Sir John's Dream

donaldstott

Thinking about it, for a nano-second, is there even eleven decent Geordies playing anywhere that you could fashion a team out of, the only good player I can think of is Carrick (and he was doon sooth so long he probably qualifies as a cockney more than a geordie)

Edited by Toonpack

I think he was born literally a mile over the English border (in Cheshire iirc). I think he went to school in Wales though.

He was born in Hawarden IIRC, which is technically North Wales - although it's little more than a stones throw from Chester. His parents are English born I think. They must have registered him at the Chester office for Births/Deaths etc.

Edit: I was sort of right. I quick look on Wikipedia shows he lived in Hawarden but was born in Chester.

Edited by maggiespaws

I think he was born literally a mile over the English border (in Cheshire iirc). I think he went to school in Wales though.

He was born in Hawarden IIRC, which is technically North Wales - although it's little more than a stones throw from Chester. His parents are English born I think. They must have registered him at the Chester office for Births/Deaths etc.

Edit: I was sort of right. I quick look on Wikipedia shows he lived in Hawarden but was born in Chester.

Actually, you were wrong and I was right :rolleyes: Went to same school as Gary Speed iirc.

Edited by alex

Actually, you were wrong and I was right :rolleyes: Went to same school as Gary Speed iirc.

:crying: clever bastid

Edit: (see bold bit) So you read the Wiki page too then :help:

Useless fact: My brother lives in the village of Ewloe. Has seen MO's Dad a few times in one of the village pubs. Apparently MO sometimes comes in with him.

Edited by maggiespaws

Actually, you were wrong and I was right :crying: Went to same school as Gary Speed iirc.

:help: clever bastid

:rolleyes:

Thinking about it, for a nano-second, is there even eleven decent Geordies playing anywhere that you could fashion a team out of, the only good player I can think of is Carrick (and he was doon sooth so long he probably qualifies as a cockney more than a geordie)

I thought that I would be able to fashion something but alas no...

Harper

Steve Watson - Stevie Taylor - Chris Armstrong

Cheryl Cole - Carrick

Andy Carroll -

Harper

Cheryl Cole - Carrick

Andy Carroll -

I bet Cheryl Curl has a few 'assists' to her name.

Harper

Cheryl Cole - Carrick

Andy Carroll -

I bet Cheryl Curl has a few 'assists' to her name.

Canny dribbler like

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Is in tatters... But our Scouser XI is coming along nicely...

Nolan

Taylor

Barton

Guthrie

Owen

Give it a couple of seasons and it could happen, not quite in the way he imagined it though.

no, there isnt enough fields for the kids to play out on these days supposedly , and thats why the field next to the training ground has horses in since the toon bought darnsley , a field that had 2/3* 11 a side amateur games going all thru the summer , when we were kicked off what the toon now call there training ground that is .

grass roots footie and coaching in the region is piss poor , we are outclassed by smogland for gods sake !!