John Terry stripped of England captaincy?

Nobby

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all great for the Scottish/Irish/welsh though :lol:

I'd have someone like Barry as captain but he's not likely to start every game.

Could always give it to Rooney the hot head in the hope it wises him up a bit.

rooney isnt as mental as he used to be though, could be the next step in his evolution as a player

This is all great for some of the Scottish/Irish/welsh though :lol:

EDIT: Forgot to say FYP!

I've worked with quite a few 'Celts' who are more than happy to see England do well. They realise that there are some of us who, despite getting a bit of pre-cum when England do well, we are not all the same as these knackas who thrive on the red top shite and see every Engerlund game as another battle of Jutland/Agincourt/Goose Green.

Edited by snakehips

Don't think it's a burden really in the way it can be in stuff like cricket. I quite like the idea. It would piss Terry off in the short-term too which is another reason to go for it.

Ashley Cole gets injured Terry is going to 25 feet away from Bridge most of the game, and he's the captain. It aint right. I noticed Lampard distanced himself from Terry on Saturday, and I don't believe the sun that the England team are rallying round him. This thing could cost us the world cup, I think Terry should be removed from the squad for the forseeable future, and as for Rooney being under increased pressure with the captaincy I really don't think so. Fabregas is Arsenal captain at 22 as he leads by example, who better to lead England by example than Rooney, he'd thrive under it in my view.

Shirley some players thrive under the captaincy though?

Some do, but I think the World Cup is the hardly best place to test this hypothesis. Agree that it's not as bad as cricket but it's still additional responsibility - Rooney has enough of that as the team's most important player, he's having a great season for Man U, so why change anything?

I bet his lass has been waiting for a chance like this to take him to the cleaner's as well. Wants a divorce if you believe the rags.

His lass isn't bad looking at all, the frog bint isn't neither but her nose reminds me of Matt Le Tissier's.

Some do, but I think the World Cup is the hardly best place to test this hypothesis. Agree that it's not as bad as cricket but it's still additional responsibility - Rooney has enough of that as the team's most important player, he's having a great season for Man U, so why change anything?

Maradona? He was only 18 months older than Rooney in 1986.

Ashley Cole gets injured Terry is going to 25 feet away from Bridge most of the game, and he's the captain. It aint right. I noticed Lampard distanced himself from Terry on Saturday, and I don't believe the sun that the England team are rallying round him. This thing could cost us the world cup, I think Terry should be removed from the squad for the forseeable future, and as for Rooney being under increased pressure with the captaincy I really don't think so. Fabregas is Arsenal captain at 22 as he leads by example, who better to lead England by example than Rooney, he'd thrive under it in my view.

We may or may not find out, but I reckon it could just have the opposite effect on him i.e. he tries too hard to be captain, gets too 'involved' in situations and ends up with more bookings/sending offs than ever. I agree that he seems to have cut out a heck of a lot of petulance in the last year or so, but has it gone for good? I doubt it.

I bet his lass has been waiting for a chance like this to take him to the cleaner's as well. Wants a divorce if you believe the rags.

His lass isn't bad looking at all, the frog bint isn't neither but her nose reminds me of Matt Le Tissier's.

Aye well, I hardly think personality was a big factor for either of them :lol:

She probably thinks he's a prick anyway but loves the lifestyle. Now she can the latter without the former.

Maradona? He was only 18 months older than Rooney in 1986.

Maradona in '86 can't be used as a sensible comparison to Rooney tho (or pretty much anything else you can think of tbf). Talent like that puts you in a bracket where you can pretty much do anything.

If it's going to go anywhere I'd be inclined to have a punt on Lampard.

Fucking right bastard of a problem we just didnt need in the build up though as has already been said, to Terry's complete fucking disgrace. Christ on that coin he could have nobbed off with any bint he fucking wanted, all the country asked of him was to look outside of the England first XI's WAGS.

My own thoughts are that it would be more damaging for squad moral to have him as captain than not. The likelihood is that Bridge, Barry, Wright Phillips and Lescott are all likely to be on the plane and siding with Bridge in thinking the captain is scum. There will be a number who don't play for City, who are closer to Bridge and who will resent what Terry has been up to.

I reckon Gerrard could step in and do a very good job. At a push Ferdinand, Barry, Lampard and Rooney would be the only regulars with and captaincy pedigree.

If they are and they're letting personal issues get in the way of the job in hand - the push for success in the WC - then they don't deserve to be there. Seriously.

If he isn't captain then I'd suggest Rooney - purely for how 'complete' he's been this season.

:lol:

Poor Wayne

Yeah but he knew she had before he got with her....same as that Danielle Lloyd....Spurs used to use her for wet whether training to keep them "sharp in the box" from what I hear....she's with Jamie O'Hara now :lol:

Edited by PaddockLad