Will Shearer stay?

Park Life

It probably entirely depends on whether or not he is prepared to believe Ashley's promises/lies. Relegation or not. It might be that he's had anough exposure to the boardroom incompetence that he walks away and I couldn't blame him either.

I'm more worried about Ashley et al staying on than Shearer.

The club's fucked while Ashley and his cronies have anything to do with it, I'd be gutted if Shearer left but would I expect it? Yes.

Provided Shearer himself wants to carry on, the club will give him a permanent contract regardless of what Ashley's plans are.

Keep the club: keep a popular manager and try move forward.

Sell the club: keep a popular manager to prevent rioting fans putting potential buyers off.

Personally I hope he walks away unless everything is in writing, including budget. If he takes the job on Ashleys word he is a fool.

If he does stay, the faithfull need to allow him to try and rebuild without the glamour for instant success. Will it happen, will it fuck. Come august every fucker will be expecting the quick fix.

Bollocks. You're simply propagating the media myth of impatient Newcastle fans. I don't know anyone who is expecting a slow fix let alone a quick one.

Personally I hope he walks away unless everything is in writing, including budget. If he takes the job on Ashleys word he is a fool.

If he does stay, the faithfull need to allow him to try and rebuild without the glamour for instant success. Will it happen, will it fuck. Come august every fucker will be expecting the quick fix.

Bollocks. You're simply propagating the media myth of impatient Newcastle fans. I don't know anyone who is expecting a slow fix let alone a quick one.

Horseradish sauce! <_< In all honestly can you really see things being even ambivalent if Shearer is in charge of a mid-table (or even worse) championship team next season?

I think Shearer will stay because my gut feeling is that Ashley will sell. He can't be enjoying it and he certainly isn't making money out of it. And he has no emotional connection with the club. What's in it for him?

I guess what might keep him here is if we get relegated and he can't get a price he's prepared to accept; he might convince himself he can get us back up and get more for the club next season. But I do think there must be every chance he'll just cut his losses and get out as soon as he can. If he won't spend the money he can't keep Shearer; and he must know that going back to Kinnear is inconceivable. Meanwhile (I strongly suspect) he will be horrified when he sees what's going to happen to ST sales this summer - a lot of people are going to pick their games. He may as well just shut down the Platinum clubs and the Bar 1892s. He'll face a lot of expensive problems this summer, maybe more than he's prepared to take on, and if he's unsure these things might tip the scales.

And I definitely wouldn't dismiss these Freddie Shepherd rumours. He'd love to come back, and he's always wanted Shearer as manager.

Guest alex

Plenty job cuts as well. I know Ashley is primarily to blame but how must people working at the club full-time think when the see what Alan Smith, Joey Barton and co are on? <_<