Chemtrails.

Park Life

Some bloke posted in this thread that his wife wrote to the Met office and they said it was all alright. :wub:

To be fair only the reply was pasted here so I don't think we know what the matter was really about anyway. But again, what are you suggesting? A member of the Met office lied to a member of the public? The Met office are part of a wider conspiracy?

Personally I'd sooner trust a second hand opinion from a meteorology expert than some loon on the internet who believes cancer is a vitamin deficiency.

They can't even get the weather right. :D

Science is all about managing uncertainty Parky my dear, and this is especially true of chaotic systems (like weather and the stock market). Problem with the Met office is that people don't handle uncertainty well, and they are pressurised into making categorical claims when they are not really certain.

Anyway, I read this article and thought of you. ;) Interesting article though, seriously, tell me what you think when you have a moment.

New Scientist.

As much as i agree with all that at the general level, true science can only deny and not affirm anything.

The author is a bit confused though as affirming a relationship between autism and vaccines isnt denying anything. Its the proper scientific process of proposing alternative hypotheses for testing.

'Scepticism' which may be a better way of describing people who dont believe in following the guidance or governments of healthcare systems is right and Proper and enshrined in Popper.

Disagreeing with the prevailing scientific view is healthy, it generates hypotheses that can be falsified.

Absolutely. But what happens when people won't accept that their alternative hypothesis has been falsified, or just tweak it ad infinitum? At what point does rationality and common sense prevail? Also, there's degrees here. For example, I've no problem with people being sceptical of the NICE guidance on Alzheimers and even questioning the motivation of NICE themselves. That's healthy. But to claim all cancer is curable by vitamin C, or heart disease can be successfully treated with chelation therapy, and then propose that the medical hierarchy know and suppress this, is akin to mental illness imo.

I liked this list. It seems spot on in describing the tactics of many conspiracy theorists. Some of it applies to Parky's post above this one. ;)

■1. Allege that there's a conspiracy. Claim that scientific consensus has arisen through collusion rather than the accumulation of evidence.

■2. Use fake experts to support your story. "Denial always starts with a cadre of pseudo-experts with some credentials that create a facade of credibility," says Seth Kalichman of the University of Connecticut.

■3. Cherry-pick the evidence: trumpet whatever appears to support your case and ignore or rubbish the rest. Carry on trotting out supportive evidence even after it has been discredited.

■4. Create impossible standards for your opponents. Claim that the existing evidence is not good enough and demand more. If your opponent comes up with evidence you have demanded, move the goalposts.

■5. Use logical fallacies. Hitler opposed smoking, so anti-smoking measures are Nazi. Deliberately misrepresent the scientific consensus and then knock down your straw man.

■6. Manufacture doubt. Falsely portray scientists as so divided that basing policy on their advice would be premature. Insist "both sides" must be heard and cry censorship when "dissenting" arguments or experts are rejected.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scientists and doctors the world over refused the vaccine mate....I didn't just make it up. As I said once it got out the german army refused it the people were spooked and rightly so.

Scientists and doctors the world over refused the vaccine mate....I didn't just make it up. As I said once it got out the german army refused it the people were spooked and rightly so.

This is because it turned out to be not a particularly virulent virus. If it had been virulent, the vaccine uptake would have been much greater. I wouldn't particularly want a sore arm when it became apparent the risks were very small. This doesn't mean the disease was manufactured for the benefit of the Pharmaceutical companies though. You see, that's an example of a logical fallacy - point 5.

Btw, you keep banging on about Poland. Could they even afford the vaccine? I doubt it. Another logical fallacy.

This is because it turned out to be not a particularly virulent virus. If it had been virulent, the vaccine uptake would have been much greater. I wouldn't particularly want a sore arm when it became apparent the risks were very small. This doesn't mean the disease was manufactured for the benefit of the Pharmaceutical companies though. You see, that's an example of a logical fallacy - point 5.

Btw, you keep banging on about Poland. Could they even afford the vaccine? I doubt it. Another logical fallacy.

;):wub:

It's the fastest growing economy in Europe with the lowest debt you dope. ;)

Edited by Park Life

:D:wub:

It's the fastest growing economy in Europe with the lowest debt you dope. ;)

Jesus Parky, this sounds like our discussion on India a few days back. Its rate of growth and level of debt are irrelevant, its present (or rather, last years) GDP and healthcare expenditure is what matters. I can't be arsed right now, but why don't you look that up and compare it to the UK?

Classic distraction technique btw, another conspiracist's tool of choice. ;)

To be fair Rents, the Poland thing is very interesting, you cant blame someone from questioning the authenticity of the threat.

I certainly cant blame anyone for being suspicious of a media driven panic with the bonfires of hysteria being fanned by zealous pharma executives at Roche/GSK/Sanof (perhaps only opportunistically), the WHO, government health ministers compelled to 'act decisively' in lieu of looking weak and without leadership etc etc etc

Again, i go back to what we mean by conspiracy. Does it have to be a pre-mitigated plan starting from scratch that gathers the world's media conglomerates, governments, corporations together to hatch out a devious plan to exercise control through fear and make some millions? Or can it be the opportunistic vested interest working behind the scenes to take advantage of a situation part engineered, part by chance? Since the latter is what lobbyists are paid to do, as i say, conspiracy is everywhere.

Parky thinks EVERYTHING is a conspiracy - there's just no judgment there

Any one who disagrees with his ideas is then part of the conspiracy

Spent too much time studying Zionists and Elves TBH

Parky thinks EVERYTHING is a conspiracy - there's just no judgment there

Any one who disagrees with his ideas is then part of the conspiracy

Spent too much time studying Zionists and Elves TBH

WHO ARE YOU?

WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?

SOMETHING IS GOING ON!!11

:wub:

I've TOLD you

I am actually a post-grad project at the University of Adelaide

half a dozen of us contribute to these forrii and use the results to study ESN people

Looks like any other jet IMHO - as for "low altitude" it looks as it i'td way up and they're using a bloody big zoom lens Parky

That UFO looks like a bird to me the way it crosses under the trail and dips away

PS not every plane is ID'd on that site they use as "no radar trace" - what they actually mean is that he's not broadcasting his ident - BA often don't whereas EasyJet seem to do it all the time

While you are there Parky can I interest you in a fail safe money making scheme that will turn your initial investment into an increased return of at least 500%?

Basically all you need to do is send me £5,000 then get 10 of your friends to send me £5,000, they each get 10 of their friends to send me £5,000 who in turn each get 10 friends to send me £5,000.

Once the pot has reached it's target I will send you £25,000, this return can be as quick as you like as long as you don't hang about getting your friends investing. Then the next time the pot hits it's target I will send you ANOTHER £25,000 and the same return will go the first 10 friends, this will continue until we are all filthy rich.

PM me and I will let you know the account details for investments.

Cheers.

Maybe it's to negate some of the effects of the 2012 solar flare...

This is also one of the theories. There are some very strange things going on in our solar system right now ie Venus losing one of its rings and ALL the planets looking like they are heating up/new anomalies in their magnetic fields *see nasa website.

@Renton

Commercial airlines/planes aren't involved at all. This is strictly a military op hence the ease of deniabiltiy. I know that over europe it is American planes doing it which are Nato alligned some based in Belgium and others based in the Uk and Germany.

I don't really know why they would be doing it, but the cost is high (in terms of fuel and mantime, the aerosol is cheap to make) so there must be some very grounded reasoning behind it. UV is definately part of the puzzle as is atmospheric temperatures which might be an issue if there are problems with our magnetic field as there is currently with Venus. It was only recently acknowledged that there is a kind of filligree of electromagnetism that links the planets depending on orbit and procession, so things happening on the big ones (inc the sun) also effects us.

SOMETHING IS GOING ON. :icon_lol:

Erm, Venus doesn't have any rings and only has a neglible magnetic field though.

Fuck! its wose than we first thought :lol:

• 3 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFpS1yVioLM

It's to do with global warming and a worldwide experiment to deflect sunlight and all the atmospheric cooling possibilities that comes with that.

The only problem is all the alluminium and barium that falls to the ground into the water supply, hence the need for secrecy.

Edited by Park Life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFpS1yVioLM

It's to do with global warming and a worldwide experiment to deflect sunlight and all the atmospheric cooling possibilities that comes with that.

The only problem is all the alluminium and barium that falls to the ground into the water supply, hence the need for secrecy.

Hmmm. A conspiracy to cover a conspiracy. Interesting. :wub: