This is what relegation scraps are like....

Asprilla

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Blackburn is distinctive enough to have characteristics the entire country should be aware of...

You meant large enough. Your city is bigger than our town, I wouldn't say that's something to be proud or ashamed of..

Anyway I don't wish to take this discussion away further from the football, because as a Blackburn fan that's definitely where I'm in winning territory on here :aye:

And if we talk about the places themselves we are.

Our small crowds are down to our small population and massive density of other clubs, together with two world footballing giants in Man U and Liverpool. There's the three of you in the entire North East of England, and in terms of success none of you are even English footballing giants let alone world footballing giants.

You're aware that Newcastle's not exactly a sprawling metropolis aren't you? Once you're outside the city, you're pretty much looking at a fanbase of livestock. :aye:

A quick look at Wiki tells me Newcastle itself is 270k, Boro is 140k and Sunderland is 180k. It also says there's 2.5 million people in the North East of England. You may not be quite as big a club as you think you are but you are the biggest club in the region and there's a lot of people up for grabs. We're bordered by towns with Premiership/Championship sides and have Liverpool and Man U in reasonably close vicinity. Trust me if you had those two clubs within 40 miles of you (instead of Sunderland), your support would be noticeably lower.

I wouldn't say you play much football at all tbh :scratchhead:

Like I said, we've scored more goals than you every season since 04-05. Passing the ball prettily with little end product isn't good football at all, I'd rather see my team score goals.

I don't think Blackburn is distinctive enough to have characteristics the entire country should be aware of...

You meant large enough. Your city is bigger than our town, I wouldn't say that's something to be proud or ashamed of..

Anyway I don't wish to take this discussion away further from the football, because as a Blackburn fan that's definitely where I'm in winning territory on here :aye:

Of course a city's gonna have more to it than a town :scratchhead: Bit of a no brainer really..

I thought we were meant to be the stupid ones. Not saying we haven't got a bigger pull than Blackburn - we obviously have - but it's not like you wouldn't have loads of people from Blackburn supporting Liverpool and Man Utd even if you were to move it to the other end of the country, is it? They're fans of those clubs because they're glory hunters (by and large), not because it's within 50 miles of the places. You see plenty kids walking around the North East with Chelsea tops on.

Of course a city's gonna have more to it than a town :scratchhead: Bit of a no brainer really..

Quite.

Here man, 'two left clogs' or whatever you're called, people on here dont like Allardyce, whether rightly or wrongly, thats their perogative.

However, the fans never called for his head and in his last away game he had 5000 away fans singing him encouragement "Big Sam's Black and White army" despite the fact that the football was utter bilge. I watched you's on sunday against Wigan and despite the fact that your second goal was basic cheating, you still managed to look far better than we did under him, for whatever reason.

Well done you lot.

Trust me if you had those two clubs within 40 miles of you (instead of Sunderland), your support would be noticeably lower.

What on earth makes you think geography has anything to do with gloryhunting? :aye:

I thought we were meant to be the stupid ones. Not saying we haven't got a bigger pull than Blackburn - we obviously have - but it's not like you wouldn't have loads of people from Blackburn supporting Liverpool and Man Utd even if you were to move it to the other end of the country, is it? They're fans of those clubs because they're glory hunters (by and large), not because it's within 50 miles of the places. You see plenty kids walking around the North East with Chelsea tops on.

That's complete and utter shite. Of course them being closer makes them more likely to support them. Firstly being closer to a place makes it a lot easier to go to games and for the armchair fans being nearer gives them much more of an excuse. For the ones who support them because of it being in their family, people with ties to Liverpool and Manchester are much more likely to be found in the North West than in other parts of the country since its not exactly much of a move.

Trust me, you didn't grow up in Blackburn, you don't know the sheer amount of kids who grow up supporting Man Utd or Liverpool instead of Rovers. I'm sure you get some in Newcastle too, but not as many I can guarantee you.

That's complete and utter shite. Of course them being closer makes them more likely to support them. Firstly being closer to a place makes it a lot easier to go to games and for the armchair fans being nearer gives them much more of an excuse. For the ones who support them because of it being in their family, people with ties to Liverpool and Manchester are much more likely to be found in the North West than in other parts of the country since its not exactly much of a move.

Trust me, you didn't grow up in Blackburn, you don't know the sheer amount of kids who grow up supporting Man Utd or Liverpool instead of Rovers. I'm sure you get some in Newcastle too, but not as many I can guarantee you.

Well I'd say it makes it more likely but it's much more to do with them being much more successful than you, don't you think? If it was all about ease of travel, they'd support Blackburn.

Can't blame them for wanting to support a club that plays football.

Well I'd say it makes it more likely but it's much more to do with them being much more successful than you, don't you think? If it was all about ease of travel, they'd support Blackburn.

Of course. But my point was that it makes them much more likely to support them than other fans in other parts of the country. There's two types of glory hunters - one picks the biggest and most successful club in vicnity, and ones that pick the biggest and most successful clubs in the country. That's why there's so many Man U/Liverpool fans here and before you start criticising our support you should think what yours would be like if you had clubs that successful around you. You're lying to yourself if you think it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Can't blame them for wanting to support a club that plays football.

You haven't finished above us in years.

You haven't scored more goals than us in a season in years.

You're one place above us in the fair play league this year.

You were only entertaining under 90s era Keegan and Bobby Robson.

So tell me, as a Newcastle fan on what grounds do you have to make that comment?

tbh i see more rovers tops than liverpool and manu ones in shiteburn

Yeah but there's more Liverpool and Man U tops in Blackburn than in Newcastle due to them being closer. Guaranteed. You'd find the same around other North West towns compared with other places.

Yeah but there's more Liverpool and Man U tops in Blackburn than in Newcastle due to them being closer. Guaranteed. You'd find the same around other North West towns compared with other places.

Bit sad though, isn't it? Lacking in identity that much. :aye:

even saw a Burnley shirt in Mill Hill, brave of stupid you decide!! :aye:

So basically, if Newcastle was somewhere else, it wouldnt be Newcastle?

Thanks for coming.

unless it was just outside Stoke, :aye:

I'd rather be a Newcastle fan than a Blackburn fan

Thanks for coming.

:aye: No offence but you must be just a bit simple if that's what you got from my posts.

The point was that it's daft when people criticise our support when we have very obvious reasons why we get crowds so low compared to the rest of the league. I saw some people slag that off before so that's why I took to task on that a bit.

I'd rather be a Newcastle fan than a Blackburn fan

That's real insight, right there. I'd rather be a Blackburn fan than a United or a Real Madrid fan, it's part of what comes with being a football fan you couldn't see yourself supporting any other team.

I'd rather have Premiership football next season though.

Thanks for coming.

:aye: No offence but you must be just a bit simple if that's what you got from my posts.

The point was that it's daft when people criticise our support when we have very obvious reasons why we get crowds so low compared to the rest of the league. I saw some people slag that off before so that's why I took to task on that a bit.

People only had a pop at your shit crowds because you and a few others only came onto gloat and wind us up tbf. It obviously irks you though.