Kris Boyd

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gutted to be honest if by goes, just a goalscorer, scores all kinds of goals, headers,6 yard box,penaltys,free kicks,long range strikes, volleys, you name it hes scored it. 20 goals in rangers last 21 games, 24 goals off henrik larssons all time celtic league record and hes only around 24 and for 3 million is a fuckin steal :)

+ to up above what are you on about 30 goals in all competitions :( ?

Just thought id add that hes 7th so far in the race for the golden boot :)http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/intlige.../artikel/501472

Edited by Ferguson_6

lol did you just fucking bring up scoring goals in the SPL and compare it the likes of scoring goals in non shite leagues where they don't travel to Gretna and c-thistle?

your right! Jesus he's ahead of David Villa, fuck me best kept secret that table!

he must be good...

i really wish they'd let celtic and rangers join an english league, going from drawing with the likes of dundee to getting trounced by reading :(

the SPL where below average players are stars, and former average players go to retire

I never said anywhere hes better than villa, i said hes 7th in the race for the golden boot which is fact also Henrik Larsson was this great world class player, fuck me boydy's already overtaking him :) Boyd his a goal machine you put it in the box to his feet he'll 8/10 put it in the net.

I wish theyd let us join too so we could start gettin some money in to actualy buy players, you get 2 million for winnin the spl which fuckin pennys and you get 30 million for getting relegated from the prem and we still manage to compete and get to the latter stages of europe :)

The spl is where we buy players for pennys and make players from our youth system where we make names for them, put them on the big european stage eg alan hutton, boumsong and carlos cuellar and soon to be Maghid Bougherra

Edited by Ferguson_6

I like the fact your bringing up Henrik Larsson all the time

he scored goals, he also won about 5 trophies and 4 league titles doing it.

How many has Boyd won for being just as clinical again? the two cups thats about it isn't it?

then went on to win 3 more trophies in spain and the european cup in the twilight of his career

Henrik Larsson was a good player in a bad league

Boyd is an average player in a bad league

Larsson is a good player better all round than boyd. im just making the point that boyd isnt as bad as you make out as if he stays will break larssons record within the year.

Boyd is a top quality goalscorer in a bad league :(

He's got a reputation for doing fuck all except scoring.

Sounds like a certain former Liverpool, Real Madrid and England striker I can think of.

I dont think Owen has scored 20 goals in a season in his career has he!?

19 is his best so I recall and that was some time ago.

Guest Stevie

He's complete wank. Toon fan according to a 2003 interview as well. Mendes is the only one from that league I'd be comfortable about taking.

aye he never managed it, makes ya wonder how he won the euro player of the year and shearer didn't

Because of the calibre of player Shearer was fighting with for it at the time.

He's scored 18 league goals twice in the PL iirc. Although both times that made him joint top scorer in the PL as well. Presumably he's got more than 20 in all comps on at least one occasion. Getting back to what you said previously, I actually think (used in the right way - like the deeper role KK gave him) there actually is more to his game than 'just' goals. I can't help thinking that's a bit academic as far as NUFC is concerned though.

He's scored 18 league goals twice in the PL iirc. Although both times that made him joint top scorer in the PL as well. Presumably he's got more than 20 in all comps on at least one occasion. Getting back to what you said previously, I actually think (used in the right way - like the deeper role KK gave him) there actually is more to his game than 'just' goals. I can't help thinking that's a bit academic as far as NUFC is concerned though.

He scored 38 in 01/02 (including England games)

He's got a reputation for doing fuck all except scoring. About 20 or 30 a season.

A bit like "world class" Owen then? ;)

Do you still rate Taylor btw? B):icon_lol:

He's got a reputation for doing fuck all except scoring. About 20 or 30 a season.

Still young. He'd probably further his career a lot better away from this circus though.

Still young. He'd probably further his career a lot better away from this circus though.

100 games for the first team man.

100 games for the first team man.

Adams was labeled a donkey for years. Then he came on as a player. Players mature at different ages. I guess time will tell who is correct. But for my arguments sake i reckon he needs to leave the toon. :icon_lol:

Guest Stevie
I hate Celtic and Rangers. Pair of dullard clubs with a vast majority of knobheed fans, who think that beating one other team to win a trophy constitutes a major achievement.

That is all.

Absolutely. I was thinking about this, and in real terms as a football club, not a religious propaganda machine, if you take that bile away, we are bigger football club than both. Particularly with Rangers FC, over many generations, the no catholic rule in my opinion was a clever but sinister marketing tool, which endeared the club to Protestants in Ulster and Presbyterians throughout Scotland, and it's almost a mirror image with Celtic. I agree most are nobheads, but I do actually know some from both sides who are alright. We should be bigger in fairness we have a bigger natural catchment area than both within 15 miles, and it's reflected by the fact we were averaging in the high 50,000's at points in our history, while it took the 90's boom before either club had even averaged over 40,000 (in their entire history). If you're born in to that world though you will have a completely warped view of your self importance in the world. 51 league titles means fuck all in my opinion when the 3rd-6th biggest clubs in the country would probably be among the smallest in the Championship.

Absolutely. I was thinking about this, and in real terms as a football club, not a religious propaganda machine, if you take that bile away, we are bigger football club than both. Particularly with Rangers FC, over many generations, the no catholic rule in my opinion was a clever but sinister marketing tool, which endeared the club to Protestants in Ulster and Presbyterians throughout Scotland, and it's almost a mirror image with Celtic. I agree most are nobheads, but I do actually know some from both sides who are alright. We should be bigger in fairness we have a bigger natural catchment area than both within 15 miles, and it's reflected by the fact we were averaging in the high 50,000's at points in our history, while it took the 90's boom before either club had even averaged over 40,000 (in their entire history). If you're born in to that world though you will have a completely warped view of your self importance in the world. 51 league titles means fuck all in my opinion when the 3rd-6th biggest clubs in the country would probably be among the smallest in the Championship.

Rangers have had Roman Catholics in the side throughout their history.

The part about average attendances is nonsense. Rangers were averaging 40k+ in the '50's.

Newcastle's average attendances, the odd spike apart, have been lower than Rangers throughout the clubs histories. Rangers post war attendances have never dipped below 25'000 (unless during ground reconstruction) whereas Newcastles has been to almost 15'000 at times. Rangers record attendance os 119'000, (twice at Ibrox) Newcastles is 68'000-odd.

The part about quality of opposition is indisputable, but it is a testament to the draw of both OF clubs (possibly as a result of the Scottish and Irish diasporas) that they outmatch most other clubs in terms of support base in the English speaking world. By support I mean regualr viewers, members of supporters clubs etc, not yanks in replica kits.

I apologise for my part in turning this into a mini-Rangers board. I came here to discuss Newcastle as my 2nd team, but I'm a pedant and can't let inaccuracies go unchallenged. ;)