have seen 34 foreign tourists killed and cost a total of more than a thousand lives.

Even their equivalent of Wogan was assisting them....

The Cairo bureau chief of TV channel al-Jazeera has been charged with false reporting and released on bail after more than a day in custody.

Police had questioned Hussein Abdel Ghani over his coverage of the Sinai bombs earlier this week.

The interior ministry said the journalist had falsely reported a blast in eastern Sharkia province.

"I'm fine but I have had hardly any sleep for the past 40 hours," the reporter told al-Jazeera by phone.

He was released on bail of 10,000 Egyptian pounds or $1,745 and charged with "propagating false news that can disturb national security and cause chaos", according to al-Jazeera.

A triple bombing of the Sinai resort of Dahab on Monday killed 18 people.

On Wednesday, two suicide bombers attacked security personnel and foreign peacekeepers at el-Gorah in the Sinai Peninsula, but did not cause any injuries.

'Inhumane'

The interior ministry said Mr Abdel Ghani's arrest concerned the false reporting of an explosion in Sharkia on Wednesday.

Hussein Abdel Ghani, seen in a recent photo

The reporter has denied the charges against him

A spokesman said: "[Hussein Abdel Ghani] said there were incidents in Sharkia and nothing happened. He's spreading confusion.

"When he said there was an explosion in Sharkia, leading everyone to ask about it, about something that didn't happen, where did he get that from?"

Before his release, Mr Abdel Ghani called the channel, saying he was speaking from the chief prosecutor's office in Cairo.

He denied the charge of "propagating false news".

Mr Abdel Ghani, who worked previously for the BBC's Arabic service and has reported for al-Jazeera from Cairo since 1997, said he was bundled into a van in Dahab and driven away.

"I was treated in a very inhumane way," he said.

A member of the Egyptian journalists' union, Gamal Fahmy, told AFP news agency: "We consider the arrest of the head of the al-Jazeera bureau to be an attack on press freedom in Egypt."

Al-Jazeera is watched by millions of Arab viewers but its reporters have been barred by a number of countries in the region.

Egypt has blamed local Bedouins linked to an Islamic militant group for the Dahab bombings.

'Suicide attacks'

In a separate development on Thursday, Egyptian Prime Minister Ahmed Nazif has said there are increasing indications that attack on Dahab was carried out by suicide bombers.

Mr Nazif told the BBC that the authorities were examining the remains of three bodies, which, he said, might be those of suicide bombers.

The prime minister also accused radical Islamists within the local Bedouin population of having carried out a series of bombings in the Sinai peninsula over the past 18 months.

He said the Bedouins of Sinai had been radicalised by unidentified people within Egypt - and that there was no evidence of financing or direct orders coming from militant organisations abroad, such as al-Qaeda.

Triple blasts rock Egypt resort

Egyptians inspect the devastation in Dahab following the triple-bombings

eyewitness accounts

At least 23 people - including three foreigners - have been killed and 62 wounded in three blasts in the Egyptian resort town of Dahab, officials say.

The explosions occurred in a bustling area popular with tourists during the early evening when many people would have been out in cafes and restaurants.

Eyewitnesses spoke of seeing debris and body parts in the streets.

Southern Sinai peninsula resorts have been hit before. About 60 people were killed in Sharm el-Sheikh last July.

Most of the dead were Egyptians, who had been enjoying a Spring holiday in Dahab when the attacks occurred. A German boy was among three foreigners killed.

Some officials were quoted as saying the attacks were the work of suicide bombers, but others said it was too early to say. There has been no immediate claim of responsibility.

There were lots of bodies around, people running with blood coming out of their faces

Australian tourist Owen Norris

Witnesses tell of horror

In pictures: Dahab blasts

UK condemns attacks

The attacks received swift international condemnation.

Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak called the explosions a "wicked terrorist act", and US President George W Bush described it as "heinous".

The Hamas-led Palestinian government said it "strongly condemns this criminal act which flouts our religion, shakes Palestinian national security and works against Arab interests".

Israel's ambassador in Cairo urged Israelis in Sinai to leave immediately, and a stream of Israeli cars were reportedly heading to the Israeli border at Taba by late evening.

'Like war'

The three explosions happened in quick succession at about 1900 (1700GMT) in what is a small, low-key resort popular with Western backpackers, budget Israeli tourists and scuba-divers.

Several restaurants, shops and a supermarket were destroyed in the main tourist street close to the seafront during one of the busiest times of the day.

ATTACKS ON EGYPT TOURISM

July 2005: Bombings in Sharm El-Sheikh kill 64, mostly tourists

April 2005: Two attacks on tourists in Cairo, leave three dead

October 2004: Bombings in Taba and Ras Shitan kill 34, including 12 Israelis

Nov 1997: Gunmen kill 58 tourists and three policemen at Hatshepsut temple in Luxor

Sept 1997: Nine German tourists killed in a bomb attack at Egyptian museum in Cairo

April 1996: Gunman kills 19 Greek tourists outside Cairo hotel

World reaction

Militants target tourists

A German doctor, who was holidaying in the town at the time, said a 10-year-old boy died in his arms as he went to the aid of the wounded.

"It was like war," Michael Hartlich told the AFP news agency, still shocked and upset several hours after the blasts. "I'd never seen anything like it before, a child, a baby, blood everywhere, the smell of burnt skin, of burnt hair."

The BBC's Mark Perrow in Dahab saw people sitting dazed near to where the explosions took place as police set up cordons.

The roads in and out of Dahab were being controlled by checkpoints and a virtual curfew existed overnight in the town, our correspondent says.

The emergency services were quickly on the scene, and many volunteers rushed to the town's small hospital to give blood.

The worst of the injured were driven 80 kilometres (50 miles) for treatment at Sharm el-Sheikh or flown on to the capital, Cairo.

Among the 62 wounded there were three Danes, three Britons, two Italians, two Germans, two French people, a South Korean, a Lebanese, a Palestinian, an American, an Israeli and an Australian.

Militant group

Dahab, which means gold in Arabic, lies on the coast of the Gulf of Aqaba, about 100 kilometres (65 miles) south of the border with Israel.

Map of Egypt

In July 2005, more than 60 people died in a bomb attack in the tourist area of the resort town of Sharm al-Sheikh, further south along the coast.

The BBC's Heba Saleh says the Egyptian authorities have uncovered a militant group active in the Sinai, but they have said very little about it.

The group is also thought to have been responsible for bombings in the resort of Taba in October 2004, when 34 people were killed.

etc etc etc if that's not much in recent years God help the innocents when they step it up.

I applaud nufc.com's stance on this issue, it's a nonsense. Mido is a typical cry wolf pc abusing bastard, he's played in 8 clubs in 7 countries and he's only 24 which proves what a cunt he is.

...As for Egypt being fairly modern, outside of Cairo there is hardly any infrastructure never mind anything else. More than half the country live in poverty, the GDP per capita is one third of other perceived countries like Libya, and virtually all of Eastern Europe and is third poorest of all the countries in the world who have a population over 50m, the country has an APPALLING human rights record, almost 70% of the country live in rural poor areas...now if that's a modern society, I think Zimbabwe would probably be happy staying as they are.

Egypt is a modern country, well it combines modern and ancient/traditional, and is actually the safest country in Africa imo. When you look at the country, you can understand why many live in poverty; 90% of the country is desert, and the major cities (Cairo and Alexandria) are way overpopulated, 80 million crammed into 3% of Egyptian land it is obvious they have a problem with urban sprawl.

Northern Egypt is quite exotic and modern and European like with skyscrapers, modern subway, hotels, restaurants and stores selling a lot of western gear. Middle Egypt is more leaning towards Arabic and Southern Egypt is African influenced. Visiting Egypt can be as safe as houses provided you meet up with ex-pats or travelers/backpackers like yourself and you're best avoiding going with tourist groups which are a scam, are targeted by terrorists and have a dodgy safety record when it comes to bus accidents which account for more fatalities than terrorist attacks incidentally. Respecting the values and customs while over there (moral laws) goes along way to having a great time with the locals as well as knowing a bit about the place first as the locals are quite a proud bunch.

But back to the topic of Mido; he is a pest, and all of this has been blown out of proportion imo.

Love how Stevie pulls up a few articles to slate a country.

I could use the attacks in London, the Baby-P story and the Suffolk murders to portray Britain as a bunch of terrorist, baby and prostitute murdering scumbags but I fear that it would be too easy.....

Edited by Sima

...As for Egypt being fairly modern, outside of Cairo there is hardly any infrastructure never mind anything else. More than half the country live in poverty, the GDP per capita is one third of other perceived countries like Libya, and virtually all of Eastern Europe and is third poorest of all the countries in the world who have a population over 50m, the country has an APPALLING human rights record, almost 70% of the country live in rural poor areas...now if that's a modern society, I think Zimbabwe would probably be happy staying as they are.

Egypt is a modern country, well it combines modern and ancient/traditional, and is actually the safest country in Africa imo. When you look at the country, you can understand why many live in poverty; 90% of the country is desert, and the major cities (Cairo and Alexandria) are way overpopulated, 80 million crammed into 3% of Egyptian land it is obvious they have a problem with urban sprawl.

Northern Egypt is quite exotic and modern and European like with skyscrapers, modern subway, hotels, restaurants and stores selling a lot of western gear. Middle Egypt is more leaning towards Arabic and Southern Egypt is African influenced. Visiting Egypt can be as safe as houses provided you meet up with ex-pats or travelers/backpackers like yourself and you're best avoiding going with tourist groups which are a scam, are targeted by terrorists and have a dodgy safety record when it comes to bus accidents which account for more fatalities than terrorist attacks incidentally. Respecting the values and customs while over there (moral laws) goes along way to having a great time with the locals as well as knowing a bit about the place first as the locals are quite a proud bunch.

But back to the topic of Mido; he is a pest, and all of this has been blown out of proportion imo.

Yup, remember to sexually harasses any woman you see, just to be polite. :birthday:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7593765.stm

I know it was 'banter', but it is racist, it's just putting 2 and 2 together.

If we didn't sing it, then obviously there'd be no controversy, and then we wouldn't of have the risk of getting punished (people banned, reduce in allocation etc).

It should of only been sung the first time (if any), but then we over-do it, and sing it the year after.

Love how Stevie pulls up a few articles to slate a country.

I could use the attacks in London, the Baby-P story and the Suffolk murders to portray Britain as a bunch of terrorist, baby and prostitute murdering scumbags but I fear that it would be too easy.....

Stevie's a cunt with obviously no education; living life in a veil of propaganda.

I know it was 'banter', but it is racist, it's just putting 2 and 2 together.

If we didn't sing it, then obviously there'd be no controversy, and then we wouldn't of have the risk of getting punished (people banned, reduce in allocation etc).

It should of only been sung the first time (if any), but then we over-do it, and sing it the year after.

Well that's one opinion, but why it is not racist/islamophobic/namecallingistophobicism (:birthday:) when other clubs fans do it (and do it first for that matter), or publications mention it?

(It's a completely stupid thing to do, though. With that I completely agree.)

Don't know if its been mentioned but there was a good point or two made in the local paper today. Basically pointing out that no other muslim players of any club, including Tuncay of the smogs playing at the same game, have had this stick from toon fans and that it is actually based around him looking like Richard Reid (the shoe bomber). Not defending the chants or saying they're right but pointing out too fans haven't got any history of doing it to other people and that it isn't a race issue.

Also the Mido is a paedo chant is lets be honest because it rhymes and because the smogs have historically had stick from us on that issue!

Yup, remember to sexually harasses any woman you see, just to be polite. :razz:

Hmmm, you demonstrate a talent for finding articles which denigrate one's society. Well done, applause for you, I can also do the same, and do it for every country on this planet if I wanted to. :(

I am not condoning the behaviour as described in the article though. Egypt and Egyptians are far from a perfect country or society. Women are expected to be modest in dress and manner- no flimsy attire or loud talking and laughing for example, and quite peculiarly, you don't see very many women in public places over there at all. This is quite obviously something which occurs in all non-secular Middle Eastern Muslim nations I would presume, although most Egyptians consider Egypt to be semi-secular. There are bars that serve alcohol over there (Northern Egypt), although you won't see any fundamentalists or women for that matter visiting those types of venues of course. :razz:

Yup, remember to sexually harasses any woman you see, just to be polite. :D

Hmmm, you demonstrate a talent for finding articles which denigrate one's society. Well done, applause for you, I can also do the same, and do it for every country on this planet if I wanted to. :(

I am not condoning the behaviour as described in the article though. Egypt and Egyptians are far from a perfect country or society. Women are expected to be modest in dress and manner- no flimsy attire or loud talking and laughing for example, and quite peculiarly, you don't see very many women in public places over there at all. This is quite obviously something which occurs in all non-secular Middle Eastern Muslim nations I would presume, although most Egyptians consider Egypt to be semi-secular. There are bars that serve alcohol over there (Northern Egypt), although you won't see any fundamentalists or women for that matter visiting those types of venues of course. :razz:

Truth is the truth, don't get upset because I'm well versed in it and you don't like it. :razz:

Yup, remember to sexually harasses any woman you see, just to be polite. :D

Truth is the truth, don't get upset because I'm well versed in it and you don't like it. :razz:

Upset?.. I wasn't upset at all. I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. How can I be upset by someone who in strong likelihood looks like this;

5.jpg

Edited by Ken

Yup, remember to sexually harasses any woman you see, just to be polite. :wub:

Upset?.. I wasn't upset at all. I'm sorry you interpreted it that way. How can I be upset by someone who in strong likelihood looks like this;

5.jpg

That still tells me so much about you. :D

His brief must've been an arsehole not to get him off

Pair appear in court over Mido chants:

Dec 10 2008 by Sam Beattie, Evening Gazette

A FOOTBALL fan who hurled racist abuse at Boro’s Egyptian star Mido has been slapped with a fine in court and banned for life from the Riverside Stadium.

Newcastle United fan Barry Norman Hutchinson tried to hide his face as he sprinted from Teesside Magistrates Court after being sentenced for the offensive taunts.

The FA today confirmed that Hutchinson will also be banned from Newcastle’s St James’ Park.

The 49-year-old, who went to the Middlesbrough v Newcastle derby game as a birthday present, admitted chanting “Mido, he has a bomb you know” and “Mido he’s a paedo” from the Riverside Stadium’s away end.

His son, Andrew Barry Hutchinson, 23, who watched the game on November 29 with his dad, denied the same charge.

Magistrates heard that Hutchinson senior, an avid Newcastle season ticket holder for the last 20 years, joined in with the chants after mishearing the lyrics.

“Essentially he thought the song referred to Mido having a ball as opposed to a bomb,” explained his mitigation lawyer, Chris Marley.

Fellow fans told him the chant implied Mido was a Muslim terrorist - and he joined in, the court heard.

Hutchinson, a yard supervisor from Silver Lonnen, Newcastle, was then arrested.

“During his time in custody he worried himself literally sick - physically sick - about the matter,” said Mr Marley. “He apologises profusely from the start for what he chanted.”

Hutchinson, a married man who has never been in trouble before, co-operated with police and pleaded guilty at the first opportunity.

It was, added Mr Marley, “completely and utterly out of character” for a man who “prides himself as getting on well with people from other nationalities”.

Urging magistrates not to impose a football banning order, which would bar Hutchinson from every football ground in the country, he said: “This is a man who’s followed Newcastle for in excess of 40 years. He’s had a season ticket for 20 years and he follows them home and away.”

The court was also told that the defendant fears the episode could cost him his job - he supervises ethnic minority workers.

Fining Hutchinson £270 with £45 costs, bench chairman Eric Toulims said: “Middlesbrough Football Club have a zero tolerance of racist abuse and these courts take these matters very seriously indeed.”

He added that magistrates considered imposing a banning order, but decided against it due to Hutchinson’s previously clean sheet and his remorse.

Dave Allan, media manager for Middlesbrough FC, said: “We are disappointed a banning order has not been issued in this case.

“It makes it very difficult for football clubs to have a robust anti-racism policy.

“Despite this setback we will continue to be vigorous and supportive of the police in tackling all discriminatory and anti-social behaviour. The club will also ban the individual concerned from the Riverside.”

An FA spokesman said: “The FA is disappointed that a football banning order was not imposed. It is important to send out a strong message that racist and discriminatory chanting is totally unacceptable. We welcome Newcastle United’s commitment to ban those convicted.”