Here he goes again!

loonyTOON

did bramble really look talented? he made andy o'brien look a solid centre half to be fair.

Did he fuck man ;) And in terms of talent I meant he had the attributes - pace, power, strength etc. Obviously I've mentioned what let him down.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did bramble really look talented? he made andy o'brien look a solid centre half to be fair.

Did he fuck man ;) And in terms of talent I meant he had the attributes - pace, power, strength etc. Obviously I've mentioned what let him down.

he had attributes but droppped a bollock every other game because his brain hurt so much.

he had attributes but droppped a bollock every other game because his brain hurt so much.

He was better than O'Brien though. Unbelievable to suggest otherwise tbh.

Not much to choose between them but you have to rememeber we got to the second stage of the champions league with them and Dabizas. None of them out ot the top draw but we acheived a hell of a lot with them, mostly due to Sir Bob being one of the rare coaches who genuinely improves players in his charge (Harry Redknapp is the same, pity he's a gangster too though <_< )

We didnt need Franco Baresi types to keep us all happy a few years back and this revisionism is a bit galling to be honest. And if the World Cup had been last season Bramble wouldve been an outsider for the squad in the way Michael Dawson is being mentioned this season. But Bramble plays for Wigan and Dawson plays for Spurs so maybe not....see also,much as it pains me to say, Darren Bent and Jermaine Defoe.

Titus

BubbaGump.jpg

Bubba

Titus_Bramble_630162.jpg

Not much to choose between them but you have to rememeber we got to the second stage of the champions league with them and Dabizas. None of them out ot the top draw but we acheived a hell of a lot with them, mostly due to Sir Bob being one of the rare coaches who genuinely improves players in his charge (Harry Redknapp is the same, pity he's a gangster too though <_< )

We didnt need Franco Baresi types to keep us all happy a few years back and this revisionism is a bit galling to be honest. And if the World Cup had been last season Bramble wouldve been an outsider for the squad in the way Michael Dawson is being mentioned this season. But Bramble plays for Wigan and Dawson plays for Spurs so maybe not....see also,much as it pains me to say, Darren Bent and Jermaine Defoe.

I don't think O'Brien, Bramble, Carl Cort, Viana, Jenas, Gavilan, etc. improved under Robson much tbh.

they were both garbage to be fair

Did you see them in the San Siro then?....

Keep changing your tune there Dan and you might hit the right note eventually. <_<

Not that either of them were perfect but they played a lot in the sides that finished 4th, 3rd and 5th.

Keep changing your tune there Dan and you might hit the right note eventually. <_<

yeah, sorry you're right. both top class defenders. wish we never got rid of them :icon_lol:

yeah, sorry you're right. both top class defenders. wish we never got rid of them :icon_lol:

Aye, that's exactly what I said :icon_lol:

Not that either of them were perfect but they played a lot in the sides that finished 4th, 3rd and 5th.

Precisely.....Arsenal will finish 3rd this season with the likes of Campbell and Silvestre playing regularly....Bramble,Dabizas and O'Brien were/are miles from being top class players but I'll always think well of them for what we acheived with them in the side. To say "urrgh they were shite" is inaccurate and misses the point by a country mile....you can acheive a lot with the sum of the parts of what on paper may appear a mediore team.

the sbr years were class. i've got massive respect for the man. the way he was sacked was a disgrace. he did have a couple of howlers in the transfer market mind - the main ones for me were bramble and carl cort. both arrived for around 6-7m and we were glad to see the back of both of them.

andy o'brien was cheaper than bramble so arguably not as big a flop - didn't arrive with expectations that he'd be anything other than an average centre half so wasn't as big a let down.

but to be fair alex, everyone on this board slagged both bramble and o'brien off regularly when they were at the club.

Edited by Dr Gloom

the sbr years were class. i've got massive respect for the ma and the way he was sacked was a disgrace. he did have a couple of howlers in the transfer market mind - the main for me were bramble and carl cort. both arrived for around 6-7m and we were glad to see the back of both of them.

andy o'brien was cheaper than bramble so arguably not as big a flop - didn't arrive with expectations that he'd be anything other than an average centre half so wasn't as big a let down.

but to be fair alex, everyone on this board slagged both bramble and o'brien off regularly when they were at the club.

Like most fans slagged Robson when we came 5th you mean? Same thing tbh.

the sbr years were class. i've got massive respect for the ma and the way he was sacked was a disgrace. he did have a couple of howlers in the transfer market mind - the main for me were bramble and carl cort. both arrived for around 6-7m and we were glad to see the back of both of them.

not everyone slagged sbr off. i don't remember too many bramble/o'brien apologists

not everyone slagged sbr off. i don't remember too many bramble/o'brien apologists

You miss the point again tbh. Forget it.

You miss the point again tbh. Forget it.

what is your point? as far as i can see, it was that bramble had some good attributes and wasn't the total donkey i'm making him out to be. stop if me i'm wrong like

the sbr years were class. i've got massive respect for the man. the way he was sacked was a disgrace. he did have a couple of howlers in the transfer market mind - the main ones for me were bramble and carl cort. both arrived for around 6-7m and we were glad to see the back of both of them.

Assuming Steven Taylor leaves in the summer (nailed on if you ask me) say we brought Titus back....do you think it would be a backwards step?....he's been a first choice premier league centre back for 10 years and 5 different manangers, he must have something going for him?.....

Assuming Steven Taylor leaves in the summer (nailed on if you ask me) say we brought Titus back....do you think it would be a backwards step?....he's been a first choice premier league centre back for 10 years and 5 different manangers, he must have something going for him?.....

i'd say re-signing bramble would definitely be a backwards step.

i must admit i haven't been an avid wigan-watcher in recent years but i'd be surprised if he'd been able to eradicate the mistakes from his game that made him a liability while he was with us.

despite the raw attributes of pace and strength, he didn't have the concentration or brain not to make regular fuck ups that almost always contributed to us conceding goals.

i'd rather use williamson, collocini and taylor before buying bramble back. same goes for o'brien to be fair. me saying bramble made o'brien look good wasn't me saying o'brien was a good defender btw alex - you seemed to miss that first time around.

Edited by Dr Gloom