Leazes Mag / AshleysSkidMark Love In

LeazesMag

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, to get back on track, Pompey, for all they won the FA Cup aren't the biggest of clubs anyway, so they should be grateful they got their big day that they will never forget. They can think about it when they are back in the 2nd division, but what a memory.

:icon_lol:

Indeed. Surely 'back on track' would be talking about Joe Cole? :lol:

no, trying to divert Ashleysskidmarks from his absurd attacks on the old board, as he clearly hasn't got a clue what they did for the club.

Fleeced money from it and left it in shit loads of debt?

Why did the Shepherd sell up Leazes? Surely no cash sum would make you want to leave the club you love and support?

eer.........because the Halls had already sold out and Ashley had control already :rolleyes:

You've got a strange grudge against Shepherd son. See your GP. How old are you ?

I think you'll find he wasn't obliged to sell. He did hold out for an extra penny per share iirc

So what?

Anyway, to get back on track, Pompey, for all they won the FA Cup aren't the biggest of clubs anyway, so they should be grateful they got their big day that they will never forget. They can think about it when they are back in the 2nd division, but what a memory.

no, trying to divert Ashleysskidmarks from his absurd attacks on the old board, as he clearly hasn't got a clue what they did for the club.

Why did the Shepherd sell up Leazes? Surely no cash sum would make you want to leave the club you love and support?

eer.........because the Halls had already sold out and Ashley had control already :rolleyes:

You've got a strange grudge against Shepherd son. See your GP. How old are you ?

I think you'll find he wasn't obliged to sell. He did hold out for an extra penny per share iirc

So what?

He said if he wasn't ill he would have put up a fight. Surely a multi-millionaire could have had a legal team do that for him?

He sold up because Ashley had a controlling majority and he was clearly told he would be a peripheral figure. Doesn't mean he wanted to go. It's the Halls you need to be looking at on that score. Don't buy the bit about him having spent all our money either but don't really fancy getting into that again.

Oh aye, we're clearly rolling in it :icon_lol:

So what?

He said if he wasn't ill he would have put up a fight. Surely a multi-millionaire could have had a legal team do that for him?

Maybe that's him putting a rose-tinted view on it. Maybe he did want to fight the takeover. He couldn't really do much once the Halls had sold out anyway. I don't think he wanted to sell though. He loved the limelight for a start.

He sold up because Ashley had a controlling majority and he was clearly told he would be a peripheral figure. Doesn't mean he wanted to go. It's the Halls you need to be looking at on that score. Don't buy the bit about him having spent all our money either but don't really fancy getting into that again.

Oh aye, we're clearly rolling in it :icon_lol:

I didn't say we were. But I think you could put that down to relegation as much as anything. How long has Ashley been in charge now? 3 Years, is it? We signed Owen 5 years ago iirc. Which is when the future sponsorship revenue was spent. I'm not a Shepherd apologist by any means but laying it all on him ignores the role of the Halls and is like pretending the last 3 years never happened.

So what?

Maybe that's him putting a rose-tinted view on it. Maybe he did want to fight the takeover. He couldn't really do much once the Halls had sold out anyway. I don't think he wanted to sell though. He loved the limelight for a start.

Either that or he realised that we were dropping like a stone, that we'd just broke our transfer record and not even finished in the top half of the table, that we had a champions league wage bill and a relegation scrapping team and that his strategy of not putting a penny into the club and spending future income hadn't paid off.

So what?

Either that or he realised that we were dropping like a stone, that we'd just broke our transfer record and not even finished in the top half of the table, that we had a champions league wage bill and a relegation scrapping team and that his strategy of not putting a penny into the club and spending future income hadn't paid off.

I'm not denying we were in decline and that he'd taken a gamble that didn't pay off and was irresponsible. I just don't think he wanted out. I don't think we'd have got relegated under him either. Also, he seemed to be wanting to go for a more austere approach under Allardyce. In the short term, at least.

Edited by alex

In that case either start a new thread or take it to PM - way off topic.

Guest The Three Lions
Is this kid Thompers btw?

He's pretty shit, Thompers was marginally funnier, and wouldn't have posted the same Babyshambles song three times. The IP always gives it away.

So what?

I'm not denying we were in decline and that he'd taken a gamble didn't pay off and was irresponsible. I just don't think he wanted out. I don't think we'd have got relegated under him either.

Maybe not, but the shit hit the fan in the relegation season when Keegan left because of not having control of transfers. That's when the tailspin started. Ashley got crucified for this, but at the end of the day, he had appointed what he thought was a football man to make the signings. Shepherd, when he was here, was picking players himself. I'm far from a Mike Ashley fan, but he isn't bad enough to convince me that Shepherd was anything other than an idiot.

He's pretty shit, Thompers was marginally funnier, and wouldn't have posted the same Babyshambles song three times. The IP always gives it away.

Aye, he'd have used Kid Rock or Coldplay.

Ohhhhhhhhhh Stevie pipe dowwwwwwwn

So what?

I'm not denying we were in decline and that he'd taken a gamble didn't pay off and was irresponsible. I just don't think he wanted out. I don't think we'd have got relegated under him either.

Maybe not, but the shit hit the fan in the relegation season when Keegan left because of not having control of transfers. That's when the tailspin started. Ashley got crucified for this, but at the end of the day, he had appointed what he thought was a football man to make the signings. Shepherd, when he was here, was picking players himself. I'm far from a Mike Ashley fan, but he isn't bad enough to convince me that Shepherd was anything other than an idiot.

He's shown himself to be far less adept at running the club though.

So what?

He took on a more difficult task imo

So what?

He took on a more difficult task imo

I disgagree. Unless you take the arbitrary stance of Shepherd having nowt to do with the decision making before he was chairman and the Halls having nowt to do with it after. Are you going to counter my other points btw? I.e. about the timescales I mentioned and how you think they can still allow the excuse you make of the previous board spending all the money?

Edited by alex

In that case either start a new thread or take it to PM - way off topic.

howay Craig, thompers has clearly set out his stall to harp on about this, just like he used to do on NO. Besides, I don't have enough space left in my inbox :rolleyes:

Good idea to change the name of the thread, although I'll back out of it now, didn't want to go off topic in the first place even though I've nowt in particular to say about Joe Cole other than he's like Harry Redknapp etc if he hadn't been pretty good at football he'd be a barrow boy selling 2nd hand phones down the market on sunday mornings.

Edited by LeazesMag

I'll answer you Alex rather than thompers directly.

I also sold my shares and didn't want to sell them. I would also have liked to have got more when I realised I had little choice but to sell them.

If it turns out it is, his account will be deleted and I don't give a fuck who cares.

I'm not thompers :icon_lol: Fuuuuucking hell.

Guest The Three Lions

If it turns out it is, his account will be deleted and I don't give a fuck who cares.

I'm not thompers :icon_lol: Fuuuuucking hell.

Interesting that he'd know who Thompers is, given the Thoimpers id hasbn't been here for 2 years.