This is what relegation scraps are like....

Asprilla

So basically, if Newcastle was somewhere else, it wouldnt be Newcastle?

Thanks for coming.

unless it was just outside Stoke, :aye:

The point being that it is a one-club city, its natural catchment area is more unique, it does stand apart from everywhere bar Sunderland and Boro, it does have less competition than the north west etc which is why its a far cooler club to support than Blackburn, as all the geographical circumstances lead to a different relationship between the people of the city and the club.

BigChris is basically trying to argue 'yeah well, you wouldnt be like that if it wasnt like that'.

Which in my opinion (and i say this with respect) is a bit stupid.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

{quote]

That's complete and utter shite. Of course them being closer makes them more likely to support them. Firstly being closer to a place makes it a lot easier to go to games and for the armchair fans being nearer gives them much more of an excuse. For the ones who support them because of it being in their family, people with ties to Liverpool and Manchester are much more likely to be found in the North West than in other parts of the country since its not exactly much of a move.

Trust me, you didn't grow up in Blackburn, you don't know the sheer amount of kids who grow up supporting Man Utd or Liverpool instead of Rovers. I'm sure you get some in Newcastle too, but not as many I can guarantee you.

Can't blame them for wanting to support a club that plays football.

You haven't finished above us in years.

You haven't scored more goals than us in a season in years.

You're one place above us in the fair play league this year.

You were only entertaining under 90s era Keegan and Bobby Robson.

So tell me, as a Newcastle fan on what grounds do you have to make that comment?

Ok, I'll put this in simple terms so you can understand.

You say people in Blackburn support Liverpool and Man Utd. My point was that Liverpool and Man Utd play football whereas Blackburn are just niggly long-ball merchants. These people probably want to watch football so choose Liverpool and Man Utd over the dross on display at Ewood Park.

I made no mention of Newcastle, that was you. Maybe it was just your inferiority complex kicking in.

Let me know if you need further clarifications as I might even be able to draw you a picture.

Thanks for coming.

:aye: No offence but you must be just a bit simple if that's what you got from my posts.

The point was that it's daft when people criticise our support when we have very obvious reasons why we get crowds so low compared to the rest of the league. I saw some people slag that off before so that's why I took to task on that a bit.

People only had a pop at your shit crowds because you and a few others only came onto gloat and wind us up tbf. It obviously irks you though.

Nah one of you had a pop at our club so we registered and responded. I know it's your board and everything but someone linked us to it and we felt it needed responding to and we felt like defending our club. If I wanted to gloat and wind you up I could post some smart arse comment in pretty much every thread on the first page - trust me I've seen enough from casual browsing that I could easily have a pop at.

Thanks for coming.

The point being that it is a one-club city, its natural catchment area is more unique, it does stand apart from everywhere bar Sunderland and Boro, it does have less competition than the north west etc which is why its a far cooler club to support than Blackburn, as all the geographical circumstances lead to a different relationship between the people of the city and the club.

BigChris is basically trying to argue 'yeah well, you wouldnt be like that if it wasnt like that'.

i meant newcastle under lyme!, ahh forget it! lol :scratchhead: i'm no Bobby Shinton but cut me some slack

Thanks for coming.

:aye: No offence but you must be just a bit simple if that's what you got from my posts.

The point was that it's daft when people criticise our support when we have very obvious reasons why we get crowds so low compared to the rest of the league. I saw some people slag that off before so that's why I took to task on that a bit.

Post 104 - you're the simple one who doesnt even know what he is saying or arguing within minutes of saying it.

Our support is bigger than yours, it makes us, in terms of numbers a much bigger club.

Your response was the facile argument i highlighted above.

Welcome to your arse, give me the plate back when you've finished.

Thanks for coming.

"Far cooler club to support" :scratchhead: I think supporting a team like Blackburn where you can feel genuinely proud of our successes is cooler, but each to their own.

I'm simply saying this in response to people saying we have shit support. So it's not at all stupid, it's a perfectly reasonable defence.

tbh i see more rovers tops than liverpool and manu ones in shiteburn

Yeah but there's more Liverpool and Man U tops in Blackburn than in Newcastle due to them being closer. Guaranteed. You'd find the same around other North West towns compared with other places.

I'd rather be a Newcastle fan than a Blackburn fan

That's real insight, right there. I'd rather be a Blackburn fan than a United or a Real Madrid fan, it's part of what comes with being a football fan you couldn't see yourself supporting any other team.

I'd rather have Premiership football next season though.

I am Spurs through and through but if I had to choose between them I'd choose Newcastle.

Thanks for coming.

:scratchhead: No offence but you must be just a bit simple if that's what you got from my posts.

People only had a pop at your shit crowds because you and a few others only came onto gloat and wind us up tbf. It obviously irks you though.

Nah one of you had a pop at our club so we registered and responded. I know it's your board and everything but someone linked us to it and we felt it needed responding to and we felt like defending our club. If I wanted to gloat and wind you up I could post some smart arse comment in pretty much every thread on the first page - trust me I've seen enough from casual browsing that I could easily have a pop at.

Go ahead then :aye: It's obvious you're here on the wind-up. Always funny when the wums start to get angry though.

Thanks for coming.

"Far cooler club to support" :scratchhead: I think supporting a team like Blackburn where you can feel genuinely proud of our successes is cooler, but each to their own.

I'm simply saying this in response to people saying we have shit support. So it's not at all stupid, it's a perfectly reasonable defence.

I thought you were just complaining about the fact that your geography dilutes your support. Cant be that special a relationship. Its a birthright up here, clearly not where you come from, according to you.

Thanks for coming.

"Far cooler club to support" :icon_lol: I think supporting a team like Blackburn where you can feel genuinely proud of our successes is cooler, but each to their own.

good point, suppose when you only have one or two they are easier to remember :dancing::scratchhead::dancing:

Thanks for coming.

Post 104 - you're the simple one who doesnt even know what he is saying or arguing within minutes of saying it.

Our support is bigger than yours, it makes us, in terms of numbers a much bigger club.

Your response was the facile argument i highlighted above.

Welcome to your arse, give me the plate back when you've finished.

When did I ever say we were a bigger club? As I've said numerous times I've only been saying this because some posters called out our support.

Thanks for coming.

"Far cooler club to support" :icon_lol: I think supporting a team like Blackburn where you can feel genuinely proud of our successes is cooler, but each to their own.

good point, suppose when you only have one or two they are easier to remember :dancing::scratchhead::D

Better than zero eh? :dancing:

Thanks for coming.

I thought you were just complaining about the fact that your geography dilutes your support. Cant be that special a relationship. Its a birthright up here, clearly not where you come from, according to you.

"Birthright" :icon_lol: It's only a birthright because you're a one club city with no better options for miles and miles. You've still got almost nothing in terms of sucess.

Both our teams do pretty well with our support I think, but we have very different sets of circumstances. People had a go at our support so I've been pointing out that we do alright with it.

Not that hard to follow is it?

Thanks for coming.

:scratchhead: No offence but you must be just a bit simple if that's what you got from my posts.

Go ahead then :aye: It's obvious you're here on the wind-up. Always funny when the wums start to get angry though.

If I wanted to go on the windup I'd start in the Shearer thread. But I'm not here to laugh at you lot, just defending my club.

Edited by bigchrissamba

Thanks for coming.

If I wanted to go on the windup I'd start in the Shearer thread. But I'm not here to laugh at you lot, just defending my club.

Calm down Chris.

Thanks for coming.

"Birthright" :icon_lol: It's only a birthright because you're a one club city with no better options for miles and miles. You've still got almost nothing in terms of sucess.

Both our teams do pretty well with our support I think, but we have very different sets of circumstances. People had a go at our support so I've been pointing out that we do alright with it.

Not that hard to follow is it?

You're born in Newcastle, you support Newcastle.

You're born in Blackburn, you support 'insert any club within 100 miles'.

Your argument.

bigchrissamba has taken an absolute pasting in this thread.

Say what you will about Danny, but he always puts up sterner resistance than this lad.

I've rarely seen an arse rape as vivid as in this thread.

Say what you will about Danny, but he always puts up sterner resistance than this lad.

:aye::scratchhead: Not really. You called our club shit, called out our support, I showed why our support is the way it is.

You said we play bad football - I showed that we've scored more goals than you recently and done better for years so it's fairly safe to say we play the better football.

You said we're a team of kickers, but look there you are next to us in the fair play table.

Not you personally on all those counts obviously.

Edited by bigchrissamba

:aye::scratchhead: Not really. You called our club shit, called out our support, I showed why our support is the way it is.

You said we play bad football - I showed that we've scored more goals than you recently and done better for years so it's fairly safe to say we play the better football.

You said we're a team of kickers, but look there you are next to us in the fair play table.

Not you personally on all those counts obviously.

Blackburn managed to sell-out when they were in the running for (and winning) the league in the mid 90s - yes?

In your own time.