A Level Results

Nyff

Good luck to anyone else getting their results tomorrow.

I will be picking up my Psychology, English Language and English Literature results tomorrow and really not sure how well I've done. Then again I'm not too bothered, because I'm probably going to be out of it by about 3 o clock!

Thinking of going to Uni, taking a year out, going straight into work?

If you're going to uni, which one's have you applied to?

Taking a year out to do some travelling. Plan to work for most of the year to raise the funds and then head to various places. Always wanted to go back to Australia since I went there a few years back, so that is on my list of places to go as well as places like Thailand, Vietnam, New Zeland, then L.A and maybe a few European place (including Paris to meet up with my Sister who will be working there).

Then I will go through the Uni application process, but I don't actually know what I want to do yet so I guess I will work that out in the year. Could use the English skills to do something English related, or could go along the Psychology route and do something like Social Anthropology.

If you can, try and tie in some charity stuff into your travelling. It looks better on your cv than just bogging off to Thailand to get fucked by cheap beer, cheap drugs and cheap shims

Good luck to anyone else getting their results tomorrow.

I will be picking up my Psychology, English Language and English Literature results tomorrow and really not sure how well I've done. Then again I'm not too bothered, because I'm probably going to be out of it by about 3 o clock!

I did those exact subjects, hated every minute of them and got a U, D and a D respectively :icon_lol:

Thank the lord for Sunderland Poly.

If you can, try and tie in some charity stuff into your travelling. It looks better on your cv than just bogging off to Thailand to get fucked by cheap beer, cheap drugs and cheap shims

Fuck this shit btw. Just do the travelling. If you're that bothered about your CV though, invent the charidee work (not that most employers give a shit, all they're bothered about is qualifications, skills and work experience).

Edited by alex

Fuck this shit btw. Just do the travelling. If you're that bothered about your CV though, invent the charidee work (not that most employers give a shit, all they're bothered about is qualifications, skills and work experience).

:D

To be honest Ritchie, I think it's great if people do it, but don't just do it for your CV.

To be honest Ritchie, I think it's great if people do it, but don't just do it for your CV.

I know what you are saying, but the reality is that every little helps and even though there are loads out there volunteering/doing charity work for their own benefits (or because the job centre told them to) and they possibly dont have that much of an interest in what they are doing, but if it helps a good cause I don't think many charities etc will complain.

One thing though for the point on volunteering/doing charity work abroad. If you are interested in that make sure the organisation you are doing it for are a registered charity, as there are many out there who are not and are just in it to make money.

Aye, like those clothes collection people who come round who are actually companies rather than registered charities. I believe they sell the clothes (albeit cheaply) in Eastern Europe, the third world etc. My main point was more about the lad enjoying himself now though :D

Well it does look good on the cv and it has the added benefit of being a good thing to do. :D

If he's off for a year he can easily earn some money, do some charity abroad, then travel on from there. It's useful to do charity because the people who are full-time are also very useful to call upon later, references and the like.

I know that it's all about having fun times, but he's 18, he's got plenty of time to get shitted.

Well it does look good on the cv and it has the added benefit of being a good thing to do. :icon_lol:

If he's off for a year he can easily earn some money, do some charity abroad, then travel on from there. It's useful to do charity because the people who are full-time are also very useful to call upon later, references and the like.

I know that it's all about having fun times, but he's 18, he's got plenty of time to get shitted.

What would you know about getting a good job? :D

Well it does look good on the cv and it has the added benefit of being a good thing to do. :icon_lol:

What would you know about getting a good job? :D

I must admit The Fish is the last person I would be listening to for career advice etc... :nufc:

Hey I think I'm the best person to give people advice on what to do... well I suppose I'd be better off giving advice to people on what not to do :D

I know what should go on cv's and how you should act on your career path.... in the same way as I know how you should eat and exercise to have a chiseled physique :nufc:

Fuck it, I'm doing all right now :icon_lol:

Annnywayyy! Just got back in now with a respectable BBC :D

Wasn't expecting anything more, and got my two B's in the English A Levels and the C in Psychology. Now I'm thinking a power nap is in order before I start getting drunk far too early than is recommended!

Well done mate. You did better than my housemate's spaz of a brother. One E and three Us. Ouch!

And coming from luke that means a lot. :D

Edited by Fop

Not looked at Unis yet but looking at places like Edinburgh/Newcastle e.t.c. Was out drinking until half 5 last, and just got in from a party tonight so I'm fucking shattered!

Well done mate. You did better than my housemate's spaz of a brother. One E and three Us. Ouch!

And coming from luke that means a lot. :lol:

:razz:

Yes, because academically I'm a failure, aren't I.

We've been through this before, and come to the conclusion that you're very average..... which is nothing to be ashamed about, of course. :aye:

And coming from luke that means a lot. :lol:

:razz:

Yes, because academically I'm a failure, aren't I.

We've been through this before, and come to the conclusion that you're very average..... which is nothing to be ashamed about, of course. :)

:aye:

Oh Fop...