Erik Huseklepp

2bias

Skysports.com understands Stoke and Newcastle are eyeing moves for Norwegian star Erik Huseklepp.

Huseklepp is regarded as one of the best players in Scandinavia and a number clubs across Europe have been keeping tabs on his situation.

The likes of Liverpool, Sunderland, Blackburn and Wigan have been credited with an interest in the attacking midfielder, but Stoke and Newcastle are thought to be leading the chase for the 25-year-old.

Stoke and Newcastle are both keen to bolster their attacking options before the close of the transfer window and the fact that Huseklepp can play out wide or up front makes him an attractive proposition to both clubs.

Huseklepp is currently in pre-season training with Brann in Spain and the Norwegians would find it hard to resist a sizeable offer for the skilful attacker.

The Norwegian international is believed to be keen on a move to England and it remains to be seen if either Stoke or Newcastle step up their interest with a firm offer.

someone mentioned him on here last week I think

then again someone mentioend routledge and we went for him

I said it would be a better option, to go for him, than Ofere from Malmö. Huseklep is primarly a striker, but with technic and pace enough, to be able to play as a winger. His has been pretty hot in scandinavia for a while, but he have been a bit pricy. Things are different now. Brann Bergen are in a bad finacial state, and he is in his last year of contract.

If Newcastle where to go for any strikers in scandinavia he would be one of the best options.

Skjelbred is a good tippeligaen player, but not near Premier league or barely Championship standard (Yes he is amazing in FM :) ). While Huseklepp is a striker who scores for fun. A few great goals from totally weird angles aswell. He has both the technique, pace and finishing ability to be a good premier league player. Though what ive read from norwegian papers is he will cost around 40m kr(about 4m pounds) Only him and Anthony Annan are the players worth a try from Norway at present.

Players like Skjelbred, Huseklepp and Annan are the likes of which we will be going for once we get promoted i think.

Come promotion id like us to let Lovenkrands go and replace with Huseklepp.

Maybe let Nolan or Barton go and replace with Skjelbred...He is PL standard for sure, i mean he's done well in the CL hasnt he!?

Skjelbred is a good tippeligaen player, but not near Premier league or barely Championship standard (Yes he is amazing in FM :) ). While Huseklepp is a striker who scores for fun. A few great goals from totally weird angles aswell. He has both the technique, pace and finishing ability to be a good premier league player. Though what ive read from norwegian papers is he will cost around 40m kr(about 4m pounds) Only him and Anthony Annan are the players worth a try from Norway at present.

The 4 million £ was what they wanted in the summer. Now is different. Brann needs to ship of players, to get the wage bill down. Their finance is not that good. If Brann where to sell Huseklepp, i think they'll be in for Thorstein Helstad. He's in his last year of contract also. Danish club Brøndby where rumourd to be interested in him, after they sold Morten Rasmussen to Celtic. If there is anything in those rumours I'd think he would be priced around 1.5 million £ instead

Players like Skjelbred, Huseklepp and Annan are the likes of which we will be going for once we get promoted i think.

Maybe let Nolan or Barton go and replace with Skjelbred...He is PL standard for sure, i mean he's done well in the CL hasnt he!?

Considering he plays for Rosenborg who haven't played in the Championsleague for a couple of seasons and went out in the Euro League qualification this year, I'd say no tbh.

Considering he plays for Rosenborg who haven't played in the Championsleague for a couple of seasons and went out in the Euro League qualification this year, I'd say no tbh.

My mistake...i thought he had played in the CL for Rosenborg...my bad :)

Still...from what i have seen of him though he is pretty techniqually gifted and can pass a ball.

Come promotion, Lovenkrands is the one striker we have that'll be a decent back-up IMO.

Come promotion, Lovenkrands is the one striker we have that'll be a decent back-up IMO.

Do you really think so?

I dont really rate him, he misses so many easy chances, just look at the palace game...yes he has a bit of pace but for me doesnt use it effectively.

Ranger has potential to be a decent backup if not better.

Shola Should be a backup if we got a quality striker in but i doubt he'd want to sit on the bench at this point in his career.

Carroll needs to finish this season strongly to justify a 1st team place but potentially his strength, his touch, his arial ability and the quality of some of his goals suggest he COULD be a good PL striker.

Do you really think so?

I dont really rate him, he misses so many easy chances, just look at the palace game...yes he has a bit of pace but for me doesnt use it effectively.

Shola Should be a backup if we got a quality striker in but i doubt he'd want to sit on the bench at this point in his career.

Carroll needs to finish this season strongly to justify a 1st team place but potentially his strength, his touch, his arial ability and the quality of some of his goals suggest he COULD be a good PL striker.

I don't rate him highly but I think Ranger is a long way away from the player everyone seems to think he is. I think he needs a full season playing regularly to come along and Carroll's performances down in the Championship don't suggest someone that will be a decent option at the next level, at least not at this point in his career, maybe in a season or two but he's very raw at the moment. Lovenkrands is probably the best of a bad bunch, especially when Shola isn't ever fit enough to put together a string of games. If he's first choice, I'll be concerned but considering there's no chance of signing 4 new Premier League quality strikers, I'd keep him around and loan out Ranger. If we can get a couple of strikers in with a ton of pace then, fair enough, flog him but I can't see it happening.

Do you really think so?

I don't rate him highly but I think Ranger is a long way away from the player everyone seems to think he is. I think he needs a full season playing regularly to come along and Carroll's performances down in the Championship don't suggest someone that will be a decent option at the next level, at least not at this point in his career, maybe in a season or two but he's very raw at the moment. Lovenkrands is probably the best of a bad bunch, especially when Shola isn't ever fit enough to put together a string of games. If he's first choice, I'll be concerned but considering there's no chance of signing 4 new Premier League quality strikers, I'd keep him around and loan out Ranger. If we can get a couple of strikers in with a ton of pace then, fair enough, flog him but I can't see it happening.

Fair point mate, i too would loan Ranger out next season if we get the chance of a couple of PL standard strikers.

Carrol for me shows alot of promise but needs games, a consistent run, some will argue he has had that this season but he hasnt been able to build a partnership with anyone and lest we not forget...our midfield has been gash, strikers can only create so much for themselves...look at his second against WBA in cup.

Carroll would be great upfront with either Moses or Vaughan.

He doesnt even look a "good" fizzy pop league striker.

There is a story in a norwegian newspaper today, about how an investement company paid the signon fee, of 500.000 £ when Huseklepp last signed with Brann. They are very interested in retaining some of that money again, since they apparently did the same thing with Eirik Bakke, and stands to loose about 25 million norwegian kroner, if all the players in last year of contracts leaves.

I'd imagine that Brann needs to ship out some players, and recoup some of that money for the investetment group behind Brann.

There is a story in a norwegian newspaper today, about how an investement company paid the signon fee, of 500.000 £ when Huseklepp last signed with Brann. They are very interested in retaining some of that money again, since they apparently did the same thing with Eirik Bakke, and stands to loose about 25 million norwegian kroner, if all the players in last year of contracts leaves.

I'd imagine that Brann needs to ship out some players, and recoup some of that money for the investetment group behind Brann.

Any news on a newcastle bid?

Any news on a newcastle bid?

Bergens Tidende has a story confirming the interest from Newcastle, but also quoting the club on not receiving any offers yet. The club and supports seem pretty resigned on loosing him in this window, and they'd rather cash in, than let him leave on a bosman

• 2 weeks later...

Huseklepp rumours back on, though considering the source, probally bullshit

http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...le.asp?a=186790

Them asking for 4 million and him waiting out for Chelsea.... i think not.

More reliable source is saying, that he is negotiating a extension on his deal with Brann. For those who read norwegian http://fotball.bt.no/eliteserien/article161310.ece