first match advice please

soaringmag

I suspect some of you are going to jump all over this one....

I've just moved to the UK and am in Lancashire (I'll be going anywhere I can find a job - and I'm definitely looking in Newcastle). Anyway, Preston is the best opportunity for me to go see NUFC live for the first time. It'll also be my first live football match in Europe, so I am looking for a bit of advice...

I suppose that if I want to wear my Newcastle strip I had better sit in the away end - is there anything special I need to do to get one of those tickets? Should I keep the shirt covered until sitting with the other NUFC supporters? Any areas I should just completely avoid? Any other advice to keep me from making a total ass of myself would be appreciated.

I suspect some of you are going to jump all over this one....

I've just moved to the UK and am in Lancashire (I'll be going anywhere I can find a job - and I'm definitely looking in Newcastle). Anyway, Preston is the best opportunity for me to go see NUFC live for the first time. It'll also be my first live football match in Europe, so I am looking for a bit of advice...

I suppose that if I want to wear my Newcastle strip I had better sit in the away end - is there anything special I need to do to get one of those tickets? Should I keep the shirt covered until sitting with the other NUFC supporters? Any areas I should just completely avoid? Any other advice to keep me from making a total ass of myself would be appreciated.

According to the .cock website the tickets for the away end are now on general sale. I would get on there straight away and make sure you are sitting (or more likely standing) in the away end.

If you can't get a ticket in the away end then do not wear colours in the home end.

You should be fine wearing colours around the ground but it's probably sensible to wear a jacket, not least cos it's November, you are from Carmel and it's bloody freezing - yes I am aware of how mumsy that sounds!!

Whilst I wouldnt reccomend it, nor do it myself, I've seen away shirts in the home section of the ground before at matches. Even at SJP.

But there shouldnt be an issue just give NUFC a call and buy a ticket :good:

I think you have been watching too much Green Street. You wont get lynched for daring to wear a rival strip outside of the ground mate

Haha... I just saw that for the first time the other night on ITV. (Pretty bad flick IMO) That's not really what I was afraid of - as much as I don't particularly want to get my head bashed in, as long as I don't get killed it's not really a big deal with the NHS and all...

I've convinced my father to come as I don't have any other contacts here yet, so I just want it to be an enjoyable experience for us and I want to cheer for "my" team without being a completely ignorant fool about it. I didn't even know whether I needed to buy away tickets from NUFC or the Preston site...

Anyway, thanks to you all for the advice.

cheers.

Only a fucking moron would move from Carmel to Lancashire.
Something tells me you've never tried living and working there. Who knows though, maybe you'd like being the "mexicans' mexican"... :rolleyes:

Try supporting the mackems you'll be a better fit.
:good: I suppose I could at least watch them at Old Trafford instead of Preston.

Thanks for the helpful advice. :angry:

Only a fucking moron would move from Carmel to Lancashire.
Something tells me you've never tried living and working there. Who knows though, maybe you'd like being the "mexicans' mexican"... :rolleyes:

Try supporting the mackems you'll be a better fit.
:good: I suppose I could at least watch them at Old Trafford instead of Preston.

Thanks for the helpful advice. :angry:

He's just after a reaction. Poor man's RobW iyam.

I think you have been watching too much Green Street. You wont get lynched for daring to wear a rival strip outside of the ground mate

Haha... I just saw that for the first time the other night on ITV. (Pretty bad flick IMO) That's not really what I was afraid of - as much as I don't particularly want to get my head bashed in, as long as I don't get killed it's not really a big deal with the NHS and all...

I've convinced my father to come as I don't have any other contacts here yet, so I just want it to be an enjoyable experience for us and I want to cheer for "my" team without being a completely ignorant fool about it. I didn't even know whether I needed to buy away tickets from NUFC or the Preston site...

Anyway, thanks to you all for the advice.

cheers.

SM you'll want to be sitting in the away section just for the crack, nowt worse then being a lone voice abusing Raylor when he fucks up :good:

Aye Preston away is more like Coronation Street than Green Street mate. Don't celebrate when we win a throw in and you'll be alright.

Aye Preston away is more like Coronation Street than Green Street mate. Don't celebrate when we win a throw in and you'll be alright.

:good: