Share an amusing away day story!

scunnyspireite

Hello one and all

I'm a Chesterfield fan currently exiled in a North Lincolnshire village with the missus and our 2 boys. I don't get to watch the mighty Spireites too often nowadays and therefore keep myself up with the news on-line.

I've created a website where football fans can share there funny stories from attending football matches. Be it a simply a funny chant or getting lost on the way to an away game, aslong as its funny, why not share it with the rest of us.

I've had a few stories sent in but need a lot more so please take a look at the site and let me know that story that every football fan has!

The site can be found at: www.awayend.co.uk

I must admit i'm impressed and surprised at how you have coped with the drop into the championship this season. I thought with you being the 'big' side in the division, teams would raise there game and cause you some problems like as happened to many a team over the last few seasons. Looks like you'll be heading back to the prem next season. Not blowing smoke up anywhere but its a better league with you in with the support you've got. We get on average 3000 at Saltergate which is sadly in its last season with a new ground currently being built. Last of the proper football grounds as far as i'm concerned, will definitely miss it.

Have Newcastle ever experienced Saltergate?

you'll love this...

ok so me and a few mates go to Peterbrough and watch a team of reservists and kids lose 2-0 to Peterbrough in the league cup.

what's the punchline? well despite us not being a big club or anything, they released a DVD called the "Blue Brazil" :icon_lol:

<_<

Hello one and all

I'm a Chesterfield fan currently exiled in a North Lincolnshire village with the missus and our 2 boys. I don't get to watch the mighty Spireites too often nowadays and therefore keep myself up with the news on-line.

I've created a website where football fans can share there funny stories from attending football matches. Be it a simply a funny chant or getting lost on the way to an away game, aslong as its funny, why not share it with the rest of us.

I've had a few stories sent in but need a lot more so please take a look at the site and let me know that story that every football fan has!

I must admit i'm impressed and surprised at how you have coped with the drop into the championship this season. I thought with you being the 'big' side in the division, teams would raise there game and cause you some problems like as happened to many a team over the last few seasons. Looks like you'll be heading back to the prem next season. Not blowing smoke up anywhere but its a better league with you in with the support you've got. We get on average 3000 at Saltergate which is sadly in its last season with a new ground currently being built. Last of the proper football grounds as far as i'm concerned, will definitely miss it.

I've been to Saltergate 3 or 4 times over the years. I've got mates living in Brampton so regularly head that way for nights out. Where's the new stadium being built?

One year at Derby I as just a kid really, 14 I think I was, was the game we lost 4-1 with three sent off. Derby had a firm called the Derby Lunatic Fringe, and as all the coaches were pulling away they started showing up looking for stragglers or so it seemed. Anyway we took a wrong turning on our minibus, and all of a sudden about 30 of them clocked us on this road on this industrial estate, near the royal mail building for people who know Derby, and we're stuck at some lights, and they start running towards our minibus, I was shitting it being the age I was, although plenty of them on the minibus would fight anyone. Anyway the lights changed just as they got 20 feet from our bus, thank fuck, but 100 yards away there was another set of lights most of the Derby stopped chasing us apart from this one fat cunt. He could narf run for a fat cunt he kept running, so someone shouted at the minibus driver to stop, this fat cunt "come on then you geordie cunts you aint goin no where!", one of the lads big hard bloke with a reputation, jumps off the bus shouts at him "we are goin somewhere and you're coming too", he ran at this fat cunt, hit him once and dragged him on the minibus! Locked the door, and didn't let the fat cunt off till we got to the Talk of The Tyne in Gateshead. Was a bit of a cunts trick but the bloke deserved it big time. Piss funny.

Sat next to Bobby Davro on the plane to the Real Mallorca UEFA game. I was stuck between him and his sound engineer in the middle seat and got an insight into his questionable recreational habits. On the trip, drank a bottle of spanish brandy after lunch, got told off by Peter Beardsley's brother (alex's dad might have been there), had a tab slapped out of my mouth by a copper and got on the telly at half time. One of Steven Taylor's first full games iirc.

Hello one and all

I've been to Saltergate 3 or 4 times over the years. I've got mates living in Brampton so regularly head that way for nights out. Where's the new stadium being built?

The 'B2Net' stadium (catchy aye?) is being built on the site of a former glass works about a mile out of the town center towards Sheffield. The club decided to share the plot of land with Tesco's who have already built and opened probably the worlds biggest store. Parking hence will be a nightmare on Saturday afternoons, however its not great now. If your interested, the link below is to a web cam overlooking the new build:

www.b2netstadium.co.uk

The design looks great and no doubt the new facilities will be superb but that won't stop a lot of Spireites missing p*ssing up a wall at Saltergate and just staggering from the local haunts to the game at 3pm. Still we have to move on for financial reasons (conference facilities etc) and the new owner (ex Sheff Wed chairman Dave Allen) has his sights on Championship football within 5 years!

If i get to see Chesterfield play Championship football before popping it, i'll die a very happy man. Brampton by the way, a cracking night out. The Royal Oak being the highlight for me.

One year at Derby I as just a kid really, 14 I think I was, was the game we lost 4-1 with three sent off. Derby had a firm called the Derby Lunatic Fringe, and as all the coaches were pulling away they started showing up looking for stragglers or so it seemed. Anyway we took a wrong turning on our minibus, and all of a sudden about 30 of them clocked us on this road on this industrial estate, near the royal mail building for people who know Derby, and we're stuck at some lights, and they start running towards our minibus, I was shitting it being the age I was, although plenty of them on the minibus would fight anyone. Anyway the lights changed just as they got 20 feet from our bus, thank fuck, but 100 yards away there was another set of lights most of the Derby stopped chasing us apart from this one fat cunt. He could narf run for a fat cunt he kept running, so someone shouted at the minibus driver to stop, this fat cunt "come on then you geordie cunts you aint goin no where!", one of the lads big hard bloke with a reputation, jumps off the bus shouts at him "we are goin somewhere and you're coming too", he ran at this fat cunt, hit him once and dragged him on the minibus! Locked the door, and didn't let the fat cunt off till we got to the Talk of The Tyne in Gateshead. Was a bit of a cunts trick but the bloke deserved it big time. Piss funny.

Great story, just what I'm after for the site. I've a few mates in Derby carrying a bit of timber, could easily have been one of them!

Do you mind if i add it to the website? May have to edit a few 'lively' words!

Sat next to Bobby Davro on the plane to the Real Mallorca UEFA game. I was stuck between him and his sound engineer in the middle seat and got an insight into his questionable recreational habits. On the trip, drank a bottle of spanish brandy after lunch, got told off by Peter Beardsley's brother (alex's dad might have been there), had a tab slapped out of my mouth by a copper and got on the telly at half time. One of Steven Taylor's first full games iirc.

Sounds like the perfect away trip to me - hilarious! Do you mind if i add it to the website? Can use your username or you can send me your proper name by e-mail contact on the site if you want?

Sounds like the perfect away trip to me - hilarious! Do you mind if i add it to the website? Can use your username or you can send me your proper name by e-mail contact on the site if you want?

Aye no bother, just use my username c/o toontastic.

Aye no bother, just use my username c/o toontastic.

Will do, cheers.

me and a few mates traveled to the Frankfurt game in the UEFA cup.We got there a few days before the game and had right good piss up we never knew Frankfurt had a 23hour drinking law so we were drinking for probably 22hours and 59seconds each day.On the day of the game we staggered around the streets of Franfurt waiting to watch the mighty Toon kick some German arse! we were drinking bottles of Jagermeister in the streets waiting for our tram,yes tram to arrive to get us to the stadium.The tram arrived and was nearly empty it had a few middle aged germans on that all had facial hair even the women. Within 4 seconds the tram was full of excited and very very drunk newcastle fans the faces of the innocent germans was worth the trip alone.the journey on tram begun stoping just a few times to pick more drunk toon fans up.As we got closer to the ground the excitment grew stronger and the singing became louder we all started to jump and dance about.Then there was this ear splitting alarm going off if was to tell us that the tram was inch's away from tipping over this for some strange reason was hilliarious and everyone thought it would be a good idea to see how far it could tip without going over.Luckly we arrived at our stop before it tipped over.We got the ground and i discovered my ticket was different to everyone else's i was sitting in the neutral's end four blocks away from my mates in the away end where abouts they were sitting in the away end i had no idea so i had to make a plan to get in there.I waited just before kick off when everyone was standind up and clapping i got out of my seat and walked along the gangway then just ran and jumped into the away end as i was in mid flight some big german twat grabbed me but as he grabbed me i turned around and punch the fat prat in the face.There was then a little brawl and i just sneaked of into the crowd.Ten minutes into the game there was a tap on my shoulder i shit myself but then i turned round to see my mates pissed as farts laughing at me.The game was boring as fuck

me and a few mates traveled to the Frankfurt game in the UEFA cup.We got there a few days before the game and had right good piss up we never knew Frankfurt had a 23hour drinking law so we were drinking for probably 22hours and 59seconds each day.On the day of the game we staggered around the streets of Franfurt waiting to watch the mighty Toon kick some German arse! we were drinking bottles of Jagermeister in the streets waiting for our tram,yes tram to arrive to get us to the stadium.The tram arrived and was nearly empty it had a few middle aged germans on that all had facial hair even the women. Within 4 seconds the tram was full of excited and very very drunk newcastle fans the faces of the innocent germans was worth the trip alone.the journey on tram begun stoping just a few times to pick more drunk toon fans up.As we got closer to the ground the excitment grew stronger and the singing became louder we all started to jump and dance about.Then there was this ear splitting alarm going off if was to tell us that the tram was inch's away from tipping over this for some strange reason was hilliarious and everyone thought it would be a good idea to see how far it could tip without going over.Luckly we arrived at our stop before it tipped over.We got the ground and i discovered my ticket was different to everyone else's i was sitting in the neutral's end four blocks away from my mates in the away end where abouts they were sitting in the away end i had no idea so i had to make a plan to get in there.I waited just before kick off when everyone was standind up and clapping i got out of my seat and walked along the gangway then just ran and jumped into the away end as i was in mid flight some big german twat grabbed me but as he grabbed me i turned around and punch the fat prat in the face.There was then a little brawl and i just sneaked of into the crowd.Ten minutes into the game there was a tap on my shoulder i shit myself but then i turned round to see my mates pissed as farts laughing at me.The game was boring as fuck

Sounds delightful.

Ok I've posted this story several times over the years but i'll do it once more.

In the early 70's, can't remember the year exactly, Newcastle were at home to Man U and me and a mate had popped into a city centre hotel for a quiet pint away from all the busy pubs. Anyway as we were sitting in the lounge, I saw a lot of people looking out into the foyer, so I says to my mate I'm off to the loo and see whats happening out there. I walks out into the foyer and saw all the Manu players exiting the lifts and walking out to the coach, Bobby Charlton, Best, Law, Kidd, you name it they were all there, and I was still looking over my shoulder at them when I pushed open the toilet door only to hear a loud clunk noise followed by a muffled exclamation.

I carefully pushed the door fully open to be greeted by the sight of the Manu Chairman Louis Edwards, and Sir Matt Busby who had been standing behind the door. On looking closer Sir matt had only the bowl of his pipe showing between his teeth, and it seems that when I pushed open the door it literally shoved his pipe down his throat. I naturally apologised profusely but they still exited the toilet muttering dark things against all things geordie. Didn't even give me an autograph!

Edited by Brazilianbob

Ok I've posted this story several times over the years but i'll do it once more.

In the early 70's, can't remember the year exactly, Newcastle were at home to Man U and me and a mate had popped into a city centre hotel for a quiet pint away from all the busy pubs. Anyway as we were sitting in the lounge, I saw a lot of people looking out into the foyer, so I says to my mate I'm off to the loo and see whats happening out there. I walks out into the foyer and saw all the Manu players exiting the lifts and walking out to the coach, Bobby Charlton, Best, Law, Kidd, you name it they were all there, and I was still looking over my shoulder at them when I pushed open the toilet door only to hear a loud clunk noise followed by a muffled exclamation.

I carefully pushed the door fully open to be greeted by the sight of the Manu Chairman Louis Edwards, and Sir Matt Busby who had been standing behind the door. On looking closer Sir matt had only the bowl of his pipe showing between his teeth, and it seems that when I pushed open the door it literally shoved his pipe down his throat. I naturally apologised profusely but they still exited the toilet muttering dark things against all things geordie. Didn't even give me an autograph!

Made me laugh out loud. Ok to put on my website?

Cheers

Me my brother in law and his brother travel down to Brighton for the fa cup game the one before the Trelford Mills replay. Apart from nearly knocking over 2 hitchhiking toon fans who seemed to think that the best place to get a lift on the A1 was right in the fucking middle of it we made it down to London where our inadequacies at navigation were exposed. Basically we didnt have a clue where to go next and hadnt bothered to bring a map. At a roundabout My brother in laws brother wound down his window and asked a gentleman who was on a bicycle stopped next to us if he happened to know the way to Brighton. Now we had been drinking (I was under age but that didnt stop me) but the reaction of this southern cyclist to me was unforgivable. He looked up saw that his exit was clear and said "what the fuck are you on about" before cycling away. My brother in law who was driving was given the instruction to "follow that cockney prick" which he did. My Brother in laws brother (there should be a quicker name for him lets call him Neil) wound down his window as we pulled up alongside the cockney cyclist and kept pace and said "I bet you're shitting yourself now eh fucknuts" and took a long swig out of his brown ale can. He then proceeded to expale said brown ale with great accuracy right in the face of the offending cyclist who lost control of his erstwhile vehicle falling off it and buckling his front wheel I am positive that as he was falling he heard the cry of three Geordie voices driving into the distance shouting "Cockney wankaaaaahhh". As an appendix due to our combined lack of knowledge we left the north east far too early and managed to get to Brighton at approximately midday which was lots of fun.... not.

Me my brother in law and his brother travel down to Brighton for the fa cup game the one before the Trelford Mills replay. Apart from nearly knocking over 2 hitchhiking toon fans who seemed to think that the best place to get a lift on the A1 was right in the fucking middle of it we made it down to London where our inadequacies at navigation were exposed. Basically we didnt have a clue where to go next and hadnt bothered to bring a map. At a roundabout My brother in laws brother wound down his window and asked a gentleman who was on a bicycle stopped next to us if he happened to know the way to Brighton. Now we had been drinking (I was under age but that didnt stop me) but the reaction of this southern cyclist to me was unforgivable. He looked up saw that his exit was clear and said "what the fuck are you on about" before cycling away. My brother in law who was driving was given the instruction to "follow that cockney prick" which he did. My Brother in laws brother (there should be a quicker name for him lets call him Neil) wound down his window as we pulled up alongside the cockney cyclist and kept pace and said "I bet you're shitting yourself now eh fucknuts" and took a long swig out of his brown ale can. He then proceeded to expale said brown ale with great accuracy right in the face of the offending cyclist who lost control of his erstwhile vehicle falling off it and buckling his front wheel I am positive that as he was falling he heard the cry of three Geordie voices driving into the distance shouting "Cockney wankaaaaahhh". As an appendix due to our combined lack of knowledge we left the north east far too early and managed to get to Brighton at approximately midday which was lots of fun.... not.

Great story, can't beat a bit of cockney bashing! Ok for me to get it on the website?

Great story, can't beat a bit of cockney bashing! Ok for me to get it on the website?

Yeah no probs.

Non'e of that ac'tually happene'd, d'id it?