The Next FM Challenge

Andrew

Nope, not one. Everytime I get info on one of my players it mentions "but he may find his place under threat due to the worsening financial crisis".

I just finished 2nd and got £1m in transfer payments for Milner and Given. Hopefully that will keep me safe for a while.

I'm getting there myself, currently 3.9 million in the bank but dropping quickly, I don't know why, good cups runs, high attendances(relatively speaking), low wage budget, big earners mostly gone

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You not been taken over yet then?

I've just beaten Man U 3-0 away and then just got a message that the board have increased my transfer funds to 66M :|

But the overall balance is only 50M so I don't understand how they can do that...

Dump your reserves mate, get rid of your scouts, You should still be able to get rid of most staff by mutual consent.

It might be worth having a look at the players who're getting large appearance bonuses and benching them for a while. If you've only got 3 games left then you'd probably be ok, have you had the old "takeover talks" thing?

Yes the appearances thing is something I caught onto in my epic Partick Thistle game a while back. It can kill you.

not sure I'm going to be able to spend any money now, got 30mil for tv rights but my balance only went up to 9million for some reason

I hate everyone who got good takeovers while I got stuck with llambias

I'm going to be mounting a title bid at this rate :|

I'm third and on the same points as first put Chelsea (who are second) have a game in hand to play. Picked up shock wins against Man U and Arsenal away but also lost 2-1 to Chelsea. Just got to keep the form going....

Going to get my defence sorted in the coming January, with Rafinha, Sakho and Akinfeev on their way and Ryan Taylor being sold.

I'm going to be mounting a title bid at this rate :|

I'm third and on the same points as first put Chelsea (who are second) have a game in hand to play. Picked up shock wins against Man U and Arsenal away but also lost 2-1 to Chelsea. Just got to keep the form going....

Going to get my defence sorted in the coming January, with Rafinha, Sakho and Akinfeev on their way and Ryan Taylor being sold.

I'm hoping to get a keeper in, benaglia from wolfsburg hopefully and trying to bring saviola back on a permanent deal but after that I'll probably be stuffed financially

Computer fucked itself so had to load from a previous saved game, now I don't have Prieto or a couple of the coaches I got in, I've also had to go through the pissing annoyance of bidding for players and the protracted contract talks. It' murder I tell ye!

Trying to offload Xisco, et al, but the offers aren't exactly coming thick and fast <_<

just about to kick off my second pre-season friendly :D

Beat Standard 5-0, Martins Hat-trick Smith and Guthrie

trying to sign Buonanotte, Acosta, Skjelbred, Helder Rosario, Patrick Vieira... and it's just crashed again.

fuck it. <_<

Still no take-over for me.

Dowie is saying I need to get players in quickly if I want to stay in the league, but the club only gave me £1.7m spend and there aren't so many great players trying to sign for me.

Through some sales of my own, I brought in Assulin and Wilshire, with Belleti about to join for £300k.

Just as I was fretting about the season the club announced that another £18m would be made available for spinwanks.

<_<:spinwank::D

they did that with me despite the fact i had a decent tran budget already and the balance is now lower than what I am allowed to spend

keep xisco, hes a good player in the championship

Scored twice for me the twat. <_<

8 goals and 4 assists in 25 for me, he was generally a sub so most of those werent a full 90 mins

I've signed Saviola after his loan to me last season for 4.3m, a left winger called leonardo for 1.2m and keeper called benaglia for 12m, I'm getting david santon on loan from inter for the season with a 7.5m option to buy clause so if any more cash becomes available i'll be snapping him up

I spent my way into the red and brought in Saivet, Wilshere, Rafinha, Sakho, Akinfeev, Reyes and maybe one or two others. Luckily I got a message a few days later saying that my free spending chairman had put another 50M into the bank balance so I was back in the black :>

I spent my way into the red and brought in Saivet, Wilshere, Rafinha, Sakho, Akinfeev, Reyes and maybe one or two others. Luckily I got a message a few days later saying that my free spending chairman had put another 50M into the bank balance so I was back in the black :>

I hate you

as an aside I have liverpool at anfield as my first game and am currently 2-0 down both goals by their new CB

Edited by Andrew

I'm doing well in my first PL season so far. 3rd in the table after 2 wins and a draw.

I spent £10.5m on Saivet, who has scored twice from the bench. Also picked up Sturridge on a freebie and stuck him in the reserves-he seems decent.

Ronaldo wants to leave-he's been brutal for me, always injured and no goals. Started signing some scouts and coaches to bring along some of the younger players.

My starting 11 is the exact same as what came 2nd in the CCC. I have a much stronger bench now though.

I'm stating to get bored of my save after getting so much money after my first season, kind of took the challenge away. See how far I get second season. <_<

I'm stating to get bored of my save after getting so much money after my first season, kind of took the challenge away. See how far I get second season. <_<

better than what I'm up to

2 losses in the first 2 games both away to liverpool and spurs

after seeing this I decided to do a little experiment and spent my way a few mil into the red, good old derek came through and I was the envy of clubs worldwide when he pumped an enormous 7.5mil into the club to put us 3mil in the black

I have got the worst takeover ever

To be fair the input from my Chairman has gone from 50M to 3.5M to 1.5M :scratchchin:

Hoping he stumps up some money for the end of the season, though! Third in the league atm with a game in hand on Arsenal who are 2 points ahead of me. Only 5 games to go now!

Frederico Laurito is in fine form and is second in the goals scored in the Premiership, and in 27 starts has 22 goals.