Martin Taylor

donaldstott

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-25693500/

Alex McLeish has confirmed that Newcastle United have expressed their interest in Martin Taylor.

But there was no move imminent, said the Blues boss.

"Not at the moment. His agents are talking to a couple of clubs and I am just waiting.

"Newcastle approached his people and said they would be interested in a loan deal. I don't know if that is the case still, but they have certainly declared an interest."

As to whether he would prefer a loan or a permanent transfer, McLeish wouldn't say.

"Tiny has got a contract to the end of the season and he is a great guy, great pro, he comes in, gets on with his job and was one of the stars of the Reading game at the end of last season which clinched promotion.

"If Tiny is still here to the end of the season, that is fine by me."

Meanwhile, David Murphy made his comeback from a fractured kneecap by playing a half of Blues reserves 1-1 draw against Hereford United at Wast Hills in a friendly.

"He was blowing a bit after 45 minutes," said McLeish. "He felt his legs. They were almost jelly like but it is good progress because two months ago he was in despair after suffering a setback."

Michel scored Blues goal and Marcus Bent also had a run-out in the behind closed doors match.

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-25693500/

Alex McLeish has confirmed that Newcastle United have expressed their interest in Martin Taylor.

But there was no move imminent, said the Blues boss.

"Not at the moment. His agents are talking to a couple of clubs and I am just waiting.

"Newcastle approached his people and said they would be interested in a loan deal. I don't know if that is the case still, but they have certainly declared an interest."

As to whether he would prefer a loan or a permanent transfer, McLeish wouldn't say.

"Tiny has got a contract to the end of the season and he is a great guy, great pro, he comes in, gets on with his job and was one of the stars of the Reading game at the end of last season which clinched promotion.

"If Tiny is still here to the end of the season, that is fine by me."

Meanwhile, David Murphy made his comeback from a fractured kneecap by playing a half of Blues reserves 1-1 draw against Hereford United at Wast Hills in a friendly.

"He was blowing a bit after 45 minutes," said McLeish. "He felt his legs. They were almost jelly like but it is good progress because two months ago he was in despair after suffering a setback."

Michel scored Blues goal and Marcus Bent also had a run-out in the behind closed doors match.

He's shite, always was shite and always will be shite. Scares me when I look at him and think he's three years younger than me.