Where's the catch?

Snake

It's obvious that the witch is trying to wind Allardyce up so he and his team try even harder to beat NUFC this saturday. Not that they'll have to try very hard.

Didn't think about that tbh. But who will have to try hard against a side who play a winger at LB, a centre half at RB and Xisco up front? :devil:

Fat Sam still in denial.

Allardyce - No regrets

Big Sam ready to return to St James' Park

Last updated: 16th January 2009

NEWCASTLE STATS:

Allardyce

26 points from 63 (41.27%)

Keegan

21 points from 57 (36.84%)

Kinnear

19 points from 48 (39.58%)

Allardyce, who took over at Blackburn in December, makes his first trip to St James' Park after leaving the club following an eight-month spell in charge between May 2007 and January 2008.

The former Bolton boss was shown the door by owner Mike Ashley after gaining only one point from a possible six against struggling Wigan and Derby sides over the festive period one year ago.

Allardyce's tenure was, therefore, perceived by many as unsuccessful, but he insists that he has no regrets when comparing his record of 26 points from a possible 63 to that of his successors Kevin Keegan (21 points from 57) and Joe Kinnear (19 points from 48).

He said in The Sun: "My question is, why should I get any stick? Newcastle had 26 points when I was sacked and we were 11th.

"There seems to be a perception put about that I did a bad job - even though, in our first 10 games, we had the best start for a decade.

"If you look at Kevin's and Joe's record I think mine stands up against theirs.

"My time there was not a disaster like some people make it out to be. The first 10 games were a big bonus for me. It was a really good achievement.

"I had changed the vast majority of the playing and the backroom staff. And those backroom people are all still employed throughout the leagues, many in the Premier League.

"They are very good at what they do. I chose the right staff for Newcastle and I don't think I have to justify myself."

Edit: Just noticed Sky forgetting that the game is actually at Ewood.

Edited by ewerk