External Hard-Drive

The Fish

Just been told mine is buggered, meaning I've lost 99% of my music and 100% of my movies and tv.

Is there a way I can copy the list of music that is still showing on itunes into a spreadsheet or something, so that I can plan the re-building of my collection?

Re: the tv and movies, I think it's just going to be a case of getting the essentials, (The Wire, Band of Brothers, West Wing, Generation Kill, etc.) and then pick randoms out of the cobwebbed corners of my memory.

maybe you need a backup for the backup.

Out of curiosity [and to avoid the same happening to me] what is the lifespan of these external HDD's

If it's taken care of it'd be a lot longer than the year and a half or so I had it.

the only reason mine became fubar, is that it was knocked over.

is that all ? I've had mine for about that and I've only used about 30gb of the 500, all I've got is a back up of op system files, and some music mainly

Put it in the freezer for a few hours and then give it a try...

Worked for me :icon_lol:

That could work, it freezes the broken bits together and might give you enough time to check what you had on there.

Put it in the freezer for a few hours and then give it a try...

Worked for me :icon_lol:

That could work, it freezes the broken bits together and might give you enough time to check what you had on there.

The microwave on full power for 3 minutes does the same apparently