Reading / Leeds festival 2009

Douggy B

Tickets go on sale @ 7pm tonight.

Rumours are (Reading)

Friday: KOL Sat: Arctics Sun: Radiohead.

Festival of the year last year.

Anybody getting tickets?

Edited by Danny B

Is likely to take a stronger shift towards the indie side of stuff this year, in an attempt to distance itself from Download and this new Sonisphere festival.

I'd say Arctic Monkeys are big enough to headline though, they headlined Glasto in '07 IIRC, and turned down headlining reading and leeds in 06; there aren't many indie bands that have sold more records, or been more talked about over the last 3-4 years.

I saw Arctic Monkeys on the main stage at Paleo Festival in Switzerland and they were one of the worst bands I've seen live. Totally uninterested, bland, no encore. Didn't even speak to the crowd. Wouldn't pay to see them at Reading.

Bowling For Soup are going, but I've already got my tickets for Paleo again. I'll see them live on their next tour instead. <_<

The ticket prices are obscene. £175 plus £7 booking. It's making think about pick one day.

Is there normally a non-camping option? I live in Reading and you wouldn't catch me in a tent for all the blah blah blah.

Fuck me, Glastonbury was £125 when I last went in 2005. £175 for Leeds?! <_<

http://www.nme.com/gallery/photo_gallery__...e-up/123528/1/1

Kings of Leon

Kaiser Chiefs

Placebo

Fall Out Boy

Arctic monkeys

Prodigy

Maximo Park

Radiohead

Bloc Party

Vampire Weekend

Brand New

Glasvegas

Gossip

Friendly Fires

Florence and The Machines

Gallows

Jamie T

White Lies

Gaslight Anthem

AFI

Don't think i'll be going to that <_<

There's two or three bands on there I would see but I don't think I'm going to go to all the effort at to getting a ticket for £175 <_<

Apart from Radiohead there's nobody I have seen before that's worth making a massive effort for.

Another disappointment then :icon_lol:

gondo-je-sladky-r.gif

Looking forward to Ian Brown. Loads of people slated the lineup last year and it turned out to be the festival of the year. Weekend tickets sold out by 9pm for Reading.

Should be good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/readingandleeds/2008/...vampireweekend/

Vampire Weekend at Reading last year (radio 1 tent). Proof positive that Ant is full of shit.

Absolutly nothing wrong with the Arctics either.

yeah your right your radio1 link containing 34seconds is better than me being 6ft away from them against the railings for their entire set... :icon_lol: my opinions valid thanks

Ant's seen nearly every band on that flyer and quite a few of them more than once

and there is alot wrong with the arctics, them being shite is a big part of that "i bet you look good on the dance floor" give me a break pity ya didn't sound decent on my stereo <_<

Vampire weekends album is great, one of my fav from last year, they were crap live.

Chili peppers, another one of my favourite bands, seen them in 2006, was so bored I walked off and thankfully watched sigur ros instead, just because you like a few tracks doesn't mean they will be any use live.

if you wanted to see a bouncy band last summer putting on a good show and had one of those "summer single" hits, you went to see mgmt =) vampire weekend were boring

Mate I was their at Reading last year at they were far but boring, they were brilliant. Chilli peppers can be hit or miss but get them on a good day and they are fucking brilliant. Its the same for a lot of bands.

Why are you talking about yourself in the 3rd person? I never thought anyone on here would actually aspire to be FOP, no mtter how much of a cock they were.

guess you haven't seen many decent bands if you thought they were "far from boring" any chance you think the killers were good live and all?

seen the chili peppers twice, were crap both times thankfully the pixies were there one of those days to keep me sane, Anthony Kedis almost ruined a perfect day the 2nd time which included the world cup final in 2006 by being a knob.

no idea, why are you talking on here at all building up more posts than a regular poster who has been here just as long,

clearly obsessed <_<

I'm not a massive killers fan and to be honest by the time they came on I was pissed out of my head.

Massive fan of the cribs live, if you argue with that, I know you are less cool than Fop. Stop deflecting by the way.

guess you haven't seen many decent bands if you thought they were "far from boring" any chance you think the killers were good live and all?

seen the chili peppers twice, were crap both times thankfully the pixies were there one of those days to keep me sane, Anthony Kedis almost ruined a perfect day the 2nd time which included the world cup final in 2006 by being a knob.

no idea, why are you talking on here at all building up more posts than a regular poster who has been here just as long,

clearly obsessed <_<

I'm not a massive killers fan and to be honest by the time they came on I was pissed out of my head.

Massive fan of the cribs live, if you argue with that, I know you are less cool than Fop. Stop deflecting by the way.

never seen them live, but the fact they feature heavily with nme doesn't do them any favours with me these days, that magazine puts my head away.

i'm much more cool than fop

he's not Irish for a start that already gives me the edge

Why do you support Newcastle rather than say Shelbourne or Cork City or at least Celtic? At least you would hace some affiliation with your club.

clearly obsessed <_<

never seen them live, but the fact they feature heavily with nme doesn't do them any favours with me these days, that magazine puts my head away.

i'm much more cool than fop

he's not Irish for a start that already gives me the edge

Why do you support Newcastle rather than say Shelbourne or Cork City or at least Celtic? At least you would hace some affiliation with your club.

Now whose deflecting

how would i have more affiliation with clubs from places I don't live in comparison to this one?

corks about as close to me as newcastle is

infact i'd say newcastle is closer, corks over 250miles away

anyways off to bed danny, i shall leave you to your boring tired wum banter in a thread about music ZzZzZzZzZz

DannyB 2500+ posts on a newcastle utd forum in less than a year... but not obsessed :icon_lol:

Potatoes. Po-ta-toes

Radiohead <_<

The 3 headliners are good, the rest looks a bit shit.

if you think the arctic monkeys are good but also like radiohead......your taste worries me

the sunday is by far the best day, Radiohead, yeah yeah yeahs, and bloc party are all excellent, and all great live esp the last two

and aye vampire weekend aren't a great festival band.. seen them in a marquee tent at oxegen before and even then it wasn't great

got tickets for the eagles of death metal on Wednesday night

But it's his taste aye? So why should it worry you? Opinions and all that....

IMO, Saturday looks brilliant... Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Ian Brown and The Courteeners!

Radiohead <_<

The 3 headliners are good, the rest looks a bit shit.

if you think the arctic monkeys are good but also like radiohead......your taste worries me

the sunday is by far the best day, Radiohead, yeah yeah yeahs, and bloc party are all excellent, and all great live esp the last two

and aye vampire weekend aren't a great festival band.. seen them in a marquee tent at oxegen before and even then it wasn't great

got tickets for the eagles of death metal on Wednesday night

But it's his taste aye? So why should it worry you? Opinions and all that....

IMO, Saturday looks brilliant... Arctic Monkeys, Maximo Park, Ian Brown and The Courteeners!

Saw courteeners in a small venue a couple of months back, they were excellent. Have you got St Jude?

Got my weekend ticket. From those announced, I'll probably give Eagles of Death Metal a watch and then stay on the main stage from Maximo Park onwards on the Friday. I like the Arctics, hate me. Plus, their new stuff is pretty heavy. I'll watch from Vampire Weekend onwards on the Saturday and Radiohead should be suitably epic and I'll try and catch The Gaslight Anthem. Sunday doesn't do much for me so I'll either be recovering from heavy drinking in a tent somewhere or seeing the other stages. Holding out for some heavier stuff on the other stages though. I expected nothing but bland indie stuff on the NME Stage but the Dance and unknowns stage should hopefully have some good stuff. Holding out hope for Silversun Pickups since their albums are outstanding. A pipe dream to hope for Wolf Parade but holding out some hope.

Edited by Stiva