Dublin

paddy

am off to Dublin next weekend, does anyone know of any good bars that will be showing the game ?? also can anyone give me good ideas for watering holes and scran shops

There was an alright sports themed bar near the Temple Bar area (I think, woman's sense of direction remember), that was decent for football.

Nice place, be prepared to spend a fortune though.

Oh and Charlies II (chinese) FTW re late night food.

HOLY SWEET JESUS £5

ages since i last went as most my mums family are from Dunlagoire (sp) but we have works piss up weekend planned so should be good craic

i think its the ballsbridge hotel

bit out of the centre then,

basically if you were at St Stephens green as like a central point, temple bar and all that is one direction, Ballsbridge is the other direction out near the RDS arena don't think there is much out that way apart from some hotels and a business district

you'll be taxiing :(, i've walked from that area before takes a fair bit i wouldn't bother lol.

sport wise they'll all have boards up outside the bars of what they're showing, if theres international rugby on a lot will opt for it over the footy though.

if your looking to goto a restaurant in dublin it's a bit of a nightmare most nights, long waits or booking way in advance.

Drink is going to cost you a small fortune though

especially Pints of cider like Bulmers, it can be a good 1.50euro more than beer, if you drink shorts though it won't be as bad, about the same as a pint and we have bigger legal measure than england.

But pub grub is normally nice enough and not to expensive

we normally stay in christchurch, it's just beside temple bar and is a short walk from most things, been in a few bars round there for food like The Mercantile it's decent enough.

been to Messrs. Maguires just down from O'Connell bridge a few times for footy/rugby and some drink/food and it was grand

it's down to the left of this club called The Q Bar (big windows tall building poserish type place)

but Messrs. Maguires has it's own microbrewery sells in-house beer etc and food in it was nice enough.

if were drinking in temple bar we tend to goto a place called The Mezzanine, kinda of like a normal bar but over three floors with live music on every night, normally some sort of jazz blues or soul, bottom floor was like indie/rock and such last time i was there

not your typical temple bar place with paying in and uptight bouncers etc..

But if it's late on and your near Christchurch/temple bar, basically walk up one of the side streets towards dame street

(if your in temple bar get to the big square and walk left up a side street it's all up hill) and goto Ricks Burgers

best burgers ever trust me...

2527589380027276955ytcpyt9.jpg

holy grail of late night drinking food lol

beats the hell out of wish u were here!! cheers Ant