Why are people so sensitive?

Guest The Three Lions

If you want my advice Stevie, just watch what you stick in emails, because it's on record, as it were.

As my company is learning the hard way at the moment, off the cuff comments sound a bit more serious when they're being read out in court and reported on the front page of the Irish News.

People are misconstrued all the time on here, even with the benefit of safety winks.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there's enough distance to joke about it without repercussion now like....unless her ex-lad was actually there.

A St. Paul teacher is under fire after she made an offensive joke about the Holocaust.

According to Hazel Park Middle School Academy officials, the 8th grade English teacher sent an e-mail titled ‘Torture Time!’ via interoffice mail to alert other employees about a Holocaust simulation she was planning for her class next week.

In it, she wrote the Feb. 13 exercise was going to be a ‘day of sheer pleasure for the staff being themselves as Nazi Officers and becoming Adolfs.’

“She was trying to be sarcastic and amusing,” said the school’s principal Coleman McDonough.

It further explained the students would wear yellow stars, similar to those Jewish people were forced to wear by Nazi Germany during World War II.

The e-mail stated the reason for the simulation was to give ’staff need[ed] stress relief and entertainment.’

http://www.bagofnothing.com/2009/02/teache...holocaust-joke/

:icon_lol:

that can't be real :lol:

how do you not think, at any point, that its probably a bad idea to put this in writing

I almost had this sort of situation (but not as bad) where I was knocking about with this new Chinese girl on my IT course at uni. Saw this rather fat bloke and without thinking said to her "blimey, he's got more chins than a....."

She probably wouldn't have been that offended but was such a David Brent moment when I had to stop myself mid sentence.

see youve got to know the limits for who you're with, ive got a friend who is chinese and we joke about it a lot but we can because we know he doesnt mind its just part of our banter but Id never say half the crap I give him to someone at work or a new friend

Definitely, I'm in the same boat. Hence why I stopped mid sentence!

I'd echo that the joke would be okay if you knew her better - I work with Germans and have exchanged good war jokes/comments with a few but only with ones I knew well ehough to joke about general things as well.

I'd echo that the joke would be okay if you knew her better - I work with Germans and have exchanged good war jokes/comments with a few but only with ones I knew well ehough to joke about general things as well.

But you'll find if you know them long enough that they'll remember 'that joke' forever.

Guest The Three Lions

To be honest I agree with Alex fuckin stupid typing risque things as they all get recorded, hopefully I'll get away with it. When I was in my early twenties I got a written warning for something like this, not as bad, just flirting on internal email with a girl I was shaggin, but she was slaggin bosses off left, right and centre, I got a real bollocking but she got it worse.

To be honest I agree with Alex fuckin stupid typing risque things as they all get recorded, hopefully I'll get away with it. When I was in my early twenties I got a written warning for something like this, not as bad, just flirting on internal email with a girl I was shaggin, but she was slaggin bosses off left, right and centre, I got a real bollocking but she got it worse.

Seriously Stevie isn't it time you went alone. You must have a big enough contact base by now. :icon_lol:

Tooj used to work with a kid who accidentally copied and pasted a load of "Chuck Norris is so...." stuff into a report that was sent to clients iirc :icon_lol:

Guest The Three Lions

Seriously Stevie isn't it time you went alone. You must have a big enough contact base by now. :icon_lol:

Too risky in the economic climate we're in Parky. I will in a few years though.

Seriously Stevie isn't it time you went alone. You must have a big enough contact base by now. :lol:

That's herd thinking. You need to shape up fella. :icon_lol:

You need 4/5 big clients who you get on with and you can call up all those you've found jobs for or got good interviews for and you get to keep all the cash.

Edited by Park Life

Guest The Three Lions

Seriously Stevie isn't it time you went alone. You must have a big enough contact base by now. :lol:

That's herd thinking. You need to shape up fella. :icon_lol:

You need 4/5 big clients who you get on with and you can call up all those you've found jobs for or got good interviews for and you get to keep all the cash.

If it was that simple do you think I wouldn't do it now. The construction industry is on its arse, and I have got the balls for Stevie v Hays at the moment.

Could be she's delighting in the controversy just because she's new in the company and it could kind of define her. I'm guessing you have, but it might be worth taking her aside the next time you're around and apologise for causing offence. Even if the apology simply serves to placate someone who's a bit of a drama queen?

A bit of harmless, anti-Semitic flirting? And they say romance is dead tbh.

Could be she's delighting in the controversy just because she's new in the company and it could kind of define her. I'm guessing you have, but it might be worth taking her aside the next time you're around and apologise for causing offence. Even if the apology simply serves to placate someone who's a bit of a drama queen?

Just make sure you do it in person. I wouldn't apologise like. I'd pretend it never happened.

Just make sure you do it in person. I wouldn't apologise like. I'd pretend it never happened.

The holocaust?

Just gets worst tbh.

The holocaust?

Just gets worst tbh.

:icon_lol:

Aye but if he's rarely in the office and she's one of those people she could spread stuff about him when he's not there; paint him as a fully paid up member of the Klan. If Stevie heads it off at the pass, acts contrite he's covered himself.

Aye but if he's rarely in the office and she's one of those people she could spread stuff about him when he's not there; paint him as a fully paid up member of the Klan. If Stevie heads it off at the pass, acts contrite he's covered himself.

I think you're over analysing it. Particularly if it never happened.