Chopra

donaldstott

That's bang out of order. Former players should not have to put up with that!!

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8...5892961,00.html

Michael Chopra has defended his actions after being spat on by a Newcastle United fan on Wednesday.

The Cardiff City striker, who was watching Newcastle's 2-0 win over Crystal Palace, reportedly hit a Toon fan after he asked for a photograph with the former United and Sunderland striker.

However, Chopra insists he lashed out after being provoked.

Chopra thought he was taking part in a photo session only for his Sunderland past to be called into question.

The ex-Magpies frontman was then spat on, forcing him to do everything he could to get away from his attacker.

"He spat in my face and I did what I had to do to defend myself. He was bang out of order," he told the Daily Mirror.

"He asked me for a photo and I agreed to that but then he started videoing me and asking me why I had played for Sunderland and what it was like to play for them.

"He spat in my face and called me names and then I had to get him off me.

"I don't know if anyone from the club got hold of him after that but I did not involve the stewards or the police.

"The fan was completely out of order. All I did was get him off me."

Chops is a good lad, whoever this scrote was that spat at him might as well be a fucking Mackem for that sort of conduct. I hope the spitter gets banned from the ground for good.

Chops is a good lad, whoever this scrote was that spat at him might as well be a fucking Mackem for that sort of conduct. I hope the spitter gets banned from the ground for good.

Just got out of bed and mis-read that. For one moment I thought you were accusing Meenzer of that vile attack ;)