Jeff Winter Website Q&A

Ayatollah Hermione

Hi Jeff, long time reader, first time contributer.

I loved the quote in your autobiography about your final match at Anfield (the one where you claim the supporters were saluting you, not their team, at the end of the game).

As much as I'd love to think it was a piece of comedy genius on your part, I can't help but think that maybe you actually believed it and are in fact a completely self obsessed wanker.

I'd be greatful if you could put my mind at ease you Smoggy beast.

Cheers

Jeff's reply

Thanks Oscar for your sincere thoughts. It was actually a p iss take on my behalf but unfortunately many of the f ucking idiots out there believed that I really thought that was what was happening.

Hope that my response settles your mind and you can now die a contented man.

Best wishes

Jeff

and...

Jeff, Darren Wearmouth really thinks he could knack you. What do you have to say about that?

Jeff's reply

I am shitting myself, who the fuck is Darren Wearmouth?

GSIF responds:

He's a Mackem, has a face like a scalded bollock and is about three foot tall. I personally reckon you could banjo the fucker.

Jeff's reply

Bring him on then. Ha ha.

http://www.jeffwinterentertainmentandmedia...ers/0708000.htm

Jeff

First time on your site, I was directed here through the ever brilliant Football 365 (although their remarks about you were rather disparaging so I wouldn't bother reading it if I were you).

Anyway, my question is one that might have come up before, I don't know, I haven't checked all entries.

How were you allowed to referee Premiership matches when you are clearly an avid Boro fan?

I don't mean that in disrespectful way to Boro, and I understand that you'd obviously never be allowed to ref one of their matches, but surely it presents a conflict of interest?

If you were reffing for example Arsenal v Bolton near the end of the season and Bolton (along with Boro) were candidates for the drop, isn't there a conflict of interest because you'd be inclined to help Arsenal overcome Bolton which in turn would do Boro a favour?

I'm sure you'll say that you'd be impartial but I always believed that Premiership refs were never die hard fans of Premiership teams.

Dan

Jeff's reply

Hi Dan

I don't worry what people say about me - I was a ref, so I never aimed for popularity!!

Anyway, the thoughts of immature people who pass comments behind the security of a computer screen and choose just to make personal comments rather than pose sensible queries are not worth bothering about.

Your points are worthy of reply. You are 100% correct, a ref would be impartial, although that would not debar him from the conspiracy theories. That is why you never ref your own team or a team very close to where you live. It is also why the authorities do not appoint you to games such as your example.

Therefore the problem never arises.

Best Wishes

Jeff

Except when you refereed Newcastle you filthy smoggy twat.

Is that a goatee or a face mask?

Is that a red card you're holding up or is it your Geiger counter going off the scale?

What the fuck were those trainers you had on during Soccer AM, christ Shannon Matthews has classier clobber.

Edited by Happy Face

Clicked on a random other month for his letters, and here's two from the same month...

Hi Dale

I don't hate NUFC mate. Obviously as a Boro supporter I want us to be top dogs in the north-east but I would rather us be top in a battle for Europe than top in a three way relegation battle. I think the article you have sent me is excellent and I will include it on my web site.

I fear though for more humiliation for the supporters of NUFC. KK will not be messed about and it would not surprise me if he walks sooner rather than later.

It seems to be no secret that the owner is actively trying to sell the club and that perhaps the offer of a bottomless pit of cash may not materialize.

KK sounded really pissed off that Jonathan Woodgate would not be signing for the club. I understand that perhaps KK did not get the support he wanted there.

One thing is for sure, that whilst the plight of the club may cause amusement to the Mackems and even Boro fans, the loyal supporters of NUFC do deserve better.

Best Wishes

Jeff

Hi Mark

I wish I had a pound for every time I have been asked this question.

Yes Boro were struggling injury wise, yet they did win when the game was eventually played. Conspiracy? Maybe. But not my fault.

My job was simply to say if the pitch was playable. It was and I said so!

The game was called off because the safety people said that the approach roads etc were dangerous. So not my fault. But you know those Geordies, they never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

The following Tuesday I was asked to inspect before the Boro Reserves played Newcastle reserves. I was getting grief over the first team game so I said again that the pitch was playable. When the match referee turned up, he put the game off. The daft thing was that the weather had got better by then.

Still, the end result was that I did nowt wrong and the Boro beat the Geordies so it was a good result all round.

I hope they enjoy Sam's entertaining Route One football!

Best wishes

Jeff

where's that wanker smilie again?

Edited by GafferTape

this still pisses me off to this day.

He called off the game 48 hours in advance, there was no snow/ice fuck all by the saturday.

Jeff Winter/Boro whoever cheated plain and simple, but because we never complain about fuck all nothing was done about it

He called off the game 48 hours in advance, there was no snow/ice fuck all by the saturday.

Jeff Winter/Boro whoever cheated plain and simple, but because we never complain about fuck all nothing was done about it

Geremi was class that neet, I was in the Boro end. Re: Winter why the fuck does a fat smoggie bastard like him support Rangers, and go to Orange order meetings?? Cos he's a fat bigotted bastard that's why, don't be fooled by his half witty retorts he;'s a fat useless bigotted no doubt racist smoggie cunt.

and...

Jeff, Darren Wearmouth really thinks he could knack you. What do you have to say about that?

Jeff's reply

I am shitting myself, who the fuck is Darren Wearmouth?

GSIF responds:

He's a Mackem, has a face like a scalded bollock and is about three foot tall. I personally reckon you could banjo the fucker.

Jeff's reply

Bring him on then. Ha ha.

http://www.jeffwinterentertainmentandmedia...ers/0708000.htm

:razz:

Geremi was class that neet, I was in the Boro end. Re: Winter why the fuck does a fat smoggie bastard like him support Rangers, and go to Orange order meetings?? Cos he's a fat bigotted bastard that's why, don't be fooled by his half witty retorts he;'s a fat useless bigotted no doubt racist smoggie cunt.

I see the irony-bot has hacked Stevie's account again.....

Edited by Sima

Mongo with nothing to say. Why bother? :razz:

Explains his skin tone anyway.

Explains his skin tone anyway.

ahahahah aye. DOB. I've seen him write he loves what the club has always stood for, what's that 100 years of bigotry and sectarianism. It's hard to believe not one catholic played for Rangers in the modern era, till 1989. That club is rotten to the core, and the other one aren't much better.

I reckon Winter meant what 'he' wrote in his 'auto'biography at the time like. It's just because it's been ridiculed so often since then that he reckons it was a piss-take.

I reckon Winter meant what 'he' wrote in his 'auto'biography at the time like. It's just because it's been ridiculed so often since then that he reckons it was a piss-take.

No doubt about it, he's probably read it back and thought I can see why people think I'm a tool with this comment, and trying to cover it up with a line about it being a moment of comedy, a self-piss take. There's no way he wrote it in that context. "The roar was louder, more intense, it was like they knew it was my last game, scousers are so knowledgable I wouldn't put it past them." :razz:

What is a smoggie ref who was largely a poor ref, doing trying to become a mini-celebrity? I've heard of Z list, but you need a new letter for him.

Mongo with nothing to say. Why bother? :razz:

It's still logged in then?

What do you think you personally bring to this message board?

Is this a job interview? For your carer?

You're so boring. Nobody will laugh at that, even in sympathy for you. With you it's just a classic case of when someone says "the kids a dick, he's not going to change, he'll die a dick." Do you agree or do you think you're a good lad in your heart, or are you full aware of what you are?

You're so boring. Nobody will laugh at that, even in sympathy for you. With you it's just a classic case of when someone says "the kids a dick, he's not going to change, he'll die a dick." Do you agree or do you think you're a good lad in your heart, or are you full aware of what you are?

To be fair like I do yearn for the kudos of a bunch of faceless randoms on an internet messageboard. If it wasn't for you being the epitomé of trying too hard I normally wouldn't bother.

Good work on not filling your post with the usual expletives though. You might be turning a corner :razz:

To be fair like I do yearn for the kudos of a bunch of faceless randoms on an internet messageboard. If it wasn't for you being the epitomé of trying too hard I normally wouldn't bother.

Good work on not filling your post with the usual expletives though. You might be turning a corner :razz:

Rather predictably, you can't answer a straight question about yourself, it's like you're embarrassed, classic defence mechanism.

Jeff's reply

Hi Dan

I don't worry what people say about me - I was a ref, so I never aimed for popularity!!

Anyway, the thoughts of immature people who pass comments behind the security of a computer screen and choose just to make personal comments rather than pose sensible queries are not worth bothering about

Best Wishes

Jeff

Stevie??