Flights to Sydney

Kid Dynamite

Dubai international is fucking horrible btw.

Never seen the attraction of the place full stop. PL footballers seem to love it - say no more.

It's better than Abu Dhabi, just, but going via the middle east tends to mean less time wasted between joining flights in my experience.

Oh aye, that's fair enough, I meant actually going on holiday there. Looks dreadful to me like. Grooverider loved it though apparently :)

Yeah, I've noticed it's always the golf playing, pool lounging types that think Dubai is the duck's guts but these types also seem to like a tanning bed.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen the attraction of the place full stop. PL footballers seem to love it - say no more.

It's better than Abu Dhabi, just, but going via the middle east tends to mean less time wasted between joining flights in my experience.

Oh aye, that's fair enough, I meant actually going on holiday there. Looks dreadful to me like. Grooverider loved it though apparently :)

What happened to him eventually? Prison?

Got four years but was pardoned after a year or something like that. Only had about a teenth on him iirc. As my mate said at the time, them's the breaks :)

Got four years but was pardoned after a year or something like that. Only had about a teenth on him iirc. As my mate said at the time, them's the breaks :)

if you do do drugs stay clear of Dubai - and Singapore..........

You should let Grooverider know, it'll be about as handy as the advice you gave to KD in this thread after he'd already booked the flight :angry:

Maybe 10 days at a push. I did 12 hours on a plane to Vegas for a long weekend so we'll manage :)

Thing is, you're talking about a canny bit longer flight and you have to factor in the jetlag which is normally worse when you travel west to east (which you'll be doing on the way there) so you'll probably get the worst of it during your stay there. I'm honestly not trying to put a dampener on it, I just think you might regret it if you only go for 7 nights. Anyway, I suppose it's an excuse to go again if your stay's too short this time :)

the boy is correct - after 24 hours in slave class and 11 time zones you're brain is mush - and that's both ways

The logical way is Qantas or Singapore via Singapore or Thai via Bangkok - don't go via Hong Kong or Korea

The Emirate flight you're on means you leave Tyneside on (say) Monday at 13:00 arrive Dubai around midnight, leave there at 02:00 and arrive in Sydney at 22:00 Tuesday - you'll at least pass out for the night - God knows what state you'll be in but don't plan owt for the next 24 hours - you won't remember it anyway

Don't take any food products into OZ - they get very very shirty - chocolate is OK if you declare it

The electronic visa system on thw web is quite good - but don't forget to do it!

Haha, those are pretty much our flight times

Got four years but was pardoned after a year or something like that. Only had about a teenth on him iirc. As my mate said at the time, them's the breaks :angry:

You should let Grooverider know, it'll be about as handy as the advice you gave to KD in this thread after he'd already booked the flight <_<

Aye, some right doom mongers in this thread. Well I've never been and I'm looking forward to it, I'm struggling to believe it's as bad as some people are making out :)

My sisters bloke was born and bred in Sydney too so hopefully we will get to see things outside of the usual tourist haunts.

I'm also sad when it comes to flying and look forward to it almost as much as the holiday. Although after 24hours I may be singing a different tune!

Got four years but was pardoned after a year or something like that. Only had about a teenth on him iirc. As my mate said at the time, them's the breaks :angry:

You should let Grooverider know, it'll be about as handy as the advice you gave to KD in this thread after he'd already booked the flight <_<

Aye, some right doom mongers in this thread. Well I've never been and I'm looking forward to it, I'm struggling to believe it's as bad as some people are making out :)

My sisters bloke was born and bred in Sydney too so hopefully we will get to see things outside of the usual tourist haunts.

I'm also sad when it comes to flying and look forward to it almost as much as the holiday. Although after 24hours I may be singing a different tune!

I know it's a cheesy tourist thing KD but I'd do a cruise of the harbour as it's a good way to see stuff like the bridge and opera house. The Rocks is worth seeing just because it's so like the Quayside it'll make you do a double take.

Lovely.

I know it's a cheesy tourist thing KD but I'd do a cruise of the harbour as it's a good way to see stuff like the bridge and opera house. The Rocks is worth seeing just because it's so like the Quayside it'll make you do a double take.

Especially with that big Tyne bridge looming overhead.

I'd suggest a bridge walk is also a must for tourists and take the ferry to Parramatta as an alternative to a harbour tour.

Other than that, keep away from Bondi, if you want to surf go to Manly Surf school; only go to the Cross Sunday to Thursday nights; get your brother in law and sister to take you to the Blue Mountains during the week, not on a weekend. Beware Darling Harbour is where tourists go.

Go see a band at the Iron Duke in Zetland, a Sydney FC match might be good for a laugh - stand in the "cove" which is the singing section.

There are a couple of interesting tours - a ghost one at the old Manly Quarantine Station and Sydney Underground tour.

Not sure if your lass drinks wine (you don't do you?) but a trip to the Hunter Valley is a good day out.

Actually here in lies the big difference between Sydney and Melbourne, Sydney can be a tourist trap and there are lots of tourist tours/plans/shite, whereas Melbourne doesn't seem to have the same sort of tourist trade.

There will be all the usual stuff, jet boat rides, bungy jumps, etc if you want them.

Especially with that big Tyne bridge looming overhead.

I'd suggest a bridge walk is also a must for tourists and take the ferry to Parramatta as an alternative to a harbour tour.

Other than that, keep away from Bondi, if you want to surf go to Manly Surf school; only go to the Cross Sunday to Thursday nights; get your brother in law and sister to take you to the Blue Mountains during the week, not on a weekend. Beware Darling Harbour is where tourists go.

Go see a band at the Iron Duke in Zetland, a Sydney FC match might be good for a laugh - stand in the "cove" which is the singing section.

There are a couple of interesting tours - a ghost one at the old Manly Quarantine Station and Sydney Underground tour.

Not sure if your lass drinks wine (you don't do you?) but a trip to the Hunter Valley is a good day out.

Actually here in lies the big difference between Sydney and Melbourne, Sydney can be a tourist trap and there are lots of tourist tours/plans/shite, whereas Melbourne doesn't seem to have the same sort of tourist trade.

There will be all the usual stuff, jet boat rides, bungy jumps, etc if you want them.

His best mate plays for Canterbury Bulldogs but I think the season is over by then unfortunately. I'll be going to see the SCG though!

How the fuck anyone can enjoy long haul in cattle class is beyond me. :)

I don't know if enjoy is the word but a bottle of wine and some valium certainly takes the edge off it.

This is a good book btw:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sydney-Geoffrey-Mo...3014&sr=1-2

It's a sort of history of the place rather than a guide book though. You might enjoy it too Steven :)

Looks interesting.

Alternatively this is very good http://www.amazon.com/Leviathan-unauthoris...m/dp/0091842034

And KD, chances are the if his mate plays for the bulldogs he might be locked up on rape charges by then!

Sydney FC play in the stadium next door to the SCG btw.

The SCG always looks lush on the telly. A proper old skool cricket ground unlike the MCG.

It is, I worked in the members bar pulling beers just after uni, the beer pipes are so bad but they can't replace them as the thing is heritage listed.

It would be better if the hill was still there.

I don't know if enjoy is the word but a bottle of wine and some valium certainly takes the edge off it.

Wish I could get hold of the vallium and staying remotely pissed over that kind of time period is nigh on impossible, and not really desirable in any case.

I've got a 12 hour flight in November and I'm dreading it, tbh the flight time really puts me off going to Australia. I'd want at least 3 weeks there.

Wish I could get hold of the vallium and staying remotely pissed over that kind of time period is nigh on impossible, and not really desirable in any case.

I've got a 12 hour flight in November and I'm dreading it, tbh the flight time really puts me off going to Australia. I'd want at least 3 weeks there.

I think getting pissed (or trying to) would actually make it worse. The effect of the two puts you to sleep for about 10 hours though, which is just what the doctor ordered. (It was a bit of tongue-in-cheek suggestion really).

My last two trips to Europe/England have been 6/8 weeks and I'd never do anything less again, it's too far to bother, IMO, for anything less.

A right bunch of miserable cunts on here like. I flew to Vegas for 4nights in April. Granted it was only 10 hours on a plane but you can add 5 hours in the car on that to get to Heathrow. Loved every minute of it.

Talk about times changing. As a kid I would have given my right arm to be able to afford tickets to Australia.

I remain somewhat unconvinced by your assertion you're going to enjoy every minute of 24 hours in economy class like :)

Im sure Ill be sick as a chip once Im in Dubai but I'm still looking forward to it. My sis did the same flight last year and said there's a huge selection of new release movies to watch so that will keep me happy!