Newcastle United 6-1 Barnsley FT

Deano

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barrack Road

Great day all round yesterday the toon, I mean scoring six goals is fabulous which is why I'm at a loss as to why there's so much negativity surrounding it. Yes the sending off effected the game, but we took advantage tremendously. You often hear the line it's harder against ten men sometimes, well it can't cut both ways, lets just take it for what it was, and the was an example of how to pull teams apart when you have a man advantage, using the full pitch.

I think Bob Cass' article today tried to puncture the balloon a bit. Is he a mackem?

Such weaponry may be good enough here but in the Premier League they could be lambs to the slaughter.

There is a lovable gullibility about United fans borne out of a misapprehension their club should be up there mixing it on a level playing field with the big guns.

Under current owner Mike Ashley, however, this looks a forlorn hope.

I don't know anyone who thinks we should be operating on a level playing field with "the big guns". We often get the tag most deluded supporters in football, I think most realistic is near the truth. Most people were saying it wouldn't be easy in this league, "I'd take 8th" "I'll be stuck to my blankets if we come 6th", I knew all along we'd piss it, but that shows you that we aren't over expectant bufoons on the whole.