Slaley Hall

Guest Stevie

Guest Stevie

Anyone been? Fuck me what a place. I didn't realise some place so unbelievably fantastic lay virtually on our door step. When you go up the drive way, you honestly could quite believe you were in a foreign country, absolutely massive alpine roofed houses you can rent and stay there, must be 6 bedroomed, then you get up to the hotel, fuckin hell, honestly it's almost jaw dropping. Modern hotel added on to a magnificent stately home. Am shite at golf, but I like it, am no where near good enough to play on Slaley yet, and at £90 a round I reckon I'd only do it if I was good. The course itself though is just fuckin fantastic, sittin there on the varanda at the 18th drinking Magners 80 degree heat, fuckin fantastic, seriously if anyone just wants a day out or a run out for a change, on a nice day go to Slaley. Fantastic.

Edited by Stevie

my mates sister worked there, we played the new course (years ago) the night before the grand opening, we were shite, dossing about in buggys etc,

ace place though,

Used to go out with a lass who lived in the converted stable block before it was a hotel. Cracking rack on her.

Her old man made a mint when it was sold to the hotel developers.

• 1 year later...

Stayed there this weekend with the wife. Being a member of the Fitness Centre at one of its sister hotels, The Cameron House, I was expecting it to be of the same standard but was left underwhelmed.

Location and the building etc were amazing but the service and rooms were really poor, I would only rate the rooms of around a 3 star and thats being generous. Walls were paper thin too.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

Very best of places stayed there recently for the night I thnk the rooms are alright, which side of the building did you stay in? The newer rooms in like the square bit aren't as nice, stay in the old bits next time facing the 18th hole above the restaurant, god it's fucking gorgeous was well cold like, but in the summer don't think there's many places I'd rather be.

They do a sunday deal which includes 2 rounds of golf, one sunday, one monday dinner bed and breakfast for £89.

I wish I wasn't but I'm shite at golf, I'm thinking about getting some lessons. One swing I can get like a hole in one, the next I'm like a bad version of Happy Gilmore. Last game I had I was about 30 over par on the 9 hole pitch and put at Whitley Bay links.

Edited by You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

i looked at it as a wedding venue. the grounds and golf course looked nice but i wasn't that impressed with the wedding room - it was massive but didn't have any windows, which was a bit odd. ended up getting married in matfen hall instead which i thought had a lot more character.

i looked at it as a wedding venue. the grounds and golf course looked nice but i wasn't that impressed with the wedding room - it was massive but didn't have any windows, which was a bit odd. ended up getting married in matfen hall instead which i thought had a lot more character.

FRIEND of mine got married there very nice place.

Should have come to Seaham Hall instead. There's nowt to do around and about but the locals are nice :lol:

Well we had planned to come and visit but Susan had work that she had to come back to, so it was straight back up the road! No cookie visits this time!

Should have come to Seaham Hall instead. There's nowt to do around and about but the locals are nice :lol:

the spa there is lush. took the wife there for a night last year.

I'm going to be a member of said spa by the end of the week. Made a conscious decision to be good to myself this year.

Couldn't be deein with mackems like.

Now it's not midds' fault :lol:

I know Midds is thoroughbred geordie. You can't help it if you're forced away from your motherland at an early age.

People from Seaham are slightly better than mackem townies anyway in my experience, I used to work with this kid from Seaham though he was a actually a canny lad, the Seaham Ferret I used to call him cos he looked like one. He was born with his aorta the wrong way round though, and last I heard he was in a wheelchair. :blush:

I know Midds is thoroughbred geordie. You can't help it if you're forced away from your motherland at an early age.

People from Seaham are slightly better than mackem townies anyway in my experience, I used to work with this kid from Seaham though he was a actually a canny lad, the Seaham Ferret I used to call him cos he looked like one. He was born with his aorta the wrong way round though, and last I heard he was in a wheelchair. :icon_lol:

That's sad, but the Seaham Ferret thing made me laugh :blush:

People from Seaham are slightly better than mackem townies anyway in my experience, I used to work with this kid from Seaham though he was a actually a canny lad, the Seaham Ferret I used to call him cos he looked like one. He was born with his aorta the wrong way round though, and last I heard he was in a wheelchair. :icon_lol:

That's sad, but the Seaham Ferret thing made me laugh :blush:

When I left the whole company of 300 were calling him my nickname for him The Seaham Ferret. His name was Eddie, but he was refered to as TSF in every day conversations far more than his real name. It's funny I can say he was a canny lad and he hated "the mags".

Was our anniversary last week so we're thinking about having a stay at Slaley while her mother has the kids. Been before and it's fine for me like. Food was always fantastic when I've been. Idea was to use the gym etc, then go for a walk around the grounds and do some photography, meal at night time etc and gym in the morning.

Playing golf at Slayley at the end of March.

Think I'll need plenty of spare balls.

I love Slaleys courses, the 11th on the "easier course" is a real challenge being short but teeing off about 50 yards above the pin with a stream around it.