The Wire

wykikitoon

Managed to finally get some time and sit down and watch the first two expsiodes of the Wire last night. I wanted to carry on watching but was shattered.

Great programme so far really enjoying it, top thanks for all who recommended it.

One thing though, you have to concentrate on whats being said by the guys in "The hood" as they dont speak very good English :lol:

Top show :icon_lol:

This "The Wire" is a decent show y'say?

Tell me more about this show? I've never noticed anyone on this board mention it...

:lol:

This "The Wire" is a decent show y'say?

Tell me more about this show? I've never noticed anyone on this board mention it...

:lol:

Somebody should start a thread asking if it's a decent show or not.

Don't listen Wyki. It's praises can't be sung highly enough.

We should have a Football, a General Chat and a Wire board.

You feel me?

agreed ! make it happen, then all you sheep can have your wanking circle about this boring over rated piece of shit all to yourselves ! :lol:

Don't listen Wyki. It's praises can't be sung highly enough.

We should have a Football, a General Chat and a Wire board.

You feel me?

agreed ! make it happen, then all you sheep can have your wanking circle about this boring over rated piece of shit all to yourselves ! :lol:

Anyone else seen 'The Corner' yet (I know HF has). Was thinking about getting it.

No, but I was thinking the same. Desperate for some decent telly to watch.

Completely unrelated to 'The Wire' but 'Early Doors' is mint imo if you'er looking for something to watch.

Aye aye.

I wouldn't sing it's praises too high like. Nowhere near as good as The Wire. But definitley well worth it.

Caught a bit of that 'Homicide - Life on the Streets' quite recently and it looked very dated and a bit dodgy (admittedly I only saw about 5 mins of it). That was done about 15 years ago though I think.

Aye aye.

I wouldn't sing it's praises too high like. Nowhere near as good as The Wire. But definitley well worth it.

Caught a bit of that 'Homicide - Life on the Streets' quite recently and it looked very dated and a bit dodgy (admittedly I only saw about 5 mins of it). That was done about 15 years ago though I think.

Talking of stuff that's dated, I downloaded the first season of Hill Street Blues.

Supposed to be classic TV, but I couldn't get through the first episode.

Aye aye.

Talking of stuff that's dated, I downloaded the first season of Hill Street Blues.

Let's be careful out there.

Edited by alex

Aye aye.

Was just thinking about that the other day, so it is shite, I thought so when I was a younging.

• 1 month later...

Recently finished reading 'Homicide' by David Simon and in the notes at the end he explains that he didn't have much input into the TV series that was made from it, even (stupidly he now concedes) turning down the chance to be the major writer on the show. Apparently it was fictionalised a lot for TV. Unlike 'The Corner'.