Budget

LeazesMag

haven't heard anything about it so far.........thought it would have been discussed on here. Being Tories, I expect they will tax everything in sight apart from income tax. Any news ?

:jester: Scroll down man. :dancing:

ah. It's all part of the "politics" .......

A rise in VAT [instead of income tax] ? Expected that, typical tories.

we all have to pay for all those public sector employees somehow

you sound bitter about something ;)

Fact is anyway, it isn't the public sector workers who caused the current situation, so why should they pay a price, but I suppose that won't matter to your opinion .....

Fact is anyway, it isn't the public sector workers who caused the current situation, so why should they pay a price, but I suppose that won't matter to your opinion .....

Call it a premium for their job security.

well. There is nothing to stop anybody from applying to get into the public sector is there ?

I find that people who spout this sort of thing are victims of the green eyed monster, or even wearing rose tinted specs about being employed in the public sector. To repeat, the current situation was not caused by public sector workers. Typical tories, they blame anybody but the rich and put up anything but income tax to upset their already rich "friends".......nothing changes with them.

Edited by LeazesMag

The public sector employees' bosses are making cutbacks and so wages have been frozen, the same happens in the private sector. Plenty of people who didn't cause this financial mess or facing wage freezes or even out of a job.

Exactly - all I 'm asking is that the public sector shares the pain

The private sector, in general, makes the cash that the public sector spends - nowt wrong in that - its the basis of a civilised society - but you have to have some balance

Many public sector workers don't have job security ewerk.

Fact is while there is a budget deficit, the public sector needs to be cut.

I know there are temporary and contract workers but I thought compulsory redundancies didn't happen in the public sector?

Why is this the only way ?

exactly, what about the corporation tax, what about income tax, what about levies on caviare?

It's not the only way, incase you hadn't noticed, the government is trying lots of ways.

he says it is, or that it MUST be cut

My point stands. Typical tories, anything but a rise in income tax

Fish trying to pretend he doesn't know how to spell caviar. :icon_lol:

;)

Honestly? I thought it was caviar, but the spell-checker on firefox said different, so I obeyed it's ruling.

I know there are temporary and contract workers but I thought compulsory redundancies didn't happen in the public sector?

I don't know where you got that impression from, I hope you're right for my sake though.

exactly, what about the corporation tax, what about income tax, what about levies on caviar?

That's a lot of caviar to cover £170 billion.

you sound bitter about something :icon_lol:

exactly, what about the corporation tax, what about income tax, what about levies on caviar?

That's a lot of caviar to cover £170 billion.

Not if it's the good stuff, ;)