Official Jimbo's TV Confirmation: Alan Shearer: Manager of Newcastle United

Jimbo

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"It's a club I love and I don't want them to go down. I'll do everything I can to stop that," Shearer told BBC Sport.

"It's a tough, tough situation that the club is in. I believe I can help the club. There is a nucleus of good players that can get the club out of trouble.

"There are very, very good players that are just lacking in confidence.

"We are going to need every ounce of effort from the players and the supporters. The supporters are well renowned and I know they won't let us down.

"I'm looking no further than the eight game spell. Joe Kinnear is in charge. He is recovering well and we wish him well but I am here for eight games only."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7975700.stm

;)

Edited by Happy Face

Managing director Derek Llambias said: "Everyone at Newcastle United is absolutely delighted that Alan has taken on this challenge.

"Already there is a buzz around the club and the city. The news has given everyone a massive boost."

[bBC]

;)

"It's a club I love and I don't want them to go down. I'll do everything I can to stop that," Shearer told BBC Sport.

"It's a tough, tough situation that the club is in. I believe I can help the club. There is a nucleus of good players that can get the club out of trouble.

"There are very, very good players that are just lacking in confidence.

"We are going to need every ounce of effort from the players and the supporters. The supporters are well renowned and I know they won't let us down.

"I'm looking no further than the eight game spell. Joe Kinnear is in charge. He is recovering well and we wish him well but I am here for eight games only."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/7975700.stm

;)

If he's any good he'll take it full time. Nailed on.

Seems to me he's covering his back/

"8 Games and 8 Games only".

Am I missing something? ;)

Shearer's quote at the end of that BBC interview, made is sound that Kinnear was coming back when fit.

Shearer's quote at the end of that BBC interview, made is sound that Kinnear was coming back when fit.

Just listened to it... maybe i'm clutching a bit but I'm reading it as they've committed to the 8 games and 8 games only. Just prior to that in the interview he mentions that he should be asked if he's staying on once the 8 games are out of the way.

Aside from anything else, I think it's a sensitive situation to talk about the long-term replacement a manager who is on sick leave.

One thing about Shearer is that he plays his cards close to his chest - I'm almost convinced he'll be staying regardless of the outcome this season.

Just listened to it... maybe i'm clutching a bit but I'm reading it as they've committed to the 8 games and 8 games only. Just prior to that in the interview he mentions that he should be asked if he's staying on once the 8 games are out of the way.

Aside from anything else, I think it's a sensitive situation to talk about the long-term replacement a manager who is on sick leave.

One thing about Shearer is that he plays his cards close to his chest - I'm almost convinced he'll be staying regardless of the outcome this season.

If you think back to when he initially said he was retiring, he made it very clear that was it, only for S*****s to talk him round.