A serious question - not an attempted "wind up"!

The Owld Fecker

Aye, bottom line is OF should ask someone who actually is 'clamouring' for Shearer, including his mates' mates and family, if they exist.

As an aside OF, do you know Major Major?

Sorry marra, you are now becoming tiresome.

Do you think that I am going to start, frantically, phoning/emailing people in the UK, in an attempt to establish some form of opinion poll, on NUFC?

No chance!

Even then, though, I reckon that you would wish to know the "sample" size, together with age and socio-economic groupings, etc. etc. etc., with the poll verified by an independent source!

I, posted what I was told and if you don't like it, don't believe it - TOUGH!

With regards to "Major Major", I recognise the name as a username on RTG but have no idea who he is in real life - In case you are thinking it might be me, it is not!!!

Ahhh, you do visit RTG. Then you will know that the common perception there is we all believe Shearer is the messiah and are, well, clamouring for him. This is the myth I'm trying to dispell. You seem sensible enough to realise that one or two of your mates' mates opinions doesn't really amount to much, I'm sure. So why don't you start a thread on RTG dispelling the myth? :lol:

Didn't think you were MM btw, just reminiscing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From where I sit (if the positions were reversed) I would want someone who understood the division, had already "cut his teeth" and had a proven record of success!

Ignoring the rest of the tabloid :lol:

1. Who exactly would that be?

2. Why would Assley appoint them when his whole reason for not appointing Shearer is because he thinks it will reduce the salelability of the club with a manager installed (self-destructive, but that is Assley)?

3. Why would this wonderful manager come to the club in the utter mess it is in?

The question was not conditional on who owned the club but based upon who would do the best job for you, once an appointment was made.

But the whole reason NUFC is where is it is BECAUSE OF who owns the club.

Assley is the current, past and future situation.

No one can do any sort of "job" with things as they are. :icon_lol:

To answer your second point, because he would/should see it as a major step forward in his career and an opportunity to make a “real” name for himself.

Again the reason why Assley has NOT appointed anyone is because he believes it would make the sale harder (stupid, yes... utterly self-destructive in fact, but that is what the fuckwit thinks).

And again why would any proven decent manager come within a mile of NUFC at present? :razz:

Right now, I think Newcastle need Shearer because he will be the only one with sacks big enough to tell Ashley what to do, and know he has the backing of the fans. He wants the job more than most it seems, and I agree with whoever said no one will succeed at Newcastle until Shearers shadow has been removed.

Right now, I think Newcastle need Shearer because he will be the only one with sacks big enough to tell Ashley what to do, and know he has the backing of the fans. He wants the job more than most it seems, and I agree with whoever said no one will succeed at Newcastle until Shearers shadow has been removed.

Precisely why he doesn't have the role iyam.

Ahhh, you do visit RTG. Then you will know that the common perception there is we all believe Shearer is the messiah and are, well, clamouring for him. This is the myth I'm trying to dispell. You seem sensible enough to realise that one or two of your mates' mates opinions doesn't really amount to much, I'm sure. So why don't you start a thread on RTG dispelling the myth? :lol:

Didn't think you were MM btw, just reminiscing.

I'm sorry marra but if you think that, by saying that, you have turned into Sherlock Holmes, I hate to disillusion you.

I think that most people would accept that it is the biggest forum (for SAFC supporters) so, of course, I visit it.

However, I am not a registered member because they refuse (for some reason) to accept a registration, using an aol email address, from Thailand on the basis it could be "spam"!

Bassas!!